A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
513 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: American Apparel Le Sac dress WITH TUTORIAL! [photo obese, 12 LARGE picutres]  (Read 53211 times)
Tags for this thread: party_dress , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jonaosk
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009 01:30:08 PM »

they look great... I'm definitely going to make one for myself.
thanks for posting Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annaloves
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2009 01:50:28 PM »

Can i ask what type of fabrics you used? I assumed you'd need stretch fabrics to make the dress, but yours appear woven and work just as well.

Can't wait to try it myself!

both of the fabrics i used were woven. one of them was really lightweight and had a small amount of stretch to it and the other one is more like something you would use for quilting. i think my mom made curtains out of it actually. the obnoxious flowery print one is the thicker material. i was going to use jersey, but all i had was really thickly striped blue/white fabric. i would get about three stripes out of it and i didnt think that would look good so i just used other fabric and it seemed to work just fine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rapunsul

crazy Dutch girl

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2009 02:33:40 PM »

Wow,
I don't think we have this in Holland yet, but it is really nice! I'm going to make one, thanks for the tute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
julip345
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009 05:20:36 PM »

I am super confused by the v spots on the dress. It is probably just me because I'm not really a pattern person. I get that you don't sew all the way up. I get that the ribbon still has to go through that area so you can't hem all the up the v spots. I'm assuming you have to hem the v sides, right? Anyways I don't get the sew up the 1/4 part and then it says to be careful or your dress would fall apart. I feel like maybe that is important. Smiley And I don't want to mess that up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ari-

[ n . g o o d b y e ] εз

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009 05:51:25 PM »

So awesome. I love all the different ways you can wear it!
Definitely have to bookmark this! haha there it goes, getting on my to-do list.. Really though, I want to make one.
Your dresses look great, thanks for the tutorial.Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annaloves
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009 09:14:33 PM »

I am super confused by the v spots on the dress. It is probably just me because I'm not really a pattern person. I get that you don't sew all the way up. I get that the ribbon still has to go through that area so you can't hem all the up the v spots. I'm assuming you have to hem the v sides, right? Anyways I don't get the sew up the 1/4 part and then it says to be careful or your dress would fall apart. I feel like maybe that is important. Smiley And I don't want to mess that up.

i think the part you are referring to is after you take out the basting? if so, then after its ironed, you already have it turned under 5/8" and i just sewed the part that i unbasted at 1/4" WITH backstitching to the little section i turned under, if that makes sense. if not i can take a picture of it if that would help
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Keena
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2009 12:09:58 AM »

i aint trying to take over, however here's a tutorial i made of it after i tried it on in the fitting room and did a quick rough sketch. i'm a size 26/28 (plus sized) so i wanna let the plus sized divas know that we can rock it too!! Wink

maybe my tut can help out a lil bit *shrugs*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

annaloves
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2009 05:14:58 AM »

yea, that's basically what i did, i just didn't scoop out the armpit part. i left mine straight so if i tie it in the front or back, it comes together and covers my boobage.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
geek_goddess
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2009 09:13:58 AM »

i aint trying to take over, however here's a tutorial i made of it after i tried it on in the fitting room and did a quick rough sketch...

Hey Keena, did you post this on fatshionista Grin? I swear I've seen it before.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pamcake1323
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2009 09:27:47 AM »

Ok so I made one last night .. thanks to your wonderful tut. =)
I had to take a break from unpacking... Couldn't take it any longer. I will post a pic when I find my camera  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Erase Tool in Flash CS3
How to Use the History Palette in Photoshop CS3
How to Use the Ink Bottle Tool in Flash CS3
How to Use the Paint Bucket Tool in Flash CS3
How to Use the Quick Selection Tool in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...