A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,046
Currently Running With Scissors:
749 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 189
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Archive: Business name suggestion/help thread.  (Read 114741 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Alaris
sewing n00b

~ alaris from the sky ~

View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: January 30, 2008 10:10:02 AM »

Oh I'm sorry! I misread your name.  *embarrassed*
I read Fila, not Flia. So sorry. ^_^;;
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Flia
Purple butterfly

Yarn, pearls, thread, pearls, yarn, yarn, yarn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1831 on: January 30, 2008 02:05:24 PM »

Oh I'm sorry! I misread your name.  *embarrassed*
I read Fila, not Flia. So sorry. ^_^;;

Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oxynitrate
« Reply #1832 on: February 04, 2008 10:27:01 AM »

As some of you may have read before. I'm hoping to open a store in Edmonton (Alberta Canada that is), that is all reconed clothing and accessories. 
I was hoping to open it by this summer but school, work and a looming (in a nonthreatening kind of way) trip to Europe are putting a temporary hold on the idea/project.  The biggest hold on it is the name though.   My cohorts and I cannot for the life of us come up with something that catches our attention, doesn't contain a pun on the word "sew" and illustrates what we do. 

Please help us out. We've had some ideas but we need feedback and opinions.

Here are some ideas we've floated.   

Revamp (I kind of think it sounds too gothic, though we will have some goth/industrial clothing I don't want to limit our clientle by name). 

Metamorphosis

Reincarnation

Transmogrify

Tweak

Rethreads  (we've joked that this should be with a "Z" at the end because it's what mass market pretending to be hip stores would do)

Second Guess

Alternation (I'm partial to this because I'm a science major and Alternation comes from the first part of a theory in the formation of life; Alternation Generation). 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Before Me Nothing Was Created But Things Eternal. And I Create Eternally.
Alaris
sewing n00b

~ alaris from the sky ~

View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: February 04, 2008 01:13:43 PM »

Revamp actually sounds less goth than Transmorgify.
I like the word Second, but I don't know if Guess fits. How about Second Threads?
Alternation could be very cool. I think this is the best one on your list.

And here's something that popped into my head when I was reading your names: Nine Lives
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tmbrunschen
« Reply #1834 on: February 04, 2008 03:32:54 PM »

What about "Second Run", "Another Chance" or "Born Again"?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1835 on: February 06, 2008 06:50:43 AM »

I also like Alternation; it's very fitting, seems to me.

It's also easy to say; I would put it as AlterNation just to keep it more legible; people's brains will forget to register the n otherwise.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftinator
« Reply #1836 on: February 10, 2008 11:14:01 AM »

I like short and simple type of names and I saw "Tweak" and liked it but wonder if it needs a little extra  -  maybe "Tweakage"?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itscribe
« Reply #1837 on: February 17, 2008 12:35:43 PM »

I know this name will be attached to a physical store but I would also consider what web domain names are available as well. Even if you only have a small (1-4 page) brochure website, having one with a name similar to what's on the building will help with branding.

I like AlterNation as I could see many branding concepts you could run off of this name. It would also allow you to attract the non-goth and older crowd as well. Though it does have a slight militaristic tone to it and might not get people immediately thinking of clothes and accessories.

Think of tag lines for each of the options and that might help narrow down the decision or even help you come up with some new ones.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oxynitrate
« Reply #1838 on: February 17, 2008 11:30:57 PM »

heheheh

AlterNation, the evolution of clothes

I think I dig it.

I want to tack on Boutique unofficially.
I love that word.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Before Me Nothing Was Created But Things Eternal. And I Create Eternally.
classifiedomega17
« Reply #1839 on: February 21, 2008 05:14:10 PM »

I have been thinking about starting an etsy store for some time now and now that I'm back at school and found out that if I want to study abroad next year I'm going to have to earn some major cash, I'm thinking now might be a good time to start one up.

But, as everyone says, coming up with an original name is ridiculously hard.

I've been trying to find inspiration for the past week but came up with nothing so tonight I just started doodling and making a list of things that I feel are important to me and I came up with a few ideas. I was hoping you lovely ladies could give me some advice on the names.

1. The Dancing Apple - I started doodling in class the other day and came up with this cute little apple. I like the apple and thought the name was kind of cute at first, but now (a few days later) I think it's kind of stupid.

2. Bigmouth Strike - I'm a big Smiths fan. 'Nough said. I also came up with a sort-of logo when I was doodling.

3. The Lonely Goldfish or Carnival Goldfish - I love fish. I think they're adorable. Plus, I've already made a few fish related designs. I was also thinking about doing some thing that incorporated my fish Max (named after the Might Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxorodenfo from Doctor Who  Grin) but I don't know.

4. Space Vampires (or Vampires in Space) - my sis and I came up with the name for a fake band that we were going to form but never did.

These are just a few ideas I came up with. I don't know exactly what I'll be selling yet but it will probably be clothing or bags or jewelry. The main thing is I wanted to stay away from something too general or something that actually had to do with what I'm selling. I mean, personally, the stores with the strange names are the ones I really remember. That's definitely true with band names, too.

Well, thanks for the help. I really need it.

EDIT:

So I have been thinking it over and I think I'm leaning toward "Carnival Goldfish" so I came up with these drawings for possible logos. Any opinions?

(I have a little ticket "logo" at the top but I forgot to take a better picture of it)

Fish in a bowl

Fish in a bag.

Drawing is clearly not my forte so any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008 09:30:57 PM by classifiedomega17 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy (now open!): www.carnivalgoldfis h.etsy.com

Blog (as part of a school assignment): www.allonsyletsphot o.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 189 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Manage Long Hair in Hot Weather
How to Style Long Hair to Look Short
How to Condition Hair
How to Know When You Should Cut Your Hair
How to Cut Hair Yourself
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain
Here Kitty, Kitty!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...