A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,791
Currently Running With Scissors:
406 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: wedding in one week!!! (june 6th) need help with details  (Read 2702 times)
Tags for this thread: martha_stewart  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

JesseeJayne
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2009 05:45:19 PM »

Hi, I wouldn't rent chairs, big waste of money. If the ceremonty is going to be less than 30 min, most people wouldn't mind standing. But be mindful of elderly and bring a few chairs for them, letting your guests know they are reserved. Pretty ribbon will work to rope off an area for guests to stand. If you want chairs for everybody, local firestations are usually glad to help, the almost always have them.
 As far as music, download Pachabel's Canon and the wedding march, use Canon for your attendants to walk down your "aisle" to and the wedding march. Put someone in charge of your music, as soon as your bridesmaids get to the alter, switch to the wedding march.
 You can use a portable CD player.
  If you don't have an alter, draw a huge heart in the sand for you and your groom to stand in. Good luck!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
boo_zombie
rubybluedesigns.etsy.com

rubybluedesigns.etsy.com

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2009 04:49:46 AM »

if its a beach wedding, itd be pretty relaxed right? so why not jus used rose petals or torches to make a isle in the sand and have maybe some of those beach mats that are bamboo for people to sit on
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CHECK OUT MY ETSY!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/rubybluedesigns

http://rubybluedesigns.blogspot.com
http://www.wists.com/ruby_blue13

CURRENT SWAPS:
exstatic about eclipse - sent/waiting to recieve
ORGANISING: Two Tiny Things Fave Band Swap
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=351944
Synne

mack. cute but feisty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2009 02:21:14 PM »

I just got married in a small ceremony and took pictures in my dress at the beach--heels (however small) + sand = sinking. Wedges are the way to go--I got a pair of these at payless in a gold tone (http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?productId=64389&lotId=067631&selectedSegment=Adult&width=8.5,Regular&size=8.5,Regular ) and changed into them for the beach shots and they were perfect--comfortable, gave me a little height, and didn't sink into the sand.
For the favor tins, an easy way to add your initials would be: print your initials and the date onto cardstock, cut out (or punch out with a large craft punch) a cute shape the size of the tin, secure to top of tin with glue or double-sided tape (they sell these little sticky foam dots for scrapbooking that would be perfect)
Good luck, congratulations, and be sure to let us know how it goes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knit vs. Crochet - my crafty self: http://crochety.blogspot.com/
wist and swap info
mack. where my love of craft and love of food collide: http://mack.etsy.com
cherry_blossom55
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009 07:31:40 AM »

For shoes, I'd go with flats. you can get silk or satin ones that would go well with your dress, unlike flip flops, but they won't sink in and give you problems like heels. my hubby's cousin got married in flats because they're Ukrainian and their ceremony is almost 2 hours (all standing), and they looked just adorable on her, and not at all out of place.

I also agree that blankets or beach mats would be a sweet touch and good seating if your guests don't want to stand, but as others mentioned, all beach weddings I've seen have people standing, except for the very old or very young.

good luck and congratulations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karen09
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2009 01:35:21 PM »

Imnot as nervous as I though I would be but I am stressed. Ok so we decided no chairs and we just rented an arch. The isle will be marked by theseheart shaped glass containers igot at walmart today for adollar each. I'm going to put tea lights in them so you can see them better. Ok soooo I got my hair done and I'm going to wear a birdcage veil and now my question is, when we kiss does he lift it a little or just wear it right below my nose so it's not a problem?
Btw, thanks guys for all the advice!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I went a little overboard making reusable nursing pads Tongue PM if you want to swap for some.
Looking to swap for an old skeleton key!

also looking for a penpal, i want to make friends all over the world!!
thekster
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009 09:31:58 PM »

I think the vision of a barefoot beach bride is beautiful, but don't forget how hot Texas sand gets in the summer.  (I forgot if you mentioned when you're getting married but anyway.) I think wedges would be great, but possibly a little difficult to walk in.
I personally hate standing around all the time, so since you're not renting chairs, you might want to think about buying/borring blankets for people to sit on. If you decide against that, you might want to remind people to wear comfortable shoes.
Oh and I looove birdcage veils! When I've seen them, they've always been above the mouth so it's not in the way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Work With Clipping Warnings in Camera Raw 4.0
How to Adjust Exposure in Camera Raw 4.0
How to Adjust White Balance in Camera Raw 4.0
How to Work With New Camera Raw 4.0 Interface
How to Work With Camera Raw in Adobe Camera Plug-in
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...