A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,183
Currently Running With Scissors:
383 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Come one come all post your new tattoo IDEAS!  (Read 298050 times)
Tags for this thread: spy1_vs_spy2  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mycatisnosferatu
« on: April 03, 2005 11:54:16 AM »

I was thinking about getting a tattoo on my ankle of the fantail fish in my pond.  (Because I have conquered my fear of fish)  I wanted to take a picture of it, but I couldnt find a way to photograph it. Huh  The only way I could think of was to pick it up, but then its pretty fins just laid flat and you couldnt see them so I found fantail pic to show the tattooist. If any of you have a better idea let me know!
Here are the two pictures:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vampirebunny
Fashion student *sniggers* The fashion!

I miss hair.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005 12:44:21 PM »

You should probably have a go at drawing it yourself first or getting someone you trust to draw it unless you want it photo realistic like. I've been designing the one I plan to get in a few years -

And here it is on random woman, I was too lazy for hands and feet but there's another flower on the foot the leaves are headed for-

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm up for personal swaps if you are Wink
DaniFae
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005 06:07:32 AM »

Just an idea, but what if you took some pond water and put it in some sort of clear container big enough for your fish, caught the fishy, put it in the container, and snapped a picture? I think it'd work as long as the pond water was fairly clear.

Also, it's part of the tattoo artist's job to help you with your design, so if you took them a picture, and explained what you wanted, they should be able to draw it up for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005 06:41:37 AM »

ooh this is a fun thread....I'll have to find some of my drawings. Vampire...I love your idea...for reals, it's awesome Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
vampirebunny

I miss hair.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005 08:26:42 AM »

Thanks littleone Smiley And I agree with getting the tattooist to help design it but it's probably safest to get them to do that then taske it home to mull over for a bit - they are permanant. Of course it could just be I think this because i'm a big scaredy cat and I have to wait about 2 years until I can get mine done - not that i'll be able to afford it all *le sigh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StinkerbelleRock
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005 10:27:29 AM »

I'm thinking of getting my husband's band's logo on the underside of my arm.
You can see it here..... http://killthefall.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vampirebunny

I miss hair.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005 10:32:02 AM »

Very funky, plus great advertising Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mycatisnosferatu
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2005 08:14:27 AM »

The thing about trying to take its picture in water is that it swims
THIS ROCKS   Logged
opiate_rose
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2005 01:12:25 PM »

I'm thinking of a treble clef with stars weaving through it for my next one, I'm waiting for my friend Joe to get through college graduation so he can do the artwork for me.  And then after that I want some sort of craft related one, either a vintage singer sewing machine or something related to knitting, or both, we'll see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

moonunit55

If Nadia can knit, so can you!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2005 01:55:29 PM »

I have been sitting on two ideas for a really long time and I finally paid a visit to my tattoo artist in Rochester who is going to design and execute my backpiece in the fall when I am back next and then work on it on subsequent visits.

The backpiece will begin about an couple inches below a normal shirt neckline and continue down to about my bra-line. It will stretch from shoulder blade to shoulder blade but not all the way across my back. It will be two koi, one a more yellowey orange and the other a more reddish orange, with two waterliles, one pink, one purple and tons of beautiful undulating waves in blues/greens/turqoise etc. for a background. The style is pretty traditional so bold outlines and bright colors, not too realistic, but I want to preserve the detail, especially in the water so it while not "realistic" it won't be too overly stylized.

The second tattoo(s) I am getting June, it will be a pair of blue birds of happiness, the traditional sailor-type tattoo kind, one right above each hip bone, so right above the top of my underwear on my lower stomach. They will be flying angled in and down (like people have on their shoulder blades only on my lower belly) and I want the wings out to the sides but still pretty compact into the body. No pudgy headed birds either, I don't like the look if their heads are too pugdy, a little more streamlined looking birdies for me. The bodies will be blue with yellow bellies and I want them to each have a little background bit that looks like they are flying on flames. A little hard to describe but I have a good tattoo artist in mind and I can draw stick figures to illustrate my ideas.

If this thread goes as long as the other one I'll be able to post finished product pictures soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Have Hair Like Jessica Alba
Products for Your Hair Type
How to Straighten Afro Hair
How to Use Hair Straighteners
How to Create a Messy Knot
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...