A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,105
Currently Running With Scissors:
547 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: mudflap tank (minus mudflap girl)  (Read 2151 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pie
« on: April 02, 2005 09:44:53 PM »

Heres my version of the mudflap girl tank top from SnBN. I replaced the mf girl with the logo for Half-Life in honor of it recently being named the #1 PC Game of all time. I call it my Seattle tank because the designer is from Seattle, the game was developed in Seattle, and I'm from Seattle  Grin

Anyway here's the picture (it's my first time posting a pic so I hope this shows up)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
bespectacled
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2005 09:51:23 PM »

You did a great job! I love this pattern but I'm just so not the mudflap girl type.. lol  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will. - George Bernard Shaw
bryonyramsden
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2005 05:05:06 AM »

Yay!  I may have to copy that Cheesy  I've just been playing Half Life 2 this morning (for far too long - just got to Ravenholme, and am a bit scared!  Still not as good as the first though).  Nothing quite like gearing up to knitting with a bit of shooting at some head crabs...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am so boring I think people should be interested in me. 
www.bryonyramsden.c o.uk/wp - Library Girl Knits
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005 12:02:17 PM »

The tank looks and fits great!

I too am plan on replacing the mudflap girl with soemthing else.  I was thinking an om symbol but have yet to decide.  I am almist done with the back so I'd better figure it out soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pie
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005 04:59:26 PM »

Thank for the compliments!
A note about the pattern: If you want it to fit tightly or like how it looks on the model you should make it a size smaller than your normal size (more experienced knitters probably already know this). I made mine to my exact measurements and it came out too loose for what i wanted so ended up having to reseam the sides closer in. This was my first garment so I wasn't yet familiar with how to make to fit my how wanted, but I worked it out. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005 08:20:12 AM »

pie I am having trouble with the armhole shaping and I was hoping you might be able to offer some advice.  It could just be the allergies but I can't seem to wrap my head around the directions.  Does the bind off for shaping only occur on one side? 

Do you bid off on both side of the work, knit and purl?  Thanks in advance to anyone for thier help. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pie
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2005 09:45:32 AM »

The armhole shaping is done only at the beginning of the rows. So you bind off at the beginning of the knit row, turn it around, and bind off at the beginning of the purl row. Both sides are being bound off at the same time, just not on the same row, but the overall effect looks completely symetrical. I hope that makes sense. Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2005 10:43:44 AM »

THANK YOU pie!  That makes sense.  I thought that was what the directions were saying but thought my stuffed up head MUST be playing tricks on me.  You are a lifesaver.   

Bonnie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chimblysweep
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005 11:15:26 AM »

I think now that Kyoto's nearly wrapped up I'm headed on to mudflap, hence, a question...

Did y'all knit this up in the yarn as recommended or did you sub something?

Just wondering...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chris_wass
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2005 04:36:25 PM »

This is SO going to be my next project now! Great job with the change in intarsia design! Is that a contrast bottom edge I see? Very cute.

I, like chimblysweep, and wondering if you used the yarn listed or subbed? The yard doesn't list what weight it is, and I'd like to use stuff from my cotton stash if I can.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop: http://chriswass.etsy.com
The Phoenix United Craft Society: http://www.phucs.com

"To make people free is the aim of art, therefore art for me is the science of freedom." -Joseph Beuys
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Body Shaming The Curvy Girls
C&C Try: No Makeup
Voguepedia - The Doc With Pat McGrath
The Monday Makeover - Electric Eyes Tutorial
The Monday Makeover - The Festival Girl With Charlotte Tilbury
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...