A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 301,500
Currently Running With Scissors:
530 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Come one come all post your new tattoo IDEAS!  (Read 319276 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

katies1969

Where's Cana and why wasn't I invited?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #550 on: January 10, 2007 02:43:29 PM »

Just so we're clear - all tattoos hurt some - period.  But some areas are more sensitive than others and if you are going to get something huge with a lot of shading obviously it's going to hurt more than something very small and simple.  Now that being said - I'd say get what you want where you want.  I maybe would pick a different artist though.  I am not saying this person is not good - but if THEY have decided that you shouldn't get your design your tattoo experience may not be the best one you could have.   The whole process of getting a tattoo should be awesome for you so make it the best from the start.   That's just my two cents worth - oh and my husband has a giant tattoo running from his ear down the entire side of his neck.  He said it hurt like a bitch but the colors are amazing and have been for a long time no fading or anything.  If you do what needs to be done to get it to heal right you'll be fine!  Good luck and please post what you have done!  Katie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is pain, Your Highness,  anyone who tells you different is selling something."

"There are just some things a monkey can't explain to a weiner dog." CG

I Have a Wist - http://www.wists.com/katies1969/

http://www.katies1969.blogspot.com
shamelesslyahippie

i'm not a popsicle

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 10, 2007 04:20:14 PM »

i'm planning on getting a tatoo soon, and i'd love to share but i design my own, and the whole idea is that no one else has the same one, you know?

the image below is a photo by Man Ray. my friend has the F's (i'm calling them that because i forgot what their really called...on a cello) on each side of her back.
it is SO cool

sorry for how huge that is^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Comment allez-vous ce soir? Je suis comme ci comme a
 Yes, a penguin taught me French back in Antarctica
lemonadelemonade
.Eciwt erehwyreve eb ot tnaw I.

confusion between what we have and what we are...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #552 on: January 10, 2007 07:51:22 PM »

the image below is a photo by Man Ray. my friend has the F's (i'm calling them that because i forgot what their really called...on a cello) on each side of her back.
it is SO cool

That tattoo is beautiful!!  such a familiar concept, but it's still so unexpected to see on a human body.

P.S. I've played the cello for more than ten years and I've never heard them called anything besides the F-holes ... it's funny because, even through adolescence, I never considered the sexual connotation that can be placed on a name such as "F-hole" until a friend heard me talking about the F-hole on my cello and was like, "what?!"
whatever Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://goknitstuff.blogspot.com/

"You aren't just knitting.  You are assigning a value to human effort."
-Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
xfoxglove
« Reply #553 on: January 10, 2007 08:51:24 PM »

Wow, I love that idea.  I have a friend who plays the cello, but I don't think she's the tattoo type.  xD

Anyway, I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for me.  I want to get a tattoo where it looks like something is being embroidered into my skin.  Just a simple shape, like a heart or something.  And then to have the needle and thread on there, too.  I'm still trying to decide on the shape and then where I'd want it.

I've always wanted a tattoo on my foot, but I don't know if it'd look good.  Since most of the nice tattoos I've seen on feet kind of wrap around, like Katie's beautiful grape tattoo, or are really tiny.  And my idea might look better flat, like on my back or something.  Anyway, I'm 18 now, so I'm really considering it.  My mom likes the idea, but doesn't know about where either.  I'd love a few craftster opinions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace.com/xfoxglove
katies1969

View Profile WWW
« Reply #554 on: January 11, 2007 10:31:20 AM »

xfoxglove, What a beautiful idea AND it mixes in that you are a craftster!  I would say for your first tattoo something small like that is a good idea.  I have a whole bunch that I really don't see on a daily basis and regret that since I love to see them so the one on my foot is especially special to me since I get to see it often and it's so big and colorful!  As far as where to put it - I'd say go with what you're comfortable with - visable to the average public or not - and then talk to your artist.  It's incredible what a good artist can do as far as making things look real and they will tell you what a good spot for it may be and then go for it!  But be warned though - tattoos are very addictive!  Have fun! Katie 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is pain, Your Highness,  anyone who tells you different is selling something."

