A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,578
Currently Running With Scissors:
669 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Costume Hell ???  (Read 1232 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ForeverNicole
« on: April 02, 2005 05:48:34 PM »

I have two things i need help with. I am going to a costume party in about 2 weeks and i am wanting to go as a gypsy. Think Esmerelda from 'the hunchback of notre dame'. That is litterally how my costume wiill look. Except different colors. Any way, i have no sewing talents and:

A) i was wondering how/ if it would be possible to take a queen sized sheet & Cut a circle for my waist in the center (and attach elastic or a zipper later) and cut another much larger circle (large enough so it would fall floorlenth). Would that work? That way no sewing would be invovled expect for the zipper, and besides its supposed to be flowy. Would it end up flowy?

B) in the matter of the puffy-sleeved-off-the-shoulder shirt she wore...how do you make those?

And since i am already asking for so much help, how would i make the green corset thing? just a rectangle of fabric around my waist/ stomach? or some pattern?

I would put a pitcure on here but i cant find one so heres a link to one i found at google: http://www.fantasiescometrue.com/PVC/PVCIMAGES/pesme.jpg

Please help...  Undecided with anything, preferably everything. And if there is an existing tutorial here somewhere please link it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
unlikely_redhead
don't give me anythign sharp

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2005 10:48:54 AM »

for the skirt, look for patterns of "gypsy skirts"

the top is a "peasant blouse"

and there's a corest thread running aroudn here somewhere.

(yeh, real helpful, i know Roll Eyes)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pessimism: because i'd rather be pleasently surprised than horribly disapointed
Randommarble

My cat Marble. Make a nice fur coat?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005 02:51:27 AM »

There are a few threads on circle skirts you may want to have a look at, but u seem to know what your doing on that. Puffy sleeves can be made by gathering the sleeve b4 attaching it and you may want to put elastic at the bottom of the sleeve to keep it up like that. You can probably alter the neck line of a pattern or if you want to avoid lots of sewing then buy a t-shirt and cut neck down (if  it frays then you can sew a hem, but I don't think t-shirt material does) to shape and replace sleeves with the puffy ones
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember: To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.

See my website for my products (will post to anywhere in UK at cost of postage and packaging). It is a little out of date due to a server crash. Please email me if you want a custom order
Randommarble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005 03:00:57 PM »

Oh, if you don't mind getting a pattern:

Simplicity pattern 9966
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Remember: To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.

See my website for my products (will post to anywhere in UK at cost of postage and packaging). It is a little out of date due to a server crash. Please email me if you want a custom order
kimmykat
get out of my trash.

take it easy, your wired to detonate.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005 03:27:29 PM »

that simplicity pattern is soo cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

im going to live forever or die trying.
Randommarble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2005 01:20:17 AM »

Yeah, on another thread someone made a green silk off-the-shoulders top out of it. I thought simplicity did have a gypsy pattern but that's how I found it easily. If I can find the thread I will post a link later. Simplicity 5799 is still a gypsy style top but is completely different, for a more modern look (but I'll wear almost anything as long as its not a mini skirt - we have to wear quite short skirts at school and I hate my legs)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ForeverNicole
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2005 03:54:32 PM »

Grin  *OUHH!* You all are so nice. Thank you! Wow, i feel kinda dumb i didnt know that the skirt i was discribing was a circle skirt. Well i am crossing my fingers, and i must go out and buy stuffs to make it. Ouh and Thanks expessialy to randommarble because of the shirt help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Randommarble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2005 10:25:33 AM »

that's no problem, pls post pictures when u've finished if possible. Would  love to see how u get on and what exactly u decide to do
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Spicy Tuna Roll
How to Make Temptura Prawn Sushi Rolls
How to Make Ball Shaped Sushi
How to Cook Japanese Style Sardines
How to Make Cured Mackerel Sushi
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...