A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,102
Currently Running With Scissors:
520 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 189
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Archive: Business name suggestion/help thread.  (Read 114772 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shae16
« Reply #1440 on: March 10, 2007 03:27:09 PM »

You could definitely keep the cat part, but make it more funky.  Such as Black Kat Designs or Kitty Kat Originals. If you have a favorite breed of cat, or your pet cat has something special about it use that in the name, like if the cat is spotted you could do The Spotted Cat.  Or how 'bout KittyGirl or something like that.  These are lame suggestions, but I'm sure you could come up with something along these lines...Let us know what you decide.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mishti
amateur transmogrifier

Under There?

View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: March 10, 2007 09:17:41 PM »

If you held a gun to me and made me choose between them, then Judy's Eclectic Treasures.

I'm having trouble with it too... darn these decisions...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am mebellus on Ravelry
CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1442 on: March 11, 2007 05:08:57 AM »

Cutesy comes in when you use a "K" word that isn't supposed to be a "K" word - like Kreations. I don't know if you'll mature and decide the cat ears don't work for you anymore, but there's always that possibility, so hanging onto Kitty might tire after a while. It's hard to see into the future, but if you go with KJewels or something more generic it'll be longer lasting than any trendy stuff you might be into.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lollipop
« Reply #1443 on: March 13, 2007 03:37:10 PM »

"Emporium" makes me think of mass-produced stuff (even if that's NOT what it means), so I personally wouldn't use it in a handmade-craft-business name. But I do like the idea of using the word  "sky". =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If adventures do not befall a young lady in her own village, she must seek them abroad.
-Jane Austen
itscribe
« Reply #1444 on: March 13, 2007 05:16:33 PM »

I live right up the road from you.  Grin

I think Emporium is a name that represents a store - not an individual craftsperson.

Sky Blue Designs
Sky Blue Handmade
Blue Jude
Carolina Sky Designs
Sky Blue Eclectic
Blue Treasures

or something totally made up perhaps?

Don't forget to check if the domain is available if you think you may ever have a website. The cost is minimal enough that you could afford to lock in the name and not use it until a later date.

Good luck - naming is so exciting, yet maddening.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

frozen_peas
« Reply #1445 on: March 13, 2007 05:34:37 PM »

I doubt this is particularly helpful, but I love Elegant Eclectica. If you were to go with your name, I also think J would work better than a whole name. So many businesses are So-and-so's this and What's-her-name's that, and it seems like the names all sort of blend together. Elegant Eclectica isn't one I'd forget. Maybe with By J added. The Sky element is also has a lot of potential, in my opinion.

Good luck with both the name and the business!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MMMmmm... summer.
homebunnyj
Maker of interesting things

Asheville rocks!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1446 on: March 13, 2007 06:40:05 PM »

Ooooh.... What great suggestions, everyone!

I'm not in the best frame of mind tonight to think clearly about this, so I'm copying all of them down in my idea notebook, to be mulled over tomorrow.

Thanks... so much... all of you. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nineightohone

Don't make me come over there!

View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: March 20, 2007 09:16:50 PM »

What about if you massacre the words together...

Judy's Skyporium?

eh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.~

Please come see my Etsy shop! www.notjustpurses.e tsy.com Thanks Smiley
Lisa Mc
« Reply #1448 on: March 22, 2007 11:04:36 AM »

Hi Judy,

In case you haven't already named your business, here are a couple of thoughts.  You might try the wordlab forum if you're still looking for name ideas.  It's at www.wordlab.com 

It actually took me 3 months to name my business.  The best tip I got (if you're trying to decide among a few options) was to make a list of your top ten name ideas.  Give the list of names to your friends and ask them to tell you their top three names.  Then rank the names based on the votes to see what  names are most popular.  I gave each #1 vote 3 points, each #2 vote 2 points and each #3 vote 1 point.

It was actually pretty interesting, because I saw really differences in the preferences of people in their twenties vs people in their thirties (good info for helping to hit your target audience).

I didn't choose the highest ranking name from my market research, but the one I picked was near the top.  Polling my friends really helped me to be more objective and confident with my business name and get over the feeling that if I just researched more, I'd find something I liked more.

Good luck!

Lisa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Business Success Guide for Craft Professionals
www.inspiri-art-and-craft.com
ailurophile

Corduroy pillows - they're making headlines!

View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: March 22, 2007 03:33:17 PM »

Sorry I haven't been online to reply, lots going on with school. Thank you all for helping me out! Like in the variety of replies, I don't know whether to hold on the whole kitty/cat thing or to go with something else because I doubt the ears are going to make it to college, if they do last through high school. Keeping the kitty thing will probably work tho, because I've always loved cats (and all other animals). My work is going to be in a local student gallery again this Sunday and the woman who runs the gallery wants me to make business cards, but I'm still a bit indecisive about the name. Thank you all or the suggestions, though, they are really helpful and inspiring!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to leave this world like I came into it: screaming and covered in somebody else's blood.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 189 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Ink Bottle Tool in Flash CS3
How to Use the Paint Bucket Tool in Flash CS3
How to Use the Quick Selection Tool in Photoshop CS3
How to Use the Step Backward Command in Photoshop CS3
How to Use the Subselection Tool in Flash CS3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...