Nuhbe
« Reply #555 on: January 14, 2007 09:19:29 AM »

Thanks people! Person who tended me was really crude,he treated me wrong  but, I think he had a bad day because the fact is this tattoo studio  is well-known and they have a large waiting list.
I think I won't have any problem with tattoo artist and he will be pleased to make my design at neck... by the way.. I DIDN'T SHOW YOU MY IDEA! Look... what do you think??

shamelesslyahippie I love your idea, it's awesome!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shelichan

Fashion designer for hire in NYC!

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 14, 2007 11:32:49 AM »

Right now I have an amazing tattoo that I got done by Sam at Immortal Ink in Clinton, NJ. It came out amazing, just what I wished for. But I was stupid before I had it done. I never once looked at the artists work. I just walked in to make an appointment, he was there, so I made it with him. It really could have come out bad so Im really lucky (as Ive seen some bad stuff come out of there), and in the future will learn more before hand! I got this the day after my 18th birthday. I went with mah dad, and it was $340, and took about 3 hours. It is a design by  http://darkratkingx.deviantart.com/ and I love it!

For my second tattoo, Im getting another piece by him. Im going to get this design tattooed on my foot I think! My dad told me I could get another tat if I get into my dream school (which Im working SO hard on getting into), and hell even pay for it (he paid for the first one, totally surprised me).

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/1496274/

I really cant wait, and I want the same artist to do it, if he still works there. Im terrified of getting it on my foot, but it will be worth it. There are tats I want so much more, but theyre all in visable places such as my neck, wrist, or ankle... and my dad would have a heart attack if I did that. So I figure I better make him happy as long as hes paying for my college. :x Tho... when I get into my school, Im getting my lip pierced and hell KILL me for that. Too bad. :X
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Childrenswear & womenswear designer for hire in NYC!
pd8151
« Reply #557 on: January 14, 2007 11:38:35 AM »

Here's my husbands' rough sketch of my next tattoo.  It represents my kids and my love of motherhood/ birth.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Christina

Check out my blog here:
http://variform-christina.blogspot.com/
spolowitz

Wiggidy Wack?....No just regular type

View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 14, 2007 03:07:45 PM »

I love the colors and the idea , really creative . Quite a big step for you first tattoo as well lol props !

here tattoos are so much cheaper it's wonnnderful. Something that large around here would most likely be at most 150.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

katies1969

View Profile WWW
« Reply #559 on: January 14, 2007 05:01:14 PM »

I love the colors and the idea , really creative . Quite a big step for you first tattoo as well lol props !

here tattoos are so much cheaper it's wonnnderful. Something that large around here would most likely be at most 150.
Where you at?  Seriously here tattoo artists make about $100 an hour and if they're really in demand more so.  They set they're own hours and for the most part are some of the most amazing people to talk to.  Usually laid back and cool although some can get full of themselves and tend more toward the prima donna sort . . .

The motherhood/birth tattoo idea is beautiful - I am tentatively setting up my ideas for my sleeve.  I know it's going to cost a fortune and hurt a lot but since I'm almost 40 and have really decided for myself what I like and don't like and if you don't like me because I have tattoos on my body well then that's you're issue NOT mine!  Job wise - I mean seriously -  I can cover what's really out there and ankles are not that big a deal these days. 

I say if you love it and it's what you want DO IT!!  I have lived this long and really my only regrets are the things I didn't do.   Peace - Katie 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Extreme Website Makeover - Setting Up the HTML File for Export
Extreme Website Makeover - Renaming the Slices
Extreme Website Makeover - Adding More Slices to the Web Page
Extreme Website Makeover - Exporting from Fireworks into Dreamweaver®
Extreme Website Makeover - Making Slices with the Selection Tool
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...