A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,756
Currently Running With Scissors:
530 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 189
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Archive: Business name suggestion/help thread.  (Read 120353 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

oxynitrate
« Reply #1850 on: February 29, 2008 10:23:02 AM »

I definitely want to go the unisex route.  Though I'm having issues finding people who alter guy's clothing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Before Me Nothing Was Created But Things Eternal. And I Create Eternally.
jennygurl
He knows me better than I know myself

Smile til it hurts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1851 on: March 01, 2008 06:32:35 PM »

I vote for domestic fluke
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"As for me, I will see Your face in righteousness; I shall be satisfied when I awake in Your likeness" Psalm 17:15
http://beautymania.ecrater.com/-beauty on a budget
Darcicles
Darcicles

Silly me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1852 on: March 02, 2008 11:28:07 AM »

Coming up with a name for your business can be tricky and frustrating.

A rule of thumb to keep in mind is the phone book rule. Pick a name that the first letter in your business name is one of the first three letters of the alphabet. When most people look things up in the phone book, they tend to only read the first few listings in alphabetical order. It is a subconcious thing, but it really happens.

Catchy and clever are hard as well. Sometimes, you can mull over 20 different names, and still not feel quite right about it. If you get this way, take a break. Try to remove it from your mind for a few days. I know, easier said than done.

Because I had a nickname, it was easy for my to take that name and use it for my business. I now have a business partenr, and we came up with a name together. I still use my original one, but the newer one is the best one for out joint venture. We have been in business together for over 5 years now, and alot of people recognize the name from our shows. Many people have become accustomed to us being at particular shows every year, and are delighted to find our business name in the advertizing of those shows.

Product line names are equally hard. You want it to be catchy and memorable. I recently developed a new product line for my business, and it frustrated me not being able to come up with a name for them that was easily recognized as MY products. It took a while, but I managed to come up with a name that suited the line well, and was catchy.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2008 11:29:46 AM by Darcicles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LanaTurnerSmile

Throw your petticoat over the windmill!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1853 on: March 04, 2008 07:42:30 AM »

I'd say something that reflects either what you are selling, ie, Katies Knits, or something evocative of the style of the shop.   So if your shop is minimal and refined, reflect that, funky and off-beat, ditto.

If you are going for a more off-beat angle, humour is nice.  I picked my name as play on words for the style and nature of my shop. Above all, easy to remember.  It's nice to have a fancy name and all, but if it's hard to spell or pronounce, you won't get as many people to find you.

Maybe if we can see the items you make, we can get a better idea and suggest something? (I'm not nosy, honest  Grin)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Desperately seeking patterns Butterick 6174 &  Vogue 8251!
with-a-hip
« Reply #1854 on: March 04, 2008 12:20:35 PM »

Hi!

What sort of stuff do you sell exactly?  Is there a running theme (I mean besides sewing)?  I recently had to go through names so I know that picking a name for your business is like picking a name for your baby and I'd love to help!

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
with-a-hip
« Reply #1855 on: March 04, 2008 12:42:40 PM »

Hi!

I love Carnival Goldfish!

If you wanted to go by way of Smiths-inspired names maybe titles like 'Hand in Glove' or 'Vicar in a Tutu' would work because both have 'accessories' in the title.

?

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
l_coburn85
Love Me Do

Not a girl who misses much...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1856 on: March 06, 2008 12:24:08 PM »

hey all! i am planning on opening a childrens clothing store and i was wondering what you all thought of my name & logo choice

THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1857 on: March 06, 2008 04:55:09 PM »

I LOVE Carnival Goldfish Smiley  Cute and catchy to me...I cannot see your images for some reason, but I am sure they are just as cute!

The Sapphire Moon was a name I came up with for a project for a class in college about a 'pretend' business I was going to put together and do a business proposal for, etc....It then became my medieval head wreath booth for the faire in my local area that very next year!  It seemed to fit very well with what I do there, some non-standard word for 'blue', and I am big into celestial stuff  Grin  I turned it into my eBay business several years later, then rolled it over to Etsy and into any of my crafty sites as a name, like here on craftster!  Once you find something you like, rolling it into all your business avenues is easy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1858 on: March 08, 2008 04:35:15 PM »

That looks like you scanned a piece of material and tried to scratch a heart out of it. That's impractical for a lot of reasons. You'd be better off starting with a vector graphic (that's basically a shape made by curves; a drawing rather than a picture):

The text you have looks might awkward also. I would use a more robust and easier to read font. This one's just an example, I think the font has copyrights, in any case. If you want the heart I can send it to you in various formats; color, black and white, a resizeable, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftinator
« Reply #1859 on: March 09, 2008 07:07:53 AM »

I came up with one that I think I would use for myself if I didn't already have a name I really really like!

How about Confetti Organization??

You might have gotten it but it's a play on words.  Organization could be seen as a group or society which would be cool for a business name but - it's, of course, a form of the word organized!!  Organizing confetti could be quite a task.  heehee.  And that's how MY life seems to be - trying to organize confetti!  So, maybe if that's how your life is too, this may work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 189 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Craft a Duct Tape Tote Bag
How to Craft a Duct Tape Rose
How to Craft a Duct Tape Tie
How to Craft a Duct Tape Hat
How to Craft a Duct Tape Halloween Bag
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...