A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
662 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Come one come all post your new tattoo IDEAS!  (Read 299200 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

starlight1221
« Reply #630 on: March 03, 2007 06:31:06 PM »

A good artist can totally shade things in different hues (shades) not sure which is the correct term - but a friend of mine had a beautiful dragon morphing into a lion done all in just black and then shaded it in.  It's gorgeous, so I know that shades of black/grey are all possible.  Explain in great detail to your artist what you want and I'm sure they can do what you are looking for.  Have fun!  Katie

awesome, thanks!  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wakeupdonnie
« Reply #631 on: March 03, 2007 08:31:49 PM »

Oh. My. God. I just thought of the best tattoo idea EVER.
I wanted something serial-killerish, because.. it's one of my great loves, reading about serial killers and such, but I didn't want anything big like a portrait.
Soooooooooooo I thought of:

<3

I don't know where I'd want it, but I want it. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #632 on: March 04, 2007 09:13:00 AM »

A friend of mine has a moth really similar to that on her back. It's really really awesome and paired with a very large bright green sparrow-esque bird.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
sk8grll

I love my mini tea set!

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 05, 2007 08:40:58 AM »

I love the skull/moth thingie!

I know what I want. I am a cancer so I want the little cancer sign (astrollogical) that looks like a 69 on it's side you know? Tongue I want it on my wrist. I have a question... Will it hurt more to get in on the inside of my wrist than say, on my ankle/leg or sholder? Just wondering because the skin is so thin there Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace

Hi! I'm Kinnat Cheesy
I love making jewlery and purses.
I also love drawing people in powerpuff girl style Cheesy

I just started learning to sew and have made a couple of jumpers Cheesy
I also am learning to crochet at school and hope to finish making a scarf
kidkoala
« Reply #634 on: March 05, 2007 05:11:18 PM »

Oh. My. God. I just thought of the best tattoo idea EVER.
I wanted something serial-killerish, because.. it's one of my great loves, reading about serial killers and such, but I didn't want anything big like a portrait.
Soooooooooooo I thought of:

I don't know where I'd want it, but I want it. <3
Probably the only place it could work is on your back. It's going to have to be really big to show detail in the Dali Skull.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying."
                      -Woody Allen
elephantcrazy
« Reply #635 on: March 06, 2007 05:59:54 PM »

Does anybody know of any good, cheap tattoo parlors in the Orlando area? I'm going down there this weekend so....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #636 on: March 06, 2007 06:36:49 PM »

If you're willing to drive to Daytona (about an hour away) I've heard great things about Tropical Tattoo on beachside.  A few of my friends got them done there, they all look great and were reasonably priced.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
KiwiDragons
Get it together!

Stacked Sheep. :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #637 on: March 06, 2007 07:27:12 PM »

After I get color on the koi on my arms (which I've been waiting for 6 months to get, because I stupidly bought a house instead!) I'm getting a pair of phoenixes (is that right?) on my hips to symbolize "my new life." Pretty typical I guess, but I'm still excited. Especially since I should be getting that color this weekend (tried last weekend and the artists I like wasn't there), so the phoenix is even closer to being a reality. I have a picture, but it's not on this computer.

So, far the other ideas I've read about sound awesome! I wish everyone luck in their tattoos!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists

Little Visitor Adventures
Charlie in MO
Zazie in Canada
kinkyknit
Pathological Knitter

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 07, 2007 02:30:14 AM »

Last night I went to the tattoo shop and started planning my 3/4 sleeve with the artist!  I'm going to have to have flowers on the most badly scarred parts (he said that the shading will cover them nicely) so I've chosen roses. There is going to be a pin up girl down the centre (which is not scarred - yay) and then under my elbow on the inside (forearm bit) he's thinking a horse shoe with an anchor in it with a swallow. (Is that too much?) He drew most of it on my arm last night and took transfers - I don't want to wash it of hahahahaha. He can't fit me in till May  Cry But it will look so cool that it's absolutely worth the wait! 

Just think! me...with a 3/4 sleeve!  Gosh!

Edit: oh yes, I meant to ask... I have a blank area so far on the inside of my arm, which the tattoo artist said is good skin and would be a nice place to put something "unexpectd". Hmmm... any ideas??!!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007 02:50:58 AM by kinkyknit » THIS ROCKS   Logged

RCKFELLA
Tutorial Contributor

there's no substitute for time

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 07, 2007 11:00:06 AM »

omg so i just read ur post about  the number "5" in the tattoo topic and OMG!!! i totally feel the same way about 5!!! i'm not THAT obsessive but i defenitely want to get it tattooed and just things with five are so awesome liek stars and like. i was born on the 5th of january, so there's a five, and then on a thrusday, fifth day of the week, my name is karen which is 5 letters and my middle name is Victoria, the V is 5 in roman numerals, anyway the list goes on. although my number obsession has to do more with odds and evens. i HATE even numbers and i HATE the number six, so i totally feel ya. ANYWAY this is kind of pointless except not really because it's nice to find someone i have something in common with since it's so weird and none of my friends get it. so yeah . . . hah and i'm 18 too!!!

-karen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Box Reviews: Love Me Beauty Vs. Glossybox
How to Get Snowflake Nails
Top Picks for Face Masks and Peels
Easy and Quick Glamour Tips for the Holidays
The Best Beauty Products for Under £10
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...