A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
562 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: rose petal soaps  (Read 22542 times)
Tags for this thread: soap , rose_petal , essential_oil , food_coloring , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jessicakes

Callipygian means having shapely buttocks.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2004 10:49:58 AM »

I've never made soap before, but after reading this post, I just have to try it!! I, too, was wondering if the food dye would come off while in use? Is it better to use soap dye? Thanks for the inspiration, my mom will love it!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bambina
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2004 03:36:24 PM »

instead of going out and buying glycerin soap, can you just melt down a bar of dove non scented soap?
That wouldn't give a clear finished product, would it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vivianvlam
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2004 08:56:16 PM »

lol. i will have to do this project. this is gonna be my first soap making project. i love your idea about the glitter ladyy_x!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mimi_sita12
This is my lucky fin -wiggle wiggle-

[...Found Nemo!...]

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2004 09:13:43 AM »

i think im in LOVE!!! omg dat iz like da worldz grrrrr8est idea ever....i totally give you propz gurlfrend Wink o yes and why not just add like red kool aid to make it smell and look pretty lol
« Last Edit: October 16, 2004 09:26:12 AM by mimi_sita12 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just keep swimmin, swimmin, swimmin.
PixieSkull
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2004 02:03:19 PM »

That IS a great idea! I would love to bathe in rose petals for a less expensive price, and I'm sure my mum would as well. This would be a great project for Christmas gift bags Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
pixel_dust
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2004 01:17:51 AM »

Fabulous idea! I've done the rose petal thing with silk petals but this would be much easier and much less waste. For the person that asked about spoon size I can suggest buying some little pipettes, they would be about the perfect size and as for doing it in little batches so the soap doesn't harden.... try melting the M&P base in a crockpot then setting it to low heat while you work. It will cut down on your anxiety about finishing so quickly for sure!

And just FYI... melting down store-bought brand soap won't work. Rarely are store-bought soaps actually soap, they're mostly just detergents. Next time you go to the store and see if it has SOAP on the box. My guess is it won't... it will say cleansing bar or something similiar. Just so you know what's going on your body...

And to be perfectly honest M&P soap isn't soap either. It's a different kind of detergent with stuff added so it will lather like soap. That's why if you're selling M&P soap you have to label it "glycerine soap" - so people can tell the real deal from the fake stuff.

Depending on where you live and the FDA regulations, most REAL soap doesn't have to be labeled anything other than 'soap'.

Sorry to go off on a tangent here.... and I'm not belittling m&p over cp or hp... I do both and love them equally and differently.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amareluna
Saponification Expert

~It is we who make our destiny, not the stars~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2004 07:23:31 AM »

Thought I would post a pic of my 'soap petals' here. I use the flower petal-less method like this one and I love the results.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Saponifier For Serious Soap Makers! | Acts of Creativity My Blog
MunkiMomma
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2009 02:18:35 PM »

Shocked CoolTHIS IS DEFINITELY ON MY "TO~DO" LIST! Thanx for posting, I wasn't really thrilled with the thought of having to buy the premade petals, much less the glycerin dipped silk petals. I'll post pics as soon as I've poured and jarred 'em!!

MunkiMomma
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009 02:27:28 PM by MunkiMomma » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best Beauty Products for Sensitive Skin
Summer Pastels Makeup Tutorial
Summer Corals Makeup Tutorial
Weekend Summer Makeup Tutorial
3 Minute Summer Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...