A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,077
Currently Running With Scissors:
669 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: We Love our Blythes and Pullips Swap Round 7 (signups closed) (send by 7/13)  (Read 7717 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

McBec27
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2009 01:43:43 PM »

I did indeed get the best partner - I'm sure of it! I can't wait to see what you're making for them all! Cheesy

I finished one thing yesterday. It is so awesome. I think you're going to LOVE it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my etsy!
Check out my wist!
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2009 10:16:46 AM »

Last night my girl got sand-matted and new crimson lips.  Although I'll be repainting them when I get the extender I need to make it look more professional.  I had to paint even though I didn't have everything yet, just because she looked weird without.  I love the way I painted them, and just need to get the extender to level out the brush strokes.  I'll also be re-rooting her with mohair as soon as I get brave enough to scalp her.  I do need to decide what to do for her eyes though.  She lost her eye makeup in the matting process, and I don't airbrush, but I'd rather have something more permanent than chalk pastels.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
FREYA369
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2009 12:07:29 PM »

I've got 2 things finished!  Yay! They turned out really well!  I'm really enjoying making the items.  However, I almost finished a third and it just didn't work out...So, starting from scratch again. I'm not used to working with such small patterns...One pattern has me hemming a microscopic area, gathering, then adding lace.  LOL! I totally lost it.  You should have seen the look on my family's face when I threw a tantrum.  Does anyone have any tips for the micro stuff?  Are you supposed to hand sew?  If so, I'll definately try it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lique
My Motto: If you can't find it, buy another one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2009 10:31:27 AM »

I have completed one thing and have others in the works. I really like working on this small scale. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dreambelle
Beta Sigma Phi

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2009 11:17:27 AM »

I'm having a blast! Only about half of my items are handmade. Every time I make something I'm like "ooooh this little ________ would be perfect with it!".
THIS ROCKS   Logged

McBec27
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2009 12:16:23 PM »

Woo hoo! I can hardly wait for send outs on this! I am already maybe about half done. And this upcoming weekend I don't have much planned so I may possibly be sending early. Not sure. Can't put it off until the last minute as I'm out of town the weekend before send outs. So. Much. Fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my etsy!
Check out my wist!
Im Sew Silly
If you're crafty and ya know it, clap your hands....

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2009 06:50:16 PM »

Im Sew Silly, I've been collecting for just over a year and I got most of my Pullips from pullipstyle.com and a few from thevalleyofthedolls .com.

Thanks!
I have alllllmost saved enough of a stash to get my first pullip, 'brand new purezza'!
its good to know of some places others have had good experiences ordering from online.

Say, those of you who have used pullipstyle, how was their shipping if you remember? like was it expensive? just trying to figure out how much more i need to save for it! lol (i am super excited can ya tell?)

hopefully later on, i will get to join you all with my purezza,....and if the name fits her when she finally arrives, she already has a name haha! it will be revealed later on once she arrives... Wink
thanks yall for all the pullip help and info! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.  ~Albert Einstein

There are many wonderful things
that will never be done
if you do not do them. ~Charles D. Gill
McBec27
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2009 07:22:18 PM »

IIRC, shipping was about $10 from pullipstyle. They are in the US, so it's not as bad as if you're buying from overseas. Um, unless you're NOT in the US. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my etsy!
Check out my wist!
quaisior
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2009 09:52:11 PM »

Another great thing about Pullip Style is that their shipping is really fast. I live several states away from them and I've always gotten my dolls within two days of them shipping. I'm excited for you, Im Sew Silly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Im Sew Silly
If you're crafty and ya know it, clap your hands....

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2009 07:37:19 AM »

thanks so much everyone for the helpful info! I am excited that i am getting a tad closer to getting my pullip as well Smiley If i sell a few more of my crafts at the local store, then i will have enough to get her~ so yay!
I have to admit though, i am so anxious to start sewing her some duds...but dont know what size to go by measurement wise...i have a barbie that belongs to my kiddo, but dont know if her waist and barbies are the same or not, nor the leg length.

ah patience is a vertue i havent mastered quiet yet haha

thanks & hope its been okay that i have asked questions but you all seemed to be the perfect bunch to ask! and so helpful too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.  ~Albert Einstein

There are many wonderful things
that will never be done
if you do not do them. ~Charles D. Gill
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Fishtail French Braid
How to Do a Braid Like Rachel McAdams
What Are Some Good Braid Styles For a Wedding?
How to Do a Braid Like Sienna Miller
How to Do Cornrows
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...