A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,072
Currently Running With Scissors:
738 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Come one come all post your new tattoo IDEAS!  (Read 297668 times)
Tags for this thread: spy1_vs_spy2  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AredRouletteKiss
« Reply #780 on: May 15, 2007 07:00:22 AM »

I'm glad someone did it first to know it transfers well...Do you know what colors they used?  I'm not sure if I want to use the same colors? I almost like a blue green pallet more...or at least for the butterflies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wists: http://www.wists.com/RenderedGypsy
myspace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=9110428

Hear the chimes,
did you know that the wind when it blows
It is older than Rome and all of this sorrow
~ Conor Oberst ~
s_looten
« Reply #781 on: May 15, 2007 07:53:06 AM »

AredRouletteKiss, that is one of my favorite images ever. I bought the Threadless T-shirt, but I really want a full size wall mural.

It would make a great tatto! (I'm just too scared to get one)

If you get it, make sure to show us! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #782 on: May 15, 2007 08:34:06 AM »

well, I was pretty sure that I had seen that on Modblog, so I spent the past half hour or so scouring the 73 pages under the "tattoo" subsection of the posts....seems that I couldn't find it. Sad But, I do look at a lot of body mod sites, so in reality it could have been anywhere. Or a click-through link from modblog (which I don't have time for right now, as I'm at work)

Anyways, the wearer had done the entire piece in black. Just solid black. It looked awesome. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
s_looten
« Reply #783 on: May 15, 2007 10:49:46 AM »

AredRouletteKiss: Found examples!

This is the original artist's web site and he has tattoo examples. They look pretty rad.

http://www.gutterpark.com/gptats.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #784 on: May 15, 2007 01:11:02 PM »

It was on BME!!

on that web page, the middle row, first image on your left, tagged BME; and last row, second image from the left, tagged BME

I feel a slight sense of relief that I'm not losing my mind now, thanks s_looten! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Morning Star
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

feel my chest when i look at you, baby you, you got my only heart.

suppose i said, you're my saving grace?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #785 on: May 15, 2007 01:56:20 PM »

shamelesslyahippie - i LOVE that idea. it's awesome. and such a cool drawing. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-mayor west?
-how do you know my language?

i made an info blog for my swap partners.
http://mon-seul.livejournal.com/

i now have a wist list!

www.wists.com/morningstar
shamelesslyahippie

i'm not a popsicle

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 15, 2007 03:51:28 PM »

thank you so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Comment allez-vous ce soir? Je suis comme ci comme a
 Yes, a penguin taught me French back in Antarctica
punkrockmom

never trust a knitter with the grocery money

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 17, 2007 05:05:32 AM »

i hope this is the right place for this.
i have an appt to get a nautical star tomorrow on my left forearm just below the elbow crease.  nothing too big, smaller then a silver dollar,  in red & black.  i have two relatively big tattoos on my back.  but oh my goodness im so nervous about the placement!  on one hand i like it, part of me even likes the idea that i'll have to deal with people seeing it.  but then again i dont know:O   no one has ever "bothered" me about my back tats, so why would it be different with one on my arm? any comments?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

boo37.blogspot.com
jesseeyore
« Reply #788 on: May 17, 2007 05:41:32 AM »

i have an appt to get a nautical star tomorrow on my left forearm just below the elbow crease.  nothing too big, smaller then a silver dollar,  in red & black.  i have two relatively big tattoos on my back.  but oh my goodness im so nervous about the placement!  on one hand i like it, part of me even likes the idea that i'll have to deal with people seeing it.  but then again i dont know:O   no one has ever "bothered" me about my back tats, so why would it be different with one on my arm? any comments?

I had the same argument with myself over an arm tattoo I wanted to get. I have several on my back but as you know, back tattoos are easily hidden. What I ended up doing was getting my arm tattoo above the elbow, so that if I wear a scrub top (I work at a doctor's office) than it doesn't show at all.  But when I'm off work I can show it off as much as I want (or don't want). I have a pic somewhere if you're curious as to the placement.
I do like that people see it though, I feel like tattoos are my personal choice, so if someone doesn't like it they can look away.
Either way, I hope you make a decision that YOU are comfortable with. Good luck! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feedback makes me happy

http://www.wists.com/jesseeyore
kaleesi
Craftaholic

Rae'Lynn Grace - 5 months old

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 17, 2007 05:48:50 AM »

If you are nervous about the placement maybe you should postpone your appointment - you can ALWAYS get it later, but once you have it you can't get rid of it.  Maybe get a fake tattoo exactly where you want it and wear it a few days and see what you think?
Just my 2 cents worth.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a gorgeous granddaughter Smiley

Not allowed to craft without supervision Wink
God is big enough.....
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Dress Casually
Bobbie Thomas With Marlo Thomas
Tricks For Oily Skin In The Summer
Affordable Style Staples For The Summer
Summer And Spring Style Trends 2013
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...