A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,384
Currently Running With Scissors:
684 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Send Me on a Virtual Vacation GALLERY (Send-outs extended to 6/26)  (Read 7214 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2009 02:23:03 PM »

Fantastic package!  I love the bag, and all the blues and greens on everything are so pretty, calming, relaxing.... nice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ewulotta
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2009 06:18:47 AM »

I received from SewEnthusiastic today. She really really spoiled me!
Look at all the goodies she sent...

The whole lot. The striped blanket beneath is actually my new amazing picnic blanket she made! Isn't that great!? I'll have picnic every day now, even in winter  Grin

A beautiful tote bag in my favourite colours.

A picture frame and photo of Lake District. The frame looks like a log cabin.

A forest themed necklace. She said she's new to fusing glass, but I think it's just fantastic.

some extra goodies: note paper because I like writing letters on vacation; biscuits and sweets and iced tea (which I'm addicted to in summer); and I just realized that the book she sent is missing on the picture - it's a Beatrix Potter book because Lake District is famous for Beatrix Potter. I love Beatrix Potter, so the book is perfect.

Thank you so much, Nicola, for the this amazing virtual vacation and for being my partner again!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'll swap for postcards, badges, maps or brochures from everywhere in the US! I'm an English teacher and always happy about authentic material for my classroom.

http://www.wists.com/Ewulotta
http://pinterest.com/Ewulotta/
murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2009 07:03:50 AM »

oh yay, it's so nice to see a lake & forest theme package!!!!  The beach ones have been done up lovely but I'm a mountain girl at heart, stuck in florida, so it's just a nice change of pace.  The picnic blanket is such a great idea and I love love love the colors and stripes!  The tote and frame are beautiful too  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
feelix

I love Crazy!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2009 07:46:43 AM »

I love the bag... Tree..Awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm back from a long break. WOOT!
AlexJ
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2009 10:24:39 PM »

received an awesome lake themed package from puffy yesterday and am finally getting around to posting pics...so here they are!

the bag ... the inside is a flannel shark print but i love the water detail on the outside

nature notebook and some handmade paper and lake themed postcards

make up bag with a few extras

picture frame...my other destination was las vegas

mini first aid kit

i loved everything and will be sure to get some use out of everything this summer...i had an excellent first swap and cant wait to hopefully do some more...thanks again puffy!!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
murbeck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2009 05:58:03 AM »

how adorable is that bag?!  But I love the frame!!!!!  Are all the details painted on or are there real cards?  Either way its really  neat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2009 08:03:59 PM »

Beautiful bag!  I definitely get the water-feel of it.  Very creative!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oh my goodbye
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2009 08:41:58 PM »

I've received! I LOVE EVERYTHING!!! Murbeck really got my destination down as far as I'm concerned! I wanted my virtual vacation to be a deep sea diving exploration vacation! She really nailed it, and everything is crafted so well!

First up: The bag! It's FLANNEL! I LOVE FLANNEL! You were correct in your assumtion that I would approve of this, murbeck.  Cheesy Is it made out of a button down shirt? I love how you saved the pocket!

Second up: A way cool awesome hat! "to protect your head from the cold harsh nights..." This most definitely will do the trick!

and a close up...

Just so you guys know, this is murbecks FIRST hat and FIRST circular needle project!  Shocked Can you believe it?! I never would have guessed if she hadn't had said something about it!

Third up: A chapstick cozy! With map fabric, I can navigate the high seas AND keep my lips protected from salty swells!

Fourth up: Straight out of the ocean... a mysterious sea creature in my fancy new specimen jar! I think he's just fantastic, and I do so love his little alien booty  Wink

sorry for the EXTREMELY blurry photo of this... my little point and shoot apparently doesn't like shooting through glass... maybe murbeck has a better photo of him in the jar?

and a sorta close up of the little guy out of his jar

Fifth up: A neat box to keep some trinkets from my travels in... maybe some other mysterious creatures of the deep can reside in here! I believe it's covered with the same fabric that the chapstick cozy is made out of...

And last up: A wickedly cool nautical thermometer, barometer, and humidity gauge! This is SO COOL! I can't wait to hang it up in my new apartment... It's going to go next to my shark poster  Grin

Sorry for the glare on it... It's late, and I only have a lame overhead light to use...

Thank you SO MUCH, murbeck! I love everything! I hope you enjoy your package (that I'm sending tomorrow!) as much as I have enjoyed mine!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

SAHMama
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2009 05:18:33 AM »

Awesome stuff! I love the beach & that's what I picked, but it's so neat to see other stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

murbeck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2009 07:08:53 AM »

Oh my Goodbye, I'm sooooooooooooo happy you're happy!!!! 

I actually couldn't get a good picture of the little water creature guy at all, my camera SUCKS for closeups (asking Santa for a better one for Christmas, lol) but I do have some better photos of the bag...

Here you can see the whole thing, backpack straps and all-

A better view of the front (the pocket to the right's flap is folded up, so it looks funky but it's perfectly fine  Wink)  The flap buttons down to the front of the shirt.

And also, the inside.  I couldn't get a good shot of the inside pocket I made, but you can see how roomy it is Smiley  The top has a drawstring under the flap.

And here is a bird's eye view of the hat, I just thought the top was neat  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Coping Molding Basics
Coping Crown Molding
Coping Chair Rail Molding
Coping Baseboard Molding
How to Make a Pot-O-Gold Necklace
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...