A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote for your favorite Bottle It Up project now! Smiley
Total Members: 302,529
Currently Running With Scissors:
455 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Come one come all post your new tattoo IDEAS!  (Read 314700 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1040 on: May 12, 2008 07:30:24 AM »

ok, could one of you guys help us? My SO wants to get a tat... hes not a tat or piercing kind of guy... hes a warcraft nerdy sort of guy (no offence meant to WOW users, but he hated when I used to get re-pierced) so I was a wee bit worried when he decided he wanted a tat of the wings from Gabriel (the movie). They go from the neck down to the tailbone if I remember correctly.
Now SO, has NEVER had a piercing before so Im really a bit hesitant about taking him in for a tat this huge (imagine if he couldnt get it finished! if the pain go ttoo much!!) so could someone help me by designing/finding a style like that but smaller... like male hand sized, Ive been searching for 3 weeks now all all I do is find ones I want  Smiley or not the style he likes, hes also mentioned that the priest logo dodah from WOW is the sort of thing he wants, less all the fuss around it.
Thankyou in advance
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
bittersweet_symphony

geek is the new chic

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1041 on: May 24, 2008 01:19:06 PM »

...hes also mentioned that the priest logo dodah from WOW is the sort of thing he wants, less all the fuss around it.
Bubblegum_phoenix, I could probably help you out with this-- no one would ever guess this when meeting me, but I'm a closet gamer! My brother got me into WoW years ago, and I still play from time to time. I'll post back here or send you a PM if I find something that might be useful  Smiley

Here's my coming-soon tattoo! I want to get it on top of my right foot, very small (about 3/4 of an inch) just beneath my right baby toe.

And yes, it is from Heroes! I'm not a crazy Heroes fan, though-- I love the simplicity of the symbol and the meaning: God sending great ability-- I can underestimate myself at times despite my better judgement, and the symbol would be a gentle reminder  Smiley

« Last Edit: May 24, 2008 01:46:14 PM by bittersweet_symphony » THIS ROCKS   Logged

imjusmee
« Reply #1042 on: May 29, 2008 02:57:57 PM »

i have an idea for my next tattoo and i was hoping for some input.

i want a 'new school esq' colored hour glass on my side like under my armpit on my ribs.

the reason being that time is the essence of life..basically...

and another reason my fiance is in the marines for another 3.5 years and will be in iraq soon, and i just wanted to represent that in time we will be together..

sound like a good idea? any other ideas maybe representing time would be appreciated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

promise yourself to be strong that nothing can disturb your <b>peace</b> of mind.
Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

« Reply #1043 on: June 05, 2008 07:48:03 AM »

This is what I'm thinking about getting soon.

It was my favorite book as a little kid, I love dogs, and strawberries have a special significance to me.

It probably won't have the green background, and I'll want more of an outline like the cover illustration.

I think I want it on the front of my right shoulder, above the breast, but far enough off to the side that a normal v-neck top would cover it but a really open neckline wouldn't.

Does anyone have experience with white ink? Would it even be worth it to get the white ink, or since I am very fair skinned, should I just leave the white part of the puppy my skin tone? If it would look bad in color, I could always get the puppy done in black & gray and just have the strawberry red. Suggestions welcome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
unmadehearts

unmade hearts and broken beds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1044 on: June 05, 2008 08:02:55 AM »

both of my tattoo artists dont recommend getting white ink in large areas unless you want the final outcome to have a yellowish tint. The white stays true for the first couple months but then eventually changes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #1045 on: June 05, 2008 01:16:08 PM »

dang, I was wondering that too about the white ink. One of my friends from college had a flower on her foot that was white and I think it was at least a few years old, and it didn't look bad to me. A little tiny faded like all tats get, but still good. That's the only time I've seen a mostly-white tat so I don't really know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
imjusmee
« Reply #1046 on: June 05, 2008 04:36:32 PM »

white tattoos generally turn yellowish tan and like this murky looking color. whites good for highlights and accents but not for a full peice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

promise yourself to be strong that nothing can disturb your <b>peace</b> of mind.
thekster
« Reply #1047 on: June 05, 2008 06:04:33 PM »

I wonder if that has anything with the amount of sunlight the tattoo gets. Hmmmm off to go investigate.
From what I've quickly found - solid white tattoos react differently to different skin types. Most skin types are known to reject white ink, but fair skinned people supposedly hold it better. They say if you tan easily or are in the sun a lot to stay away from white ink tats as they will fade easily/quickly.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2008 06:11:38 PM by thekster » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

« Reply #1048 on: June 06, 2008 06:48:07 AM »

Interesting. I am very fair and the tat would be in a place that doesn't get much sun. I actually can't tan; I burn and then turn white again. The curse of the redhead. I will talk to the artist about it and maybe go with the black outline and gray shading instead of color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
thekster
« Reply #1049 on: June 06, 2008 07:25:51 AM »

Haha same here, except I'm not a redhead. I don't know if I want a mainly white tattoo anymore after looking at some of the pictures. I'm nervous that mine wouldn't take and these stupid foot tattoos hurt like hell.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style a Glam Holiday Hairdo
Opt for a Tuxedo as an Alternative to the LBD
How to Get a Kendall Jenner Inspired Look
How to Dress Like Blair Waldorf
DIY Pretty Bow Sweater
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Mashed Chickpea Salad Sammy
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...