A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 306,352
Currently Running With Scissors:
513 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Come one come all post your new tattoo IDEAS!  (Read 305970 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BambiKhantastic
Craftster's Resident Tattoo Artist

Taloola Rocks my World!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #440 on: August 01, 2006 09:02:24 PM »

BuzyBee: that's a beautiful picture. The artists are right: It will also have to be Enormous to do it justice. Take the plunge! bigger is better!!

Dirt made my lunch: I use all vegan inks (people always think it's funny when I tell them that) So if that's what's holding you back, you just have to talk to some artists, to see what pigments they use. Cheesy

Sapphire: I'm a purist, and think words belong in banners. Smiley But of the options, I'd go with something that curves...is nice and fluid...Rather depends on where you're putting it, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sapphire_distortion
« Reply #441 on: August 01, 2006 10:35:21 PM »

I love your tat idea...I took some liberties with your layout just to get another perspective.  I like the angle that you drew the heart at...it's cool.
-Day  Grin

I like it curved like that...thanks Cheesy I dunno about the colors, 'cause I don't know if I actually want it in purple. it was just the closest pen I had. I was thinking maybe red, but I heard that red is the color that has the most allergic reactions, and since I have metal allergies I was planning on avoiding it for the most part.

bambi - I actually don't really like banners all that much, haha...sorry! Tongue and I'm thinking it'll be on the outside of my right calf area. seems like the design would fit well there, and I have plans for most other spots I'd consider. can't wait for my eighteenth birthday(a little less than two months Smiley Smiley Smiley ), I'm getting my first tattoo that day, yaaaay! actually, while we're on the topic, this is what I'd like to get for my first tattoo (modified, but this is the general idea...I just want Isis, not any of the background stuff, and probably in a different color scheme). what would be the smallest I could get it and still have most of the detail?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Decline Designs - the blog
BambiKhantastic

Taloola Rocks my World!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #442 on: August 02, 2006 02:54:30 PM »

Isis would have to be pretty big to get all that feathering and cross-hatching in there. As you grow, the lines grow and bleed with you, and if the tattoo is too small and intricate, it gets muddy as you get older.

Your two options are: Smaller, but simplified, or Larger and more detailed.

If you're getting that design on, say, your back, It'll take up most of your lower back, or if it's on your shoulders, it'll span the breadth. But that is a design that could be easily simplified, enhanced with colour(instead of the crosshatching) With some tweaking, you could make it many sizes.

Find a shop you like, bring in the drawing, leave a deposit, get a receipt, and check back and see what they've done with it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sapphire_distortion
« Reply #443 on: August 02, 2006 05:23:56 PM »

Isis would have to be pretty big to get all that feathering and cross-hatching in there. As you grow, the lines grow and bleed with you, and if the tattoo is too small and intricate, it gets muddy as you get older.

Your two options are: Smaller, but simplified, or Larger and more detailed.

If you're getting that design on, say, your back, It'll take up most of your lower back, or if it's on your shoulders, it'll span the breadth. But that is a design that could be easily simplified, enhanced with colour(instead of the crosshatching) With some tweaking, you could make it many sizes.

Find a shop you like, bring in the drawing, leave a deposit, get a receipt, and check back and see what they've done with it!

Yeah, I don't want all of the cross-hatching. I think what I want to do with the image is have the same basic outline but stylised...the feathers outlined in black and then filled in with blue and purple, if that would be doable. I want her dress a different color as well (haven't decided what yet). I'm thinking I want it about 3"x5 1/2" or so. I still want the ankh and swirl in her hands though, and a line of hieroglyphs along the bottom. I think I should be able to get as much detail as I want with that size. I don't want it on my lower back, though, I want it wrapping around from the side of my hip to my back, I don't know if that'd complicate things or anything. anyways thanks for the help everyone Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BambiKhantastic

Taloola Rocks my World!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #444 on: August 02, 2006 07:17:56 PM »

Very cool....That hip stuf'll sting like hell, but it will look AWESOME. If you're willing to work with the image and the artist, I'm sure you won't have a problem. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gwenluvy
« Reply #445 on: August 04, 2006 06:14:11 AM »

I want it wrapping around from the side of my hip to my back

that's kind of an odd spot for that tattoo. do you mean you want the body centered on your side hip with the wings stretching to your stomach and back, or the wing tip on your side hip and it extending around? either placement is going to be awkward- the design is so long that it won't really flow with that part of the body, plus it kind of ruins the blank canvas of both your back and your stomach (assuming the first placement), so you will have a really hard time working it into a larger piece later on unless of course you get an egyptian themed bodysuit. If you want it on your side, how about up and down your ribs? I think the place it would fit best is across your shoulders, or if you want it small, the back of your neck (not the neck itself, but the back, just below your neck).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
bigD
« Reply #446 on: August 04, 2006 06:35:37 AM »

I want it wrapping around from the side of my hip to my back

that's kind of an odd spot for that tattoo.

I have to agree - you figure that your belly and your back are two differently-shaped planes.  So no matter what, the two 'wings' won't match each other.  Unless I'm misreading your description (and if so, I apologize). 

And not that you're looking for suggestions, but if you put it on your lower back, the tips of the wings would wrap themselves around to the sides/front of your hips - and that would be HOT.

As for new tattoo ideas, when I was pregnant we didn't tell anyone the name we'd picked out, so my 6-year-old nephew started calling him "the Peep" (a la Marshmallow Peeps), and the nickname has stuck.  So my next tattoo will be my son's name (Alistair), and a little duckling. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cheers, Big Ears
sapphire_distortion
« Reply #447 on: August 04, 2006 12:26:12 PM »

I don't know of a way to put it, but I want one wingtip starting at my hipbone and then the rest of the design wrapping around my back. I don't want it on my lower back because...well, I just don't really like the idea (plus I've got back-dimples that might mess things up), and I definitely don't want it big enough to be going across my entire back, that would be HUGE. I've already got design plans for across the top of my shoulders too. I'm not planning on putting any other tattoos by it or trying to work it into anything else, and I don't want any other stomach or back tattoos (aside from one on the other hip and the aforementioned shoulder tat). And I definitely don't want it vertical. thanks for the suggestions though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BambiKhantastic

Taloola Rocks my World!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #448 on: August 05, 2006 02:53:16 PM »

Wait...now I'm confused. Honey, if you start it at your hip, and wrap it around your back, that IS your lower back. Or your ass. Unless it's at an angle?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sapphire_distortion
« Reply #449 on: August 05, 2006 09:15:02 PM »

Wait...now I'm confused. Honey, if you start it at your hip, and wrap it around your back, that IS your lower back. Or your ass. Unless it's at an angle?

(sorry in advance if this post comes off as cranky, I worked open to close today and feel like someone ran me over with a meat grinder)

I dunno if I have abnormally wide hips or what, but I measured it out, and starting at the front of my hip, by the bone, it should just barely reach on to the left side of my lower back by like, half an inch. or what I consider my back anyways. I'm not sure if I'm explaining this right, maybe I'll just take a picture of the spot later if it would make things easier >_<
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kerry Washington’s Cover Photo Shoot for Vanity Fair’s August 2013 Issue
3 Key Layering Tricks You Need This Fall
Back-to-School Saturday Haul with Cait Barker
The Latest Leather and Patent Items from The Highstreet
Jeanius - Jorden Bickham on Denim
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...