A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 303,108
Currently Running With Scissors:
709 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: crocheters vs/ knitters swap?  (Read 887 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: May 27, 2009 12:21:31 PM »

personally I crochet and have no idea how to knit, but I love knitted items and would love to recieve some cool knitted stuff. I'm sure a swap like this has been done before but I'd like to start another one. I would love to organize it (it'd be my first time organizing a swap) idk about timing though bc I have vaction at the end of June so I'll be gone for a week.

find your balance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009 05:26:16 PM »

I'm like you - I crochet, but don't knit (and its not for a lack of trying, I just can't get the hang of it). But I LOVE knitted things!

Crochet therapy:

50+ washcloths-along -17/50
Very soon I'm going to graduate to shawls and sweaters!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009 11:37:34 PM »

and sometimes it can be hard to craft for some swaps when your main craft is crochet.

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009 08:41:21 AM »

I think this would be fun...I am the opposite. I knit and love all things that are crocheted. But for the life of me just can't get the hang of it!

'If I wasn't born a woman, i'd have been a drag queen' Dolly Parton

My etsy!
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009 09:07:56 AM »

I would absolutely join this swap! I started knitting when I was 14, and all I could ever make was scarves. I tried making booties, hats, bags, etc., but I was only successful with scarves. Even making those took me FOREVER!

Then I discovered crochet and my world exploded. lol. I find it so much easier to understand and experiment with. Still, though, I love the look of knitted things.

For this swap, though, you would have to think of some way to even out the crocheters and knitters. Maybe you would have to say signups close when there are 10 crocheters and 10 knitters, or something similar.

I'll be looking for signups to open for this one. I really hope you decide to organize it!
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009 10:23:38 AM »

yeah I'm gonna make it an even number of crocheters and knitters. what kind of time frame should there be? (sign ups? how long to craft? send date?) the last week of june I'm going to be on vacation so I would prefer if send out date was either before (or preferably) after that week. and I don't want my package sitting around while I'm gone either. and how big of a swap do we want to make it? I'm not really a fan of point system swaps myself. I'm gonna go do some research on the swap board for ideas.

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009 10:59:57 AM »

how about 1 large item and either 1 medium or 2 smalls and sign-ups till Jun 5th and then send outs July 10th? I'll prolly start this late tonight or tomorrow night because as usual I'm working alot this week  Roll Eyes

Let go of what's already gone..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009 12:01:10 PM »

awesome idea...

I do both but would be interested in something like this..seems like its always more fun to make stuff for other people..haha!!

its ME!!
Soap licking is dangerous..please dont try it at home

will trade some soap for a superhero cape which will be used by the kid in my avatar ^^
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009 12:12:08 AM »

I started this swap!  Grin

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Take Care of Hair Extentions
How to Make Easy Bun Updo
How to Make a Natural Scalp Remedy
How the Weather Affects Your Hair
How to Do Blowout Hairstyles
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Precious Metal Clay
@Home This Weekend: Clever Containers for Cuttings
September 30, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...