A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,197
Currently Running With Scissors:
554 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Come one come all post your new tattoo IDEAS!  (Read 316905 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

globox
« Reply #660 on: March 10, 2007 01:40:43 AM »

Prison tattoos, I see some - not many, are usually blue here - blue pens are far more common then black pens here. Many are okay looking technically.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imjusmee
« Reply #661 on: March 10, 2007 05:29:47 PM »

im getting my 1st tattoo tomorrow. im excited! im gonna get a little heart about the size of a quarter with a bold black outline filled in with red behind my ear. i guess to me it signifies to listening to your heart. im kind of in some sort of perdicament in my life to where i need to trust my own self and the decisions i make and hwat better way to remind myself than with a tattoo! =D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

promise yourself to be strong that nothing can disturb your <b>peace</b> of mind.
katies1969

Where's Cana and why wasn't I invited?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #662 on: March 16, 2007 06:08:20 PM »

im getting my 1st tattoo tomorrow. im excited! im gonna get a little heart about the size of a quarter with a bold black outline filled in with red behind my ear. i guess to me it signifies to listening to your heart. im kind of in some sort of perdicament in my life to where i need to trust my own self and the decisions i make and hwat better way to remind myself than with a tattoo! =D

wow that was my first tattoo some (ooooh 20 years ago - only on my ankle)  I like the reference behind your ear.  Symbols rock!  I have a huge crown of thorns that turns into a grape cluster that stands for what Christ did turning into the fruit of the Spirit on my right foot (what I stand on) so obviously I like symbols!  Hope it turns out cool! Katie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is pain, Your Highness,  anyone who tells you different is selling something."

"There are just some things a monkey can't explain to a weiner dog." CG

I Have a Wist - http://www.wists.com/katies1969/

http://www.katies1969.blogspot.com
A_BigBigLove
« Reply #663 on: March 18, 2007 03:06:34 AM »

yay tattoos! so I've had an idea for my first tattoo for awhile. here it goes:
i want to get a set of flowers, each is going to symbolize a different place I've lived.
so at the base of my neck between my shoulder blades i want an edelweiss for Germany (where i was born) and my German heritage, then along the top of my back/shoulder blades a little smaller a red hibiscus for Hawaii, on the other side, a Black eyed susan for Maryland, then on one side a rose for england, and eventually something for Arizona I'm not sure what though, probably a saguaro cactus blossom.

i really like the idea for three reasons, it will be pretty and colorful, it will be meaningful, I'll be able to build off of it.

I'm really excited about it!
and finally a question, can anyone recommend a good tattoo shop in the Tucson area?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Goodbys always make my throat hurt... I need more hellos." -Charlie Brown
mycatisnosferatu
« Reply #664 on: March 18, 2007 08:02:56 AM »

red hibiscus for Hawaii

Yellow hibiscuses are the Hawaiian state flower. Red ones are from California.  BTW
THIS ROCKS   Logged
A_BigBigLove
« Reply #665 on: March 18, 2007 03:42:52 PM »

red hibiscus for Hawaii

Yellow hibiscuses are the Hawaiian state flower. Red ones are from California.  BTW

yea, but red would look better on my skin, and we had red ones in front of my house!! thanks though! the edelweiss isn't the German flower either, its just what i've always associated germany with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Goodbys always make my throat hurt... I need more hellos." -Charlie Brown
PinFish
« Reply #666 on: March 19, 2007 09:11:03 AM »

lookie lookie!! My friend drew up the design for me- so pretty!!!

The color is a little dark in this image. It's actually a bit brighter than that.

I'm going to the tattoo shop today to set up an appointment, but I have a few questions.

First, I know the answer is probably "it varies too much to say" but ANY estimates of price for this tattoo at 6"x6"? I've only got about $350 spendable right now so it'd be kind of nice to have a ballpark estimate before I go to the shop.

Second, do you think they'd be able to make a stencil of it? I know that makes things easier, and I have the outline printed out in the size I want.

Third, is the bicep area a good place for a first tattoo, pain wise? I know it varies for different people, but if I could get a few people to tell me their experience with this area it'd be great.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinafish
« Reply #667 on: March 19, 2007 03:39:57 PM »

The color is a little dark in this image. It's actually a bit brighter than that.

I'm going to the tattoo shop today to set up an appointment, but I have a few questions.

First, I know the answer is probably "it varies too much to say" but ANY estimates of price for this tattoo at 6"x6"? I've only got about $350 spendable right now so it'd be kind of nice to have a ballpark estimate before I go to the shop.

Second, do you think they'd be able to make a stencil of it? I know that makes things easier, and I have the outline printed out in the size I want.

Third, is the bicep area a good place for a first tattoo, pain wise? I know it varies for different people, but if I could get a few people to tell me their experience with this area it'd be great.

Thanks!

as far as price goes...it'll depend on the shop too. i go to a shop that charges $125 an hour...each shop and artist is different, so i'm no help there.

they WILL make a stencil of your tattoo...atleast from my experience so far. they will take what you have and get it to a transfer paper and then place it on your body where you want it...esp if you have it at a certain size that you like.

pain..hmm.i haven't gotten my arms done yet, but my husband has a upper sleeve on one arm and is working on the other. the outer upper part of the arm is the easiest to take pain...from what i hear. the further inwards on the inside of your arm...the more it hurts. just think of where your arm is ticklish when you graze your fingers over that area. places that tickle are the places that will hurt a little more because your skin is more sensitive.

hope that helps.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

shamelesslyahippie

i'm not a popsicle

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 22, 2007 09:36:45 AM »

Alright, i'm only 16 but i've been jonesing for a tattoo since i was about 11
here's an idea i have (of you like it, please dont take it, its veery important to me that no one else has the same tattoo...assuming you like it)

(please ignore the outline and the star...)

what do you guys think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Comment allez-vous ce soir? Je suis comme ci comme a
 Yes, a penguin taught me French back in Antarctica
jesseeyore
« Reply #669 on: March 22, 2007 09:51:30 AM »

Shameless..- that is beautiful!! Did you draw it yourself?? It's awesome. Where would you put it- on your back?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Feedback makes me happy

http://www.wists.com/jesseeyore
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Treat Bags for Halloween
How to Carve Pumpkins With Bette Midler
Baby Sushi Halloween Costume Tutorial
Tori Spelling Shares Tasty Halloween Craft Ideas
How to Make Paper Mache
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...