A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,587
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Come one come all post your new tattoo IDEAS!  (Read 293932 times)
Tags for this thread: spy1_vs_spy2  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crystalpeace
« Reply #1050 on: June 06, 2008 09:28:30 AM »

so for as long as i could remember i wanted to get married on 07/07/07...
but thats seriously not happening...soooo.. .
im gonna get a tattoo inspired by 07/07/07 and God.
but im all out of ideas, any help??

i am not sure if you had gotten an idea but i just thought of one and it would be a religious   but if you put the 3 sevens in the shape of a triangle    here is a rough idea of what i mean
the triangle is a symbol for the trinity (father, son and holy spirit)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1051 on: June 06, 2008 03:34:31 PM »

white ink: it's a hard colourto do a whole piece in, and most artists will try to steer you away from it because of the likliness of fading and uneven coverage, as well as yellowing.
that being said, i plan on getting a white ink piece later in life. I have visible ink, but I'm not sure if I'm ready for the comittment to facial tats just yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Brihene

i'm kind of a big deal.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1052 on: June 11, 2008 08:24:57 AM »

My nanny died last week of lung cancer, and one of the things we had in common was that we both loved Tiger Lilys.
I thought of getting a tattoo of a tiger lily with a lavender ribbon wrapped around it in memory of her.
Good idea, or no?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < )

My shop the swap 7 shop!

Horse swap, anyone?
Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

« Reply #1053 on: June 11, 2008 08:57:11 AM »

Yeah, why not? If you google lily + tattoo images you will see all kinds of examples. The orange flower, green stem & leaves and purple ribbon should compliment each other because it is a secondary triadic color scheme (those 3 colors make a triangle on the color wheel). Unless your nanny was offended by tattoos. Then maybe think of a different way to honor her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
pikaboo26
#LOFNOTC

We're all gonna die. Be good to each other.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1054 on: June 15, 2008 03:58:11 PM »

I decided to scale down my original plan from getting a raven and a dove side by side on my back. Instead I'm going to start off smaller with a simple graphic symbol. If anyone has read the Dark Tower series by Stephen King, you'll recognize the Mark of the Eld:

The symbols on top are the Mark of the Eld, the main character in the story's family, and the symbols in a row on the bottom spell out "unfound" in the High Speech. I don't know exactly where I want the Mark of the Eld (maybe on the tops of my feet), but I think I want to do "unfound" around my ankle or across the underside of my wrist.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where's North from here?
___________________ _____

"As far as I'm concerned, reality can go take a flying f*ck at a rolling doughnut." -Stephen King
JackieWhite
« Reply #1055 on: June 16, 2008 08:31:14 PM »

I turn 18 in August, and one of my birthday presents is a tattoo. 
I'm pretty sure I want my first one to be the veterinary symbol.   I'm entering college for my BS in vet science, and hoping to eventually get into vet school.  I'm horribly unmotivated when it comes to school, but I figure if I have something permanent to remind me that it's my passion, it'll give me the drive to get through schooling.

I've seen it with angel wings as well, but I'm not sure I like that.

Any suggestions on whether or not to get it with detail(ie: scales on the snake, etc) and color?  Or would that just look tacky?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

« Reply #1056 on: June 17, 2008 05:46:10 AM »

Jackie, how much detail you should get really depends on how big the tat is. If you want it to be a couple of inches high, there won't be room for much detail, and if you try it will end up looking muddy, especially as it ages and the ink spreads out. To get the kind of detail you talked about, scales on the snake, etc. it would probably need to be several inches high, like half your arm or a good portion of your back.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sinners' Feast
jshires

Bye bye boys! Have fun storming the castle!

« Reply #1057 on: June 17, 2008 12:48:00 PM »

I have really enjoyed reading everyone's ideas here, as well as looking at everyone's tats on the other two mega threads...My idea I have been throwing around is a Tudor Rose, like this one:
http://www.slippydog.co.uk/tudor/kingsandqueens/tudor_rose.jpg And I have found a local artist who does really beautiful floral tattoos. I was thinking this because I am a history major and the Renaissance is my absolute favorite period. I'm particularly in love with the Italian Ren. and plan to do a more elaborate one incorporating some of my favorite Italian artists (or maybe just one artist. I haven't worked it out yet) But, I thought for my first tattoo I should do something a little simpler. My other obsession is Tudor England. Especially Henry VIII and his daughters. So, I thought this would be fitting and pretty as well, and hopefully something I won't tire of later. I'm not sure about placement and size, so I just wondered what you all thought of the concept and any recommendations on placement. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Jessi~La

"People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; Never throw out anyone." ~Audrey Hepburn
My Wists
My Blog
Domitilla
« Reply #1058 on: June 18, 2008 01:40:56 AM »

@jakie: I'm studying to become a vet and believe me, you really need to be motivated to do it. At least here in Italy the school is very very hard, time consuming, expensive, and they don't let you see a living animal 'till 3rd year (and the animals you see are the cows that are going to be killed). So go here very motivated and you'll do it Wink !
For the tattoo: I think that being a symbol it doesn't need to be so detailed, in the end it's a graphic symbol that rapresents your passion, and I think that symbols look better when they are simple, because they catch your eye and you are suddenly able to understand what they mean. (bad english, but I hope you can understand Wink )

BTW I'm planning to get a tattoo rappresenting my passion for animals and the fact I'm studying vet medicine too, I was thinking about a little owl on a moon, with "daysleeper" written below it, which is the title of a REM song (my fav group) and reminds of the long periods in which I'll have to stay up all night to study and work. The owl rapresents wisdom and it's the symbol of Athena, so it reminds me of my past studies in liceo classico (high school where you study latin and greek). Plus I would love to work with wild animals and owls in particular.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm interested in personal swaps, so let me know if you want!
Feast Your Eyes

Serial Craft Dabbler

« Reply #1059 on: June 18, 2008 09:21:05 AM »

jshires, i think that would make a lovely tat, and you could place it anywhere, since it is circular. I could see it between the shoulder blades, on the upper arm near the shoulder, on a hip, etc...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sinners' Feast
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to French Braid
How to Style Hair with Wax
How to Use a Hair Diffuser
How to Fishtail Braid
How to Put Your Hair in a Bun
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...