A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,137
Currently Running With Scissors:
612 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: To cut or not to cut?  (Read 2225 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

blackstar
marathon sleeper

ha...my sunglasses are bigger than yours!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2005 09:07:02 PM »

I have hair similiar to yours and I know what a pain it can be but when I look at yours I think her hair is AWESOME.

awww...everyone at school tells me that too...and they are freaking that i want to cut it. alot of my friends say they want their kids to have hair like me...kinda creepy in a weird complimenty kinda way Tongue

wow i would never have guess your hair is like mine, i guess i read too much into the little icons. i thought u looked just like that little woman.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*wise men follow their own direction*~
PinkMafia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2005 09:28:33 PM »

They didn't have darker skin or hair that looked like mine ( I didn't search through the 9000 pages though). My hair hasa  little looser curls and really fine, but similiar to yours. I can't do cool things like cornrows because mine gets frizzy, its not as kinky. I always wished it was one or the other. I LOVED my short hair and always tell people to go for it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
xmelinda
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2005 10:04:20 PM »

blackstar, I think your hair is BEAUTIFUL, but I also know the feeling of just wanting to do something different!  I have short hair myself, and I love it.  I think you have very pretty eyes and a pretty face, so you could definitely wear short hair.  I mean, honestly, I think anyone can wear short hair -- I myself am oldish (36) and chubby with no neck, and I wear short hair  Wink

I think something like this would be nice:

I realize the woman in this picture is older than you, but I think the style would be pretty -- nice and loose yet still natural.  It gives you the choppy down-in-the-face look of the 2 pics you posted, and you could even do a cut that is like this on top and front, but shorter in the back and sides, like in those pics, which I think would look super-cool.  You'll have to post a pic and show us what you decide!

Melinda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I live in that place between conception and execution" -- IQJones
Zombie_Teeth
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Bike Punk

X VEGAN X

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2005 05:08:33 AM »

You could definatley do that, you'd just need a really good straightener. I love that girls hair with the pink, lil_angelfuk on aim I think, she cut's people's hair all the time. Talented girl. The secret to all of those kinds of cuts is layers. A hair straigtener and some product and hair spray works wonders.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hey guys,
Sorry about all the old broken picture posts. I no longer have the files!

blackstar
marathon sleeper

ha...my sunglasses are bigger than yours!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2005 08:14:32 PM »

ok, i'm pretty sure i'm going to cut it soon, just saving up the money....plus i want to color my hair again..which i usually do myself but a friend of mine's sister works at a salon so i'ma try get a discount!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*wise men follow their own direction*~
Whtsmypaswrd
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2005 08:25:16 PM »

I sort of have a belief that every female should have short hair at least once in her life (by her own choice-no bad little brothers with scissors). I remember getting my hair cut short was a very good thing, except for my grandmother crying.

Or course, she's had short hair since I can remember. I guess it is just part of the fun of being part of a family that includes beauty queens who twirl flaming batons. Bah humbug!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a remembrance of the inert that's taken to dancing. Everything is all the same.

Michael McClure
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Plate and Serve Chicken Breasts with Fennel, Capers and Pine Nuts
Learn how to Pan Fry Chicken Breast with Fennel, Capers and Pine Nuts
Learn how to Cook Chicken with Fennel, Capers and Pine Nuts
Learn how to Pan Fry Turkey Burgers and Finish the Dish
Learn how to Make Turkey Burgers
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...