A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,673
Currently Running With Scissors:
760 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Scrap book size help needed  (Read 973 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Hello_Dreadhead
« on: May 28, 2009 08:30:51 AM »

Hi everyone, I'm a complete noob when it comes to scrapbooking, what kind of size should I be looking at to document my marriage using photos, tickets, buttons and material. I'd be adding to it all the time. Would 12 x 12inches by too big to use or should I go smaller? What do you guys use when scrapbooking? Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SarahBlais
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009 10:23:59 AM »

12x12 is the most common size for scrapbooking. Most albums, papers, embelishments etc. come sized to fit 12x12 pages.

However, if you think that is too large, I've seen some smaller 8x8 albums.  It would be very easy to trim traditional 12x12 papers to fit an 8x8 album.

One of my favorite sites for inspiration is scrapbook.com - I like to look through the galleries and their store for ideas. 

Hope this helps! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissDisney
will you take me to gang practice? yis?

You will never guess

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009 05:18:24 AM »

the very first album i have ever completed on was my wedding album...i used an 8.5x11 album and i gussied it all up on the front

but i have made albums is literally every other size possible, i make my own alot...

i would say the size depends on how many photos, how you plan on storing it, how much journaling you intend to do, and most of all, your budget....a smaller album can cost alot less (though the most expensive album I have ever done was the second smallest...it ended up being 80 dollars and i didnt even finish it...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
Hello_Dreadhead
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009 03:39:18 AM »

That helped a lot thankyou!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hello_Dreadhead
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009 04:53:13 AM »

One more question, I've bought a plain scrap book and I want to decorate the front and make it look awesome. I've tried searching eBay for rolls of backing paper but no results. All I can find is sheets. Is there anywhere online that sells rolls?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissDisney

You will never guess

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009 05:02:08 AM »

does backing paper go by another name? cos i havent heard of that, but maybe its a regional name, kinda like soda, pop and cola
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i think im back....9 months almost to the day but i miss art, and i missed you guys!
Hello_Dreadhead
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009 06:58:56 AM »

I found a bare paper bag scrap book which would help me create what I want, annoyed really because I'd just bought one of those photo album type scrap books. Grrrr. Anyway I no longer need rolls of backing paper I guess I can just buy sheets. I didn't think "backing paper" was regional Roll Eyes Does double sided or sticky back mean anything to ya?

Hopefully I can get started on it this weekend so I'll update my progress with it. I suppose I'm making a  couple scrap book of me and my husband, married life and our pets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissDisney

You will never guess

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009 07:45:14 AM »

i finally googled it, and yea, i dont think its regional, its just a product i have never used for a scrapbook

i thought you meant book cloth, which is why i wanted to be clear, cos Dick Blick sells rolls of that
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hello_Dreadhead
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009 08:29:07 AM »

Book cloth eh? Very interesting! I very well may use that instead
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Things to Try This July 2014
Birchbox July 2014: Sneak Peek Part 2
How to Simplify Your Summer Beauty Routine
Summer Beauty Bag Essentials
How to Choose Makeup Brushes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...