A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,685
Currently Running With Scissors:
577 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Come one come all post your new tattoo IDEAS!  (Read 294856 times)
Tags for this thread: spy1_vs_spy2  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fredchinchilla
« Reply #960 on: November 30, 2007 02:57:07 PM »

my mom and i were planning on getting matching tattoos and i had the shop all picked out, but my mom is anal about giving blood. like, every chance she gets, she gives blood. in mass it's a law that you can't give blood for a year after you get a tattoo. however, someone at the donation center told my mom that the laws regulating tattoo shops in rhode island are different and that if we got tattoos there, she could still give blood in mass as much as she wanted.

so with that all said.... does anyone know of a good shop in rhode island?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #961 on: November 30, 2007 11:27:59 PM »

Hmmm you might want to check out the regulatory rules for blood donations to be sure... To me, that seems a little "iffy" for the rules on that to be more lax in one state than another. It's the same in TX though - no donations for a year for tats, and I think either 6 mos - 1 year for piercings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
Lola Caracola
« Reply #962 on: December 01, 2007 04:17:46 AM »

OMG I'm so in LOVE with this:

I told my artist I wanted a mermaid on my upper arm and this is what she came up with...

...a tattoed heartbreaking lovely looking mermaid with a cute little crown, next to her the skull of a poor sailor..... I am so totally loving this!!!

Not sure about the creatures and stuff on the ground, looks almost a bit too crowded there.  In the free space at the right side of the mermaid there will be a sailing ship at the horizon added.
I'm so excited now!! The appointment ist on dec. 12, thats almost 2 weeks from today Shocked

THIS ROCKS   Logged
mayerlove
« Reply #963 on: December 01, 2007 09:11:00 AM »

WOW that is awesome! I cannot WAIT to see it done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #964 on: December 01, 2007 09:31:56 AM »

I love that!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
intergalacticj

jam jam jam jam jam...

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: December 01, 2007 10:28:41 AM »

wow lola, i love it!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

theknitnkitn
« Reply #966 on: December 06, 2007 10:04:16 PM »

a close friend of mine was killed in a hit-and-run six years ago this month. ever since his death i've wanted a shark tattoo (his last name is sharkey and he was beautiful and misunderstood) on my lower back in his honor. i think it's finally time to get it done! i'm going to be in SF for the month of January and there's a great place out there that's woman-owned and operated called Black and Blue. i've heard nothing but rave reviews. i found this image online and really liked it...so i'm thinking all black/shaded shark and shadow. i'll want the artist to redraw and refine it, of course, but i like the movement in this image. and it's a tiger shark, which is what i wanted. i'm also going to add the date, 12.18.01.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

liasaun1
« Reply #967 on: December 06, 2007 11:13:45 PM »

I'm turning 18 in a month and I've been mulling over some potential tattoos, though if I don't ABSOLUTELY think it will have meaning for me for the rest of my life I don't want to get it. Here's what I've come up with:

-A heart on my love handles along with some body-positive text (I'm recovering from an ED, and though I hope it won't be totally relevant to the rest of my life, I do want to be able to look at those curves and remember to love them)
-The word "curvy" or "beautiful" or "beautiful girl/woman" in my own handwriting so that I remembered my descision at 17 to love myself in spite of my imperfections
-something curvy-positive: voluptuous, sensuous, curvy, etc, any good word ideas?
-Something anti-ED. the best ED tattoo I ever saw was a scale being smashed to bits by a hammer with the latin words for "Thus always to tyrants." I think that's too intense for me but I do want something body positive as long as it's going on my body.
-The word "strength" in some cool script/language/whatever so that I can remember always to have it in any situation no matter what.

Opinions? Ideas, images?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://omglia.com
Funky & colorful jewelry, clothing, &accessories
http://omgliastash.etsy.com
Destash and supply! Bead and charm lots!
My Blog!
runyerpockets77

I'm Mean Looking.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #968 on: December 07, 2007 01:08:49 AM »

I'm turning 18 in a month and I've been mulling over some potential tattoos, though if I don't ABSOLUTELY think it will have meaning for me for the rest of my life I don't want to get it. Here's what I've come up with:

-A heart on my love handles along with some body-positive text (I'm recovering from an ED, and though I hope it won't be totally relevant to the rest of my life, I do want to be able to look at those curves and remember to love them)
-The word "curvy" or "beautiful" or "beautiful girl/woman" in my own handwriting so that I remembered my descision at 17 to love myself in spite of my imperfections
-something curvy-positive: voluptuous, sensuous, curvy, etc, any good word ideas?
-Something anti-ED. the best ED tattoo I ever saw was a scale being smashed to bits by a hammer with the latin words for "Thus always to tyrants." I think that's too intense for me but I do want something body positive as long as it's going on my body.
-The word "strength" in some cool script/language/whatever so that I can remember always to have it in any situation no matter what.

Opinions? Ideas, images?

Just throwing it out there, but things you feel really strongly toward when yer 17 you may not feel in about 6 months.  If you want something that makes you feel strong why not something that encompasses yer entire being, not just the part that got over an Eating Disorder.  Why not something that moves yer mind, body and spirit, something you live for, or even what yer actual perception of beauty is, or something that tantilizes like:

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"
"Beauty must be defined as what we are, or else the concept itself is our enemy"

Or you could totally skew it and have a rat tattoed on you and tell everyone even though its a rancid, vile ugly creature its beautiful in its own ways and without it we wouldn't have the larger creatures that others seem to find so beguiling.

Or if you did want something pertaining to ED why not like an hourglass.  Yer recovery took time and patience which you endured and it gives you the happy curves that you now enjoy?

Just a thought.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
piratecore
« Reply #969 on: December 07, 2007 09:09:16 AM »

Opinions? Ideas, images?

what about a curvy pin-up girl??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Biryani
How to Make Aloo Gobhi
How to Make Indian Bread
Classic Pad Thai Recipe
Cambodian Green Papaya Salad
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...