A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,576
Currently Running With Scissors:
687 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Poppet Mini Swap (Send-outs July 11th)  (Read 34441 times)
Tags for this thread: stuffed_animal , stuffie  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PirateColey
Pirate Owl Ship Captian!

Craft hound.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2009 04:56:38 PM »

Yep, Yep. Or perhaps, like me, you like making small poppets, or baby poppets, or want to adapt the pattern.
[/quote]

Baby poppet? lololol!! Too too cute!! Poppets are fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rasita
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2009 10:46:11 PM »

My entry is in, now I just hope there is someone else on my continent! (Australia)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
averyg

Personal poppet swap? PM me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2009 07:03:26 AM »

My entry is in, now I just hope there is someone else on my continent! (Australia)

Well we still have about a week and a half for sign-ups, so hopefully we can get you an Australian partner. Hmmmm... would you be willing to ship to Europe if that were the case? I don't know if shipping to Europe would be any more inexpensive than shipping to somewhere like the States for example...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Riechan
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2009 08:55:13 AM »

another question about the form Wink
why do we have to answer to : What crafts are you most interested in and what crafts do you feel most comfortable in/ are the most skillful in??
'cause we only have to make a poppet in this swap, no?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog
My Shop @ fb
Junque journal Along!
50 Projects in 2014!
Anyone interested in a postcard swap? I have too many... PM me! ^^
Seraphina_de_Sangre
The Daredevil Sky Pirate

Down to a 12 and shedding more lbs. everyday!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2009 10:27:34 AM »

another question about the form Wink
why do we have to answer to : What crafts are you most interested in and what crafts do you feel most comfortable in/ are the most skillful in??
'cause we only have to make a poppet in this swap, no?

Wellllll, I believe that those questions have many reasons behind them to match people together. A lot of times swap organizers use that info to make the experience better for each person. Say if you were in the Shrinky dink swap, like I am, and I write down that I like making jewelry. I'd want the organizer to match me with someone who wants to recieve jewelry and vice versa.

For this swap you are making a poppet but you are also making clothes and depending on the person you get you may be asked or want to ask the person to make a few extra's and expand your swap. A listing of what you can do & what you like to get. An ex. of this is that I can make crochet and knit clothes for poppets but I wouldn't want to get any because I'm not that great at sewing and would like sewn clothes.

Hope that clears things up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swaps
Multi-Themed Steampunk Swap

Wist
Riechan
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2009 10:46:25 AM »

thanks ! it did ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog
My Shop @ fb
Junque journal Along!
50 Projects in 2014!
Anyone interested in a postcard swap? I have too many... PM me! ^^
rasita
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2009 03:12:54 PM »

Well we still have about a week and a half for sign-ups, so hopefully we can get you an Australian partner. Hmmmm... would you be willing to ship to Europe if that were the case? I don't know if shipping to Europe would be any more inexpensive than shipping to somewhere like the States for example...

If there is no one here, my next country of choice would be New Zealand, but if there is no one there, then I don't mind going overseas, to Europe or elsewhere. The only problem with shipping elsewhere is that it could take a few weeks to arrive to it's destination point. Just checked out an approximate postage rate to the America and it shouldn't cost too much if I keep the weight down, about $15, but that is by sea mail which takes a few weeks to get anywhere.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2009 04:14:10 PM »

I only had airmail to Ireland, but the package weighed over 4 pounds, so this should be much less. Poppets are lean and mean. Hope you figure a way to be matched on this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
PirateColey
Pirate Owl Ship Captian!

Craft hound.

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2009 06:26:53 PM »

Wow!! We have a LOT of first-time swappers in this swap!! I guess lots of people must lurk around drooling over the Poppets before they decide to join Craftster and swap with us.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

averyg

Personal poppet swap? PM me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2009 01:06:15 PM »

If there is no one here, my next country of choice would be New Zealand, but if there is no one there, then I don't mind going overseas, to Europe or elsewhere. The only problem with shipping elsewhere is that it could take a few weeks to arrive to it's destination point. Just checked out an approximate postage rate to the America and it shouldn't cost too much if I keep the weight down, about $15, but that is by sea mail which takes a few weeks to get anywhere.

I see, didn't think about the shipping time... Hmmmm... I don't think that that should be too bad though, just depnds on patience (which I am not going to preach about because I am the most impatient person ever). I know personally living in Canada, an hour away from the US/Canada border, it can take me 2-3 weeks to received a package from the States, even states that are very close to my location, I think that it is just expected from partners/ swappers that shipping can take a bit of time... just as long as the package arrives.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Marbled Vase
How to Create a Rustic Wheat Chandelier
How to Make a Recycled Papier Mache Piggy Bank
Amazing Watermelon Carving Creations
How to Make an Ocean in a Bottle
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...