A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,091
Currently Running With Scissors:
613 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Come one come all post your new tattoo IDEAS!  (Read 312867 times)
Tags for this thread: tattoo_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

_ashleymarie
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2005 04:49:01 PM »

I was thinking about getting a pulmeria flower tattooed on my shoulder.  Im not sure why i want it but for some reason i am drawn to this flower, its breathtaking.

although, i would like the flower's colors to be different such as http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/lickablextc/kok-036x.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
afallows
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2005 12:51:31 AM »

the pulmeria flower is gorgeous.... that'll be beautiful...

moonunit-- that sounds like a beautiful design as well... can't wait to see it!

I want to start out simply with my first one-- my middle name is Muse, amusingly enough and so wanted to get that done on my back. Still not sure what to do around it-- i've been tossing around maybe 5 various designs, ranging from simple lines to incorporating various kinds of wildlife, but hopefully I'll stop waffling soon. We shall see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"She behaves as if she were beautiful. Most American women do. It is the secret of their charm."
--Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray
Lola Caracola
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2005 01:09:16 AM »

Hi everyone!
I wuld like to give my tattoo a "redo" (?), but I don't know which design would "match". I like Flowers, I love the goldfish and things like that, but I don't have any idea how to combine somethng like that with my stupid old tattoo. (Which I actually do like but I feel unhappy with it because it's not "me" anymore)

So would anybody have an idea how to pimp my tattoo?

Thank you and sorry for my English Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lola Caracola
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2005 01:10:13 AM »

Hi everyone!
I wuld like to give my tattoo a "redo" (?), but I don't know which design would "match". I like Flowers, I love the goldfish and things like that, but I don't have any idea how to combine somethng like that with my stupid old tattoo. (Which I actually do like but I feel unhappy with it because it's not "me" anymore)

So would anybody have an idea how to pimp my tattoo?

Thank you and sorry for my English Undecided

Edit: here's the pic:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
moonunit55

If Nadia can knit, so can you!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2005 11:01:16 AM »

Lola- I know you probably don't want to hear this but I think your tattoo is really beautiful as is.

But if its not your style, you have every right to change it. I would go with more linework that was not explicitly tribal but in a flowing, maybe almost asian style.  Maybe pay a visit to a good tattoo artist who has a little time to look at it and whose work you love and they can help you come up with something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pajama_mama1
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2005 11:35:49 AM »

Awful picture taken last week right after I got it.  I just grabbed my camera to attempt to take a better shot, battery exhausted.  Grabbed the back-up & it is dead too.  Rotten luck!  Anyway, the star is black & a color somewhere between magenta & burgundy, got one on each of my luv handles.
alicia

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lola Caracola
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2005 07:09:34 AM »

I went to the Tattoo Artist today. I'm going to have a complete coverup of my tattoo. It's going to be with Fishes (Goldfish/Fantail Fishes) on the lower part, green leafs (water plants somehow) in the middle and water lilies on top. I have an appointment on august 18 and I'll get a sketch 4 weeks earlier so we can still change things if I want to. I'm so happy Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sourpickles
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2005 01:24:24 PM »

I don't have any tattoos as of yet, but want to go in a few weeks to get one.  I've been fiddling around with designs for a while now, and think I have narrowed it down to either a small stylized peacock feather between my shoulder blades or a Mexican loteria card (either the siren or cupid one - probably the siren, though) like the one seen here: http://www.zonezero.com/exposiciones/fotografos/loteria/images2.html.  My tattoo would have no colour, though and it would either be inbetween my shoulder blades or on one of my shoulders.  Whatchya think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
juliel85
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Serial Crafter

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2005 08:21:33 PM »

Vampire, is that a lotus flower?  I've been toying with the idea of tattooing for sometime now, but haven't had the balls to get one yet. 

What I did decide, however, is that if I'm going to get one it will be right before I graduate from college, and it will be a very small blue lotus flower.  In Buddhism, the partially open blue lotus represents the victory of spirit over the senses and knowledge and wisdom.  I can't decide where to get it, but I know it will be very small.  I'm thinking perhaps on my lower right hip.

That is a picture of a necklace I own that I want to base the tattoo off of.  It would be very simple, filled in/shaded with blue.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2005 08:35:59 PM by juliel85 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
madamedefarge
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2005 08:57:10 PM »

I'm too chicken to actually get a tattoo, but here are two of my ideas:

Violin lines like in Man Ray's Violin of Ingres:
http://www.madsci.org/~lynn/juju/surr/images/duchamp/ingres.jpg

And no picture for this one, but the "charolastra" tattoo from the movie Y Tu Mam Tambin...its a little lightning bolt that both the main characters have tattooed on their right shoulders.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
VF NEWS: Felder Felder Spring/Summer 2015 - London Fashion Week
Japanese Women Shaving Faces Shocker!
Beauty Report: My Favourite Eyeliners
Hollywood Beauty Secrets Availabe at Your Drugstore
Skincare for Your Wedding Day
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Lamp Transformation
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...