A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,923
Currently Running With Scissors:
574 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Come one come all post your new tattoo IDEAS!  (Read 306449 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thekster
« Reply #1010 on: February 01, 2008 06:00:27 PM »

I got mine! I posted a pic on the "come one come all post your tattoo pics" or whatever thread.
After I got it done, I said I didn't think I would get any more, or even get it touched up cuz it hurtttt but now I'm reconsidering... I think I want either f holes, a viola, or an alto clef but I haven't decided which or where.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008 06:33:42 PM by thekster » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
sapphire_distortion
« Reply #1011 on: February 04, 2008 09:11:48 PM »

okay, I have some tattoo related rambling to do. (this is what happens when you start thinking about tattoos while lying in bed trying to sleep. it makes you start thinking too much and get back up. damn.)

I want a lot of tattoos and I have most of them pretty well planned out. I wanted my next one to either be my Clash/Joe Strummer tribute tattoo or my DIY or DIE tattoo (I want a skull stitched into the skin with button eyes and a banner over it that says "D.I.Y. or DIE" with the needle and thread hanging off the end of the banner. I know it's not SUPER extra original but no idea stealin' plz kthx. hah), in b/w. I had settled on the second one, which I was thinking for on my hip (in roughly the same place as my Isis tattoo which is this

but probably a little closer to the back, as I think it would sit better there and also hipbone = OW.

now the thought occurred to me that this would also look really cool on my shoulder. and then if I wanted to add more crafty stuff later I could. butttt I want a storm scene on my shoulder (lightning bolts coming down from a cloudy/stormy sky over a desert landscape, pyramids on the horizon, probably red hieroglyphs in the clouds - it's for Set Smiley ). then I also think...I was planning on getting a round tattoo in between my shoulder blades. I don't know what yet but I was thinking maybe something with the alethiometer. (from His Dark Materials...me, geek...naaaahhhh) The storm scene would probably would pretty well there too. It had kind of a nice symmetry on my shoulder though, since on my other shoulder I want a lotus coming out of the water with the sun rising behind it.

as an afterthought, in case this isn't clear, I'm not talking shoulderblade area, actual arm shoulder area.

I could probably get the alethiometer on my hip or worked into another tattoo. I kind of like the idea of it on my hip actually. And also, I'm not even for sure I would want to add more stuff to the crafty one at all - I want it to have kind of an old-school influenced look and I think adding more stuff later might make it look a little "busy". But I was wondering if you guys could tell me where you think the storm scene/crafty tatt would look best? thanks for readin' mah ramblings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
littlepunkkitty
« Reply #1012 on: February 05, 2008 12:41:02 PM »

sapphire- i love your crafty tattoo idea!!  im getting a skull with cross needles (one sewing, one knitting) on my left ankle!  i was gonna get it this jan but i have stupid hospital bills :-( so i have to wait. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kiden2
« Reply #1013 on: February 05, 2008 05:51:12 PM »

So The Trumpet of the Swan is one of my favorite books...my dad read it to me when I was little.  I wanted to get a tattoo of one of the illustrations from the book.  Do you think this is feasible?  I want it on my forearm.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

cheera
Weenie-mobile!

OHNOEZ!

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: February 05, 2008 06:25:43 PM »

Kiden, I think that would come out amazing. Make sure you look at your artists portfolio and see that he or she does kickass shading work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.bunny-squids.blogspot.com I am terrible at blogging!
mayerlove
« Reply #1015 on: February 05, 2008 07:56:54 PM »

that would be AWESOME!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
PhunkyThreads
this is the only craftster id I've ever had

wait for it....it wil come...

View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: February 06, 2008 08:07:23 PM »

I have thought long and hard about my first (and likely only) tattoo, and  I have decided I want a lower back (yes, I want ass antlers) tattoo. I want a heart with wings that looks exactly like my lucky belt buckle, with sparrows on eaither side, holding a ribbon that shows on either side of the tattoo, and just above the top of the heart. I want it to say "love only me"  with one word on each of the 3 sections of ribbon. I also want it in color with a red heart, white wings, and blue and yellow (with a hint of red) sparrows. I wish I could draw and show you what I am talking about. but here are the pics I used for inspiration.

my buckle:

I like this sparrow for my tat, I can easily picture two of them on either side of the heart, holding the ribbon in their beaks

I could also do these sparrows, but I really like the first one

I just saw these and I LOVE THEM!
(exactly what  I want)

any ideas on where to find an artist who can draw out my tattoo idea?

« Last Edit: February 06, 2008 09:35:47 PM by PhunkyThreads » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If speaking my mind gets me in trouble with the establishment,then I never want to be silent
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: February 07, 2008 05:27:08 AM »

any ideas on where to find an artist who can draw out my tattoo idea?

Any artist that you research/plan on getting the tattoo done by, should be able to draw out your idea for you.  Take the pictures with you, tell them ALL about what you want and they should be able to do it for you.

My artist will take all of the info/ideas from people and work up designs over the weekend.  He emails his ideas out on Mondays.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xfoxglove
« Reply #1018 on: February 07, 2008 07:10:07 AM »

i'm not sure if anyone has discussed this before, but does anybody know the best place to get tattooed in philly?  (or the best in their opinion?)  i'm posting some photo references to help.

i'm hoping to get an artist who is good with realism:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/191/517212804_0b50b86e48.jpg?v=0

or even something slightly stylized:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/208/511211246_2d3db6258c.jpg?v=0

(and while i'm at it, which do you guys like better?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace.com/xfoxglove
mayerlove
« Reply #1019 on: February 07, 2008 01:21:26 PM »

i like the first one a lot better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Flat Iron Your Hair
How to Choose a Flat Iron
How to Maintain Your Flat Iron and Hair
How to Use a Flat Iron
How to Style Curly Hair with Pins
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...