A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,114
Currently Running With Scissors:
521 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Worlds Most Dangerous Chocolate Cake  (Read 12881 times)
Tags for this thread: recipe  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

koliver06
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009 10:53:52 PM »

I absolutely LOVE this. My bf got the recipe from a lunch lady at the school he works at and yes it is dangerous. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Moek
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009 11:20:28 PM »

really weird timing, i just found this 2 days ago and tried it yesterday!

i agree it's missing something, but i think chocolate chips or coconut flakes would do it good, and perhaps a sauce of some kind. also i tried it with soymilk (it's all i had on hand) and it worked fine!

i feel like making it again right now.... Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

setting up shop...
http://troupe.etsy.com

just started a wist too...
http://www.wists.com/moka
miss misery

I am a dead-eye shot shooting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009 11:51:36 PM »

i have this recipe, its fantastic for a microwave cake
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons.
munchkinarooo
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2009 07:09:40 AM »

I was sent this recipe in an email, but i didn't like how it turned out at all, definitely not sweet enough and weird texture. then again, it may be because my mom makes to-die-for brownies. Tell me if you have any better luck figuring out what its missing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A friend of mine that we met in Len whos father was older than him that and had a washing machine that a guy had to fix, that guys second couisn that had a sister in law that had a grandmother that had a maid that had a friend that sold tofu. Well a neighbour of hers has what you lent me.
crochet hooker12
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2009 07:20:52 AM »

I've made this a few times, and I discovered that it's much better if you cut the oil down to 2 tbsp. and add just a bit of baking powder.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Mowing your lawn is against nature!" Rufus' response to Rev. Sheldon's comment about homosexuality being against nature
McJulie-O
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009 07:34:35 AM »

I've made this a few times, and I discovered that it's much better if you cut the oil down to 2 tbsp. and add just a bit of baking powder.

First thought: "I MUST make this cake right now!"

After hearing reservations: "Well MAYBE I ought to try this cake and see if it's any good, but maybe not..."

After hearing "It's not the best, but pretty good for a microwave cake": "I really ought to TEST the recipe!"

After more negative comments: "Maybe not, after all."

After this one on modifying the recipe: "Where's my measuring cups, I want to try this before someone else posts (and I change my mind again)!"

I love Craftster!  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady_Frog
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009 09:27:18 AM »

i just sent the bf to look for the ingredients in our cupboards so i can make this!!!
ok so no choco chips, so i used Carmel/butterscotch chips. i also used the 2tbs of oil and a little baking powder.in mine i added just a little vanilla extract.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009 09:58:50 AM by Lady_Frog » THIS ROCKS   Logged
elociNNicole
Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart-ah-ah-ah

Do what you love. Love what you do.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009 09:52:49 AM »

This is evil! 

Waiting for microwave to finish... I ran to the kitchen and had everything but the chocolate chips... but I had butterscotch chips!!!!

Will let you know how it turned out. 

(This is bad.  Wink very very bad.  I hope for the sake of my waistline, that this is the worst cake in the world!!)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009 10:12:18 AM by elociNNicole » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting goal for 2011: knit 500,000 stitches.  24,078/500,000 knit.  I think I'm going to need more yarn...
Lady_Frog
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009 10:09:00 AM »

its not bad!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elociNNicole
Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart (Ne-na-na-na-na) Groove is in the heart-ah-ah-ah

Do what you love. Love what you do.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2009 10:11:44 AM »

Well, this is okay.  Not horrible but not fantastic.  It tastes like I made chocolate cake in the microwave.  I have definitely had worse cake then this though.  This would be terribly perfect for those overwhelming chocolate cravings or midnight snacks.  So the title is perfect.  This is one dangerous little cake.  

Mine didn't fluff up as much.  I also used 2 tbsp of oil and the pinch of baking powder like someone suggested.  The butterscotch chips are pretty good in it.

Mine also didn't come out of the cup in one piece.  I don't really care, it just doesn't look as 'pretty'.  That is, if you could call this lump of chocolate cake pretty.

My kids sure gobbled it up though.  I will unfortunately be making this again.  I just know I will.  Thanks for sharing and I hope you don't mind that I added my pictures to your post.  Just thought it would be fun to share what you've started.  Should probably post a picture of my dress size and then compare it in a month after I eat too many of these!   Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knitting goal for 2011: knit 500,000 stitches.  24,078/500,000 knit.  I think I'm going to need more yarn...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
John U. Bacon: What Are You Reading?
Brandon Mull Five Kingdoms Interview
The Unwind Dystology by Neal Shusterman
A Very Fuddles Christmas by Frans Vischer
Walk in Their Shoes: Can One Person Change the World?
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...