A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 75
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 27 **Discussion Thread**  (Read 32649 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #400 on: June 12, 2009 06:59:24 AM »

Yay! I'm so happy it worked well for you, kitschkween!   I was a bit worried with the oils, too, but they are both really, really light base oils and tea tree helps clean EVERYTHING! (We have a shower stall in our bathroom upstairs and cleaning it can be a real pain sometimes.  I used tea tree oil + baking soda, let it sit for a couple of minutes and it was like brand new!)

All the recipes I'm using come from this really fantastic book of organic body recipes.  The author is a licensed esthetician, a herbalist and aromatherapy expect--everything I've ever made from there has been really great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oneredboot
« Reply #401 on: June 12, 2009 07:09:52 AM »

Does anyone want pretty cotton scarves for summer?  I'm kinda obsessed with crocheting some right now...

Me, me!!  please! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mullerslanefarm
www.mullerslanefarm.com

Fiber Enabler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #402 on: June 12, 2009 07:29:19 AM »

Lucky duck!  Have fun TwiztidBlood!  Psst...  Come back with more fiber goodies for us to drool over Wink

I concur
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cyndi

http://www.mullerslanefarm.com
Our Lessons in Homesteading
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #403 on: June 12, 2009 07:32:06 AM »

Lucky duck!  Have fun TwiztidBlood!  Psst...  Come back with more fiber goodies for us to drool over Wink

I concur

LOL!  I had no doubt you would Wink 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
LaughingLark
« Reply #404 on: June 12, 2009 07:49:11 AM »

Trying to catch up. Cheesy

Crumpet and Superhooker, I'm sorry about your hubby's jobs. Hope something better turns up quickly.

My hubby's hours have been cut a lot rather suddenly, but it's more of a natural cycle where he works, and we knew it would probably happen, just not when, and it's temporary. He normally works so much we hardly get to see each other. So I suddenly find myself both trying to find ways to save money, to raise money so I can buy my crafty addictions on my own dime, and do a bunch of research on cheap road trip possibilities. We may leave for somewhere as early as this weekend.

Since I knew this budget drop was coming, I signed up over at Amazon Mechanical Turk, where you can take on teeny little micro-jobs for ridiculously low pay, but it can be fun if you think of it as a game rather that a means to make a living (it's not). I've raised $12.22 in 3 days doing little tasks in my spare time. I'm just looking for the cash to buy some used craft books off of marketplace, or if I don't lose patience with it I might get enough cash to order a new craft book or two with free shipping. Friday is not a good day for turker work, but earlier in the week it was better, with more jobs.

I hope I can get my shop re-loaded today at last.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewknitter

have needles will sew, knit, crochet, tat. . swap!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #405 on: June 12, 2009 08:02:15 AM »

crumpet, the sleeves of cotton t-shirts make wonderful loops for those looms.

crumpet, sorry this happened to you, glad hubby and you are so positive! Will be sending warm thoughts your way.

In addition, you can make your own loops from knit fabrics/old tees, etc. by making your own tubes --
1) cut the fabric the width of your loop
(if you have a 9" loom, cut 17" wide -- I estimate double the width of the loom, then minus one inch) and however long the shirt or fabric allows.

OH and don't forget, knit fabrics/tees stretch more in one direction than the other, so make test strips to figure out which direction's stretch you personally prefer.

2) BUTT the two sides together and zigzag loosely over the two sides. Say 8-10 stitches per inch or less. The idea is to join them enough to cut strips, but not enough to make a bulge.

3)Now cut 3/4 inch to 1inch wide strips from the tube to weave with.

You should have tons of loops this way!

Hey all!

Now that my swap IYP partners received, I can ask, would anyone want resin pendants with foreign stamps like these?

I have all kinds of themes, flowers, transportation, famous people, animals, cats, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cara4webshopping.com
knitting looms, embroidery machines, weaving,  knitting software~all discounted!

Shop My Swap  Shop 31
LaughingLark
« Reply #406 on: June 12, 2009 08:12:19 AM »

Sewknitter-- that is a great tip on the loom loops! I hate to buy the packages for Owen because half the loops are so tight that they wont go across the loom, and he gets frustrated with it. I will have tons of T-shirt scraps because I refashion T's for the boys, and I'm about to cut up some shirts, and there will be leftover jersey.  Cool

I love the pendant!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crumpet79

Never quite sure what I'm going to make next...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #407 on: June 12, 2009 09:08:59 AM »

Thanks for the loom tips mullerslane/sewknitter.  I also looked at the Crone-Findlay tutorial on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35BDmaLDE4o) on how to do it without loops which has been helpful. 

As for the husband's situation, we're fortunate that outside of the mortgage and my car, we have pretty much no debt right now so there's a little buffer there too.  He was funny this morning because he usually wakes up before me so I get to snooze my alarm clock 7 or 8 times.  I don't think that's going to fly anymore because I got the half-asleep look of death from him after snooze #4.   Cheesy

superhooker - I will keep my fingers crossed that your hubby also figures something out soon.  I hope he can find an option that doesn't involve being so far away! 

Laughinglark - I didn't know about that Amazon thing.  That's pretty interesting.  I'm a member on various survey sites that pay for you to take surveys.  It doesn't build up super fast but if I cashed in with all 4 of them right now it'd be an extra couple hundred bucks in my pocket.  If anybody's interested in some of the sites, let me know and I can send you referral links. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #408 on: June 12, 2009 09:19:26 AM »

superhooker - Sure, just let me know.  I pulled the customs off my shop, but feel free to claim.  After I reopen. Cheesy I plan to send some more out this weekend & spend down.  We have a great shop near me that has a bunch of batik.

Donniesgirl, if you ever feel up to making another drawstring batik skirt, let me know!  that sounds awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

donniesgirl
« Reply #409 on: June 12, 2009 09:21:22 AM »

I would give my left arm for one of the summer scarves in the 2005 Summer Vogue Knitting (there are one or two crocheted ones included).   Grin

Does anyone want pretty cotton scarves for summer?  I'm kinda obsessed with crocheting some right now...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009 09:36:47 AM by donniesgirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 75 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Dangers of Deceiving a Viscount Book Trailer
One Great Truth Book Trailer
Alison Larkin Talks About The English American
Meet Author Aryn Kyle
Happy For No Reason Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...