A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
479 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Worlds Most Dangerous Chocolate Cake  (Read 13906 times)
Tags for this thread: recipe  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

McJulie-O
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2009 10:28:24 AM »

Oh dear!
I just thought: "Well, reports say it's not fantastic, but it's pretty good......and hot......and I'd bet that a dollop of homemade ice cream would really make it delicious!"

I'm DOOMED.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady_Frog
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2009 10:47:20 AM »

this is what ours looked like.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
melyssa_marie
so tacky its classy

tattooeddahlia

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2009 01:25:33 PM »

i made it too! made mine with skim milk and coconut flakes. also, a healthy shake or seven of colorful sprinkles. mine overflowed a little (which i attribute to the soy milk) but it rose fine and came out of the cup with a few good shakes. i also made some pudding (with soy milk Lips sealed, it didn't work) to go with it. overall, the "cake" is very rubbery. with a good sauce and trying no to think of it as a "cake" this little diddy is a winner. i'm so glad you shared this post with us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

clairol5
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2009 02:22:59 PM »

A friend told me about these last month. I made one with chocolate in the middle because I didn't have chips, but must have got the quantities wrong because it was pretty inedible. Too solid in some places... I did take a picture though:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ScotSkipper402
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2009 03:54:00 PM »

it just doesn't look as 'pretty'.  That is, if you could call this lump of chocolate cake pretty.

What could be prettier than a lump of chocolate cake? True INNER BEAUTY Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"For what do we exist, but to laugh at our neighbors and be laughed at in our turn?"

My stash of supplies is now Beyond Life Expectancy. I love personal swaps! http://www.wists.com/redmennis
lotte_lou
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2009 04:41:09 PM »

oh thanks for the reminder i haven't made a microwave pudding in years.
i did it often when i was a poor uni student, 6 years later i still am but had forgotten about this dessert gem.
i think i threw out the tall mugs i used to use Sad

i like to make mine a self saucing pudding.

Pudding batter
1/4 cup sr flour
enough cocoa to make it look the right colour
tea spoon of sugar or two, depending on your sweet tooth
an egg (optional)
and enough milk to make a nice cake batter consistency
(instead of the egg or milk you could use a runny yoghurt or even water or juice)

Sauce
then on top of the batter put a dry mix of sugar and cocoa, i reckon 2:1 tea sp
then a 1/4 cup of boiling water on top

and into the microwave, set it for a minute but watch it from memory it took something like 30-40 sec.

i love the chocolate sauce at the bottom, it goes well with a scoop of ice cream too.
i wouldn't recommend you try and tip it out, like the other cakes, just eat straight from the mug, and be careful the sauce will be HOT.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
necolde
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2009 09:08:03 PM »

I just made it after reading this post 5 min ago. used whole wheat flour (chappathi flour), splenda and 2 tsp oil with pinch baking powder and instead of choc. chips used 1 tsp crushed m&m's. Its not as soft as normal cakes but its real yummy..  Tongue Thanx 4 the recipe
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kristen81
« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2009 11:15:08 PM »

Hey now all...be nice to the little microwave cake!  HA HA!  Just kidding.   Cheesy

It is a little rubbery...and a little strange looking.  You know....I've made this twice now and the first time I made it it was in a larger starbucks mug....and it turned out a bit better than the mug in the pic...wonder if mug size has anything to do with it. 

I might just try decreasing the oil and adding a bit of baking preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'powder...hmmm....this') could be trouble!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WISTS!!!!      http://wists.com/KraftyKris

CHECK OUT MY SWAP BLOG:  http://kristen81.blog.ca/

WHAT'S FOR DINNER? - Recipe Blog!!!  http://kristenskitchen.blog.ca
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2009 11:55:22 PM »

Wow, awesome! I have maybe seen this before, but will have to bookmark it for those times when chocolate must be had, but none can be found!

Also, does anyone else have an xpress gt? http://www.gtxpress.com/  I know, I am so lame but the infomercial gotally got me. I actually like it, and when I keep it out on the counter I use it pretty often. There is a recipe for that that uses cake mix and you can make little cakes in it, they turn out pretty well, but I like the idea of from scratch too! I will try your mix with this machine someday!

Oh my goodness. I want this so much but I'm on Weight Watchers (20lbs gone!) so I decided to see how many points this was... It's 15 points! (For those not on WW, that's more than half a day's points for an average-size woman.)

Mannn I was really excited cuz I thought I was able to reduce it to 4 points by using Splenda, 2% milk, egg whites, omitting the choc chips, and applesauce (instead of oil) but then I realized that you can only substitute 1/3 of oil with applesauce.

LAME. I want chocolate cake so badddd. Maybe I can just split it with the hubs tomorrow. Sad.

BTW, I think I have the same plate/cup as you Smiley

Have you tried the Betty Crocker Warm Delights Minis? 150 cal/4.5 g fat/1 g fiber  I don't have my points calculator handy, but I'm guessing that's 3-4 points. They are pretty good, same concept of microwave single portion of cake. Make sure to get the Mini lol! I like the "Molten Chocolate Cake"
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009 12:04:47 AM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/13

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Dreaminsanity

everybody, just pretend to be normal!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2009 11:56:41 PM »

Oh I love you for posting this!!
This will be perfect for my midnight chocolate binges.
And I won't worry if it's not the best quality, either; the muchies from my sleeping medicine make everything taste wonderful.. (and make me fat!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook and Brown Coconut
How to Make Thai Chicken With Rice Noodles
How to Cook Chinese Noodles With Steak
How to Make a Japanese Style Marinade
How to Make Sichuan Mapo Tofu
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...