A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,166
Currently Running With Scissors:
580 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Come one come all post your new tattoo IDEAS!  (Read 305822 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1030 on: March 19, 2008 04:18:48 PM »

the only names i will get are my dad's and my dog's (that love just dont die)

i am getting symbols for my husband though, and even if we get divorced, i will have a memory of him...i am a firm believer in getting tattoos today for future memory sake. all of my tattoos (3) remind me of a time in my life...

the *symbols* are a Miami DOlphins Helmet with mickey ears hanging off (old school vintage ears)...right over my heart..he is getting the exact same thing...our other option is to get a Mickey Icon in Dolphin colors...something that represents our 2 greatest passions combined...

and since i am already posting...one of my calves is going to have a symbol for each of my family members and the other will have a collage of images relating to DIsney destinations that i have traveled to...leaving room for all the ones i want to travel to.

i toy with getting my left wrist done, but i would imagine it hurts like hell, so i am scared...but if i do, it is going to be a bracelet that has a celtic knot resting in the middle
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

« Reply #1031 on: March 19, 2008 06:18:52 PM »

There's a cute article in Bark magazine this month about dog memorial tattoos.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #1032 on: March 20, 2008 05:28:02 AM »

katie: Hm.. well I'm an optimist, and I figure if you marry the guy, it's okay to have his name somewhere on you. And it IS a super cute idea - and then again, it's not just HIS name, it would also YOUR name (if you do take it), so it's not like it's something that would be forgotten. And hey, if you did get divorced & remarried, I think it would be kind of quirky-cool to get the first name crossed out (in tattoo form) and the new last name underneath!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

« Reply #1033 on: March 20, 2008 05:32:01 AM »

Cheesy! Not sure how husband #2 would like that! Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
krazykt1286
« Reply #1034 on: March 21, 2008 12:07:20 PM »

psyche, that would be HILARIOUS. i mean, yeah, i agree w/ batgirl that husband #2 might not exactly like it, but that would be kinda cool...and i mean, if i was getting remarried, husband #2 would need to understand that there was someone before him but it didnt work for whatever reason and he's the new #1......ok, way too hypothetical and weird. lol but yeah, i tend to be an optimist too, so i'd probly end up doing it...i'll just see how it feels in the future, i just think it's a cute idea.... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

« Reply #1035 on: March 24, 2008 05:03:20 PM »

Okay, so now for my planning!

I currently have the Japanese kanji for "fly" on the back of my left shoulder... I don't have a picture of it, but here's a picture of the symbol itself that I found on the internet (mine's black though!).

So I'm planning to get the phrase "ad astra" on the back of my right shoulder, which means "to the stars" (in Latin). And around them both... or maybe all across the top of my back? I'd like some swirls similar to the sky in Van Gogh's Starry Night,  and maybe a couple stars as well.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to make the two terms in two entirely different languages look like they fit together? And should I do swirls/stars just around the phrases, or across the whole top of my back?

Ooh. And note: this tattoo will remain like this for at least a few years, but it's possible it may turn into a full back tattoo at some point... (with this part as the sky in a night scene with a pirate ship, octopus, etc...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thekster
« Reply #1036 on: March 25, 2008 08:09:58 PM »

After I got my first (and only, so far) tattoo, I said I would never get another one cuz it hurt. Noowwww, I want to get another one on the other foot. (My first tattoo - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=163401.msg2429927#msg2429927) I love lilies, and even named my baby kitten Lily. At work the other day, I saw a book where the author had celebrities draw flowers which was supposed to reveal soemthing about their personality or some crap, but anyways, Martin Scorsese drew a really pretty picture of two lilies with what looks like blood dripping down. I cropped it to what I'd like - I might want different colors but I think that looks really pretty too. I can't wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
Rakuette
i make pottery!

i <3 midtown

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1037 on: March 30, 2008 01:48:55 PM »

hey tatted craftsters. i posted way back on page 16 about an xavier roberts tattoo on me bum. i still want that one, and actually went to get it, but they wanted way too much money. 

i have since gotten 2 nautical stars, one on each shoulder and rancid (my fav band since i could turn the radio on) between my shoulders.  i'll post pics soon.

the memphis tigers basketball team just beat the snot out of texas, so off to celebrate!!!  Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

personal blog- http://rakuette.blogspot.com/
my stuff for sale- http://Rakuette.etsy.com
365 craft- http://365craft.blogspot.com
365 clay- http://365clay.blogspot.com

i would like to be a swap angel
a) it's a good thing to do
b) i have 5 swaps from 3 years ago that i
would like to make up
*knitasaurous

OMG.A giant sheet of styrofoam is going to eat me!

View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: May 02, 2008 10:57:02 PM »

Do you guys think that putting a possiblity of a tat on yourself in henna or something is a decent idea? To make sure that you're sure you want it there for a damn long time? See, I wouldn't be able to actually get a tat for some time, thanks to still being a minor, but I desperately want a nautical star on the top of my shoulder, where the joint of my shoulder is. I was thinking that if I did it with henna a couple of times, I'd get used to it being there and be sure that was what I wanted. I have the luck of having a cousin who has lots of ink, including stars on her feet and a sanskrit prayer that matches one on our grandfather, so I'd talk to her about actually getting the thing, even though my mum would hate it. My dad, on the other hand, is talking about getting one on his fiftieth birthday so he won't regret it when he turns fifty, like your mother always told you (You'll hate it when you're fifty!). I'm not super squeamish about needles, thanks to having one broken off and removed from my hand when I was in the third grade and stabbing my self accidentally in my crafty escapades, but I'll probably do the henna anyway, since I'm really paranoid I'll hate anything I do to myself. This is kinda negated by the part where I got freestyle henna done on my hand about a month ago, and it still hasn't gone away, and I both still like it and forget it's there, ha.
So, yeah, my tat idea is to stick a medium sized nautical star in black and purple on top of my shoulder. I got the idea from Project Runway, where Jack from season four has star outlines on his elbows, so the placement would be like that, only on my shoulder instead of the elbow. I always thought I'd get one on either my shoulder blade or the inside of my wrist, but I wouldn't be able to see it on my back and I write all over my wrists because the ink washes off my hands...My homework is currently written there...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bad podcaster, no cookie!

knitasaurous= the knitting dinosaur that will eat you for calling it a grandma
pink zebra
« Reply #1039 on: May 05, 2008 05:52:54 PM »

i suppose this is a good idea but then you cant do very exact, nor shaded, nor multicolored designs with henna. so it won't be anywhere near your original idea.
if you are not 100 percent sure about what you want and where just wait for another few months (or how long it takes).
if it's just about the idea of having a "stain" on your body i woulndt worry too much if it is on your back. you won't see it very often anyway unless you look for it. Smiley
also make sure the henna is completely faded and no residues left before you go to get real ink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
3 Awesome Coat Trends to Buy Right Now
The Right Way to Wear Knee-High Boots
How to Choose the Perfect Undergarments for Your Wardrobe
The Only Way to Wear an Oversized Sweater
3 Ways to Wear 60s Shift Dresses
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...