A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,739
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: American Apparel Le Sac dress WITH TUTORIAL! [photo obese, 12 LARGE picutres]  (Read 53528 times)
Tags for this thread: party_dress , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jonaosk
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2009 01:30:08 PM »

they look great... I'm definitely going to make one for myself.
thanks for posting Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annaloves
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2009 01:50:28 PM »

Can i ask what type of fabrics you used? I assumed you'd need stretch fabrics to make the dress, but yours appear woven and work just as well.

Can't wait to try it myself!

both of the fabrics i used were woven. one of them was really lightweight and had a small amount of stretch to it and the other one is more like something you would use for quilting. i think my mom made curtains out of it actually. the obnoxious flowery print one is the thicker material. i was going to use jersey, but all i had was really thickly striped blue/white fabric. i would get about three stripes out of it and i didnt think that would look good so i just used other fabric and it seemed to work just fine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rapunsul

crazy Dutch girl

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2009 02:33:40 PM »

Wow,
I don't think we have this in Holland yet, but it is really nice! I'm going to make one, thanks for the tute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
julip345
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009 05:20:36 PM »

I am super confused by the v spots on the dress. It is probably just me because I'm not really a pattern person. I get that you don't sew all the way up. I get that the ribbon still has to go through that area so you can't hem all the up the v spots. I'm assuming you have to hem the v sides, right? Anyways I don't get the sew up the 1/4 part and then it says to be careful or your dress would fall apart. I feel like maybe that is important. Smiley And I don't want to mess that up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ari-

[ n . g o o d b y e ] εз

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009 05:51:25 PM »

So awesome. I love all the different ways you can wear it!
Definitely have to bookmark this! haha there it goes, getting on my to-do list.. Really though, I want to make one.
Your dresses look great, thanks for the tutorial.Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annaloves
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009 09:14:33 PM »

I am super confused by the v spots on the dress. It is probably just me because I'm not really a pattern person. I get that you don't sew all the way up. I get that the ribbon still has to go through that area so you can't hem all the up the v spots. I'm assuming you have to hem the v sides, right? Anyways I don't get the sew up the 1/4 part and then it says to be careful or your dress would fall apart. I feel like maybe that is important. Smiley And I don't want to mess that up.

i think the part you are referring to is after you take out the basting? if so, then after its ironed, you already have it turned under 5/8" and i just sewed the part that i unbasted at 1/4" WITH backstitching to the little section i turned under, if that makes sense. if not i can take a picture of it if that would help
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Keena
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2009 12:09:58 AM »

i aint trying to take over, however here's a tutorial i made of it after i tried it on in the fitting room and did a quick rough sketch. i'm a size 26/28 (plus sized) so i wanna let the plus sized divas know that we can rock it too!! Wink

maybe my tut can help out a lil bit *shrugs*

THIS ROCKS   Logged

annaloves
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2009 05:14:58 AM »

yea, that's basically what i did, i just didn't scoop out the armpit part. i left mine straight so if i tie it in the front or back, it comes together and covers my boobage.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
geek_goddess
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2009 09:13:58 AM »

i aint trying to take over, however here's a tutorial i made of it after i tried it on in the fitting room and did a quick rough sketch...

Hey Keena, did you post this on fatshionista Grin? I swear I've seen it before.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pamcake1323
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2009 09:27:47 AM »

Ok so I made one last night .. thanks to your wonderful tut. =)
I had to take a break from unpacking... Couldn't take it any longer. I will post a pic when I find my camera  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Grilled Cheese Ice Cream Sandwiches
15-Minute Apricot Yogurt Parfaits
How to Make Nutella-Stuffed Cronut Holes
Get Your DQ Blizzard Fix Noon or Night With This Home Hack
Deep-Dish Plum-Almond Pie Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...