A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
437 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Time to clean my room!  (Read 1426 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mouseatethekitty
« on: May 27, 2009 11:44:29 AM »

It's my day off this week and it's raining outside so I decided to clean my room. Of course when that happens  I always dig up old projects and then end up working on them instead of cleaning, whoops.

In my little University town there is this awesomsauce thrift/consignment shop that buys/sells and trades new or vintage clothing and I found this gem in their dollar bin. I thought it had potential, I lovelovelove the fabric. And if it failed I would  just use the fabric in my scrap rug. This project didn't really take more than an hour.

The original, I think the fabric is adorable but I love what other people find hideously tacky but whatever.

This is what I turned it into, I was going to keep it long and flowy but ended up cutting it shorter because it looked really matronly (channeling my inner Tim Gunn haha) Forgive my shirt, I know it super tight in a bad way haha Sad

Better pic of the skirt? It's pleated if you can't tell.

When I bought it I could tell it was handmade, and hideously see through from the lack of lining so I put in some lining with scrap fabric I had laying around, I think it used to be an old curtain but It serves its purpose. I hope this pic isn't sideways, I tried editing in photobucket but it might have failed me.

AAAAAAAaaaaaannnnnnd a close up of the pattern because I love it so.

So easy peasy recon, I basically cut the top off and shortened the bottom. I think I'm finally moving into a wearable clothing direction, huzzah! Thanks for looking, and have a wonderful day! C&C is most welcome Smiley
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009 11:45:10 AM by mouseatethekitty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

krafty kate
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009 11:54:34 AM »

This is gorgeous! I love the pattern, but I also have a soft spot for bright tacky patterns so I dunno if that means anything ......
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bob Shepherd Talks About The Infidel
Courtney Sheinmel Talks About Positively and My So-Called Family
Missing Max Book Trailer
The Deep Kiss of Winter Book Trailer
Lisa Genova Talks About Still Alice
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...