A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 301,622
Currently Running With Scissors:
444 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newbie Swap Round 11 (SIGNUPS June 1 - 15 or until FULL; SENDOUTS July 15th)  (Read 22010 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alorarox
« Reply #140 on: June 15, 2009 06:05:58 PM »

just signed up looking forward to the swap!!!!! alora Shocked Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Awesome , awsome , awesome

I'll swap for Jack Skellington items or crafts .......
Bonster4454
« Reply #141 on: June 15, 2009 08:28:14 PM »

Eek! I didn't realize we were suppose to post once every week before and during the swap. I hope I don't get bad feedback!

Everyone has been chatting about books, I like to read mystery and mild horror books. Although I hardly finish books because there's always something for me to do or that I would rather do. Like beading or playing on the computer. Has anyone played Shards of Dalaya? It's a computer based game, it's so much fun, I'm completely hooked. It's definitely dorky, but way fun!

I'm very excited to craft for my partner, I have so many different ideas. Speaking of partners how do we know who are partner is? Does anyone know if we'll receive a personal message from the swap moderator or ...?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
mandashell
« Reply #142 on: June 15, 2009 09:26:23 PM »

I'm not exactly sure what to say but, here it goes.

My name is Amanda and I'm 18 I just graduated high school last week. I got accepted to some schools but, I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I guess I should probably figure that out pretty soon. Eventually I want to have my own cute little cafe/store with craft classes and things for sale made by local crafters/artists. But that sort of thing takes $$$ so until then I  have to figure what to do with my life.

I think I'm a pretty creative person. I have a whole bunch of hobbies. Once I get tired of one I move to the next. It's a vicious cycle. My room is overflowing with crafty supplies. For as long as I remember I have been crafty. Way back when I was around 6 or 7 I'd make little bracelets and sell them at the place where my mom worked, it was quite the business.  Wink I have a love/hate relationship with my sewing machine. I love the end result of sewing something but the process not so much. I recently started sewing dresses, I made my prom dress this year and since then I have made another. My goal is to make enough clothing to last me a whole week. I also like to paint sometimes. My work is not amazing by anymeans but I think its decent. I enjoy film photography and I hope to soon have my own darkroom. Polymer clay is fun every once in awhile and so is crocheting.

My parents are both creative. My dad builds things and is always tinkering with things. My mom is crafty and is always making things. She's the mom who always makes the cute little party favors. I think I inhereted a lot of my craftyness from her.

I think I was born in the wrong era or something, maybe I was supposed to live in the 40s or 50s. I've been told that I'm an old soul- I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. I want to learn as many skills as I can, I want to have a go at bookbinding soon.

Well, I think that's enough about me, I'm excited for my first swap.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009 09:27:26 PM by mandashell » THIS ROCKS   Logged
islandmum

Craftster is my Happy Place

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2009 02:32:27 AM »

I am so anxious as well! I've already been to the craft shop twice and I don't even know what I'm looking for since I don't know who my partner is and her likes and dislikes!!! Exciting. I can't wait til tomorrow.

By the way polkadots... I don't have a very creative username (will have to maybe change it when we're done to something more fun) but I will make sure my crafts are creative!!

I spent 1 1/2 hrs in the craft store on the weekend, loitering, looking at fabrics and buttons and ribbons, wondering what my partner will be like. From reading the bios I think we're all fairly like minded. This is going to be sooo much fun. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2009 03:28:34 AM »

I'm very excited to craft for my partner, I have so many different ideas. Speaking of partners how do we know who are partner is? Does anyone know if we'll receive a personal message from the swap moderator or ...?

I'll post partners in the first post of the thread and also send you and your partner each others information.  Then you can chitchat through pm's and in the thread!  I'll be sending out partners before noon probably. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
schonwiedersamstag

"like a child dizzy on lemonade"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2009 04:28:21 AM »

My name is Amanda and I'm 18 I just graduated high school last week. I got accepted to some schools but, I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. I guess I should probably figure that out pretty soon. Eventually I want to have my own cute little cafe/store with craft classes and things for sale made by local crafters/artists. But that sort of thing takes $$$ so until then I  have to figure what to do with my life.

I know how you feel. My graduation is next week and I still have no idea what or where to study. It's kinda scary.
I like your idea though with opening your own cafe. The way you described it, it kinda reminded me of something we have here (don't know if you have that too). It's called "pottery art cafe" and you can go there and make some pottery while your drinking your coffee.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"O nein, schon wieder Samstag und eine lauwarme Sommernacht"
"Und die Mdchen glauben daran, dass im Rabauken verschollen
Ein Prinz nach Freiheit schreit den sie haben wollen "
mouseatethekitty
« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2009 06:02:28 AM »

I feel like such a dork because the first thing that I did when I woke up this morning was check to see if the info was up Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alexxxx
« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2009 06:08:13 AM »

I'm so antsy I just want my partner already so that I can hopefully spoil her with some awesome things that I am going to make her. I am ready to craft and make new friends, especially one who understand my craft obsession more, I don't have any crafty friends and i'm ready for some

Me too!! I'm just glad today is the last day for sign-ups. We've all been waiting for our partners. I can't wait to get started and meet someone who understands my craftiness too. 

Same here, my friends just don't get my whole obsession with craft, neither does my immediate family

crafty nerd with no friends to understand me too Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SevsOnlyGirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #148 on: June 16, 2009 07:29:08 AM »

Partners have been sent out and posted ont the first post!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
schonwiedersamstag

"like a child dizzy on lemonade"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: June 16, 2009 07:31:15 AM »

Yeay!
I'm already planning what I can make.
I did not know that I could get anymore excited about this swap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"O nein, schon wieder Samstag und eine lauwarme Sommernacht"
"Und die Mdchen glauben daran, dass im Rabauken verschollen
Ein Prinz nach Freiheit schreit den sie haben wollen "
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Watermelon Cranberry Sauce
The Inspiration Behind The Cookbooks, from Trisha Yearwood
How to Make No-Bake Macaroni and Cheese
Classic Gin Martini Recipe
The Perfect Recipe For Stuffing, From Trisha Yearwood
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...