A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,136
Currently Running With Scissors:
698 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Scavenger Hunt Gallery  (Read 17023 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #130 on: June 22, 2009 01:58:25 PM »

Itchy:  be careful stopping the naproxin.  It's as much for internal swelling as for pain.  If I were you I'd call the doctor and make sure it's okay to stay off them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: June 22, 2009 02:42:16 PM »

Yeah - my doctor said it's like a mandatory weight loss program - there's no way I won't lose weight!  Most stories I've read about tonsillectomy in adults show an average of 15 pounds lost.  Smiley  I've just put on a bit recently after losing fifteen at the beginning of the year because of having so many episodes of tonsillitis.  I've gone a little overboard with the junk food since I haven't been sick for about a month.  So these surgeries will probably get rid of what I've gained and maybe get me to my goal weight. Yay!
But yeah, not the most fun way of doing it.

I saw the mail truck and thought maybe my package was here..but no such luck. Sad  I hope mine gets to FadingHippie soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
itchyfingers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: June 22, 2009 06:04:23 PM »

gamemom - the original prescription was for tylenol3 - tylenol with codeine for pain.  I can't tolerate codeine, so they prescribed something else that they we found out wasn't safe to take while breastfeeding.  So then we came to the naproxen for pain.  I mentioned to the lady I talked to today that I wasn't taking any pain meds and she seemed to think it was okay.  But now that I am pretty sure it's not the naproxen, I'm going to take it again and see if it helps some of the swelling and pain I'm still having.  We'll see what happens..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
FadingHippie
and God sees a flower...

Ruffles and Pearls... and Anthropologie Delights

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #133 on: June 22, 2009 06:32:33 PM »

I didn't take any pain meds... It's the antibiotics that you can't quit taking...

I'm dental...

If you are still swollen after a few days then call...

ps... i hope you get my package soon too.. you need a cheering up (which it may or may not do  Roll Eyes)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itchyfingers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: June 23, 2009 10:12:51 AM »

I didn't take any pain meds... It's the antibiotics that you can't quit taking...

I'm dental...

If you are still swollen after a few days then call...

ps... i hope you get my package soon too.. you need a cheering up (which it may or may not do  Roll Eyes)
Yeah, that's what I figured based on what I was told.
And I'm sure it will cheer me up.  Just about anything would now. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #135 on: June 23, 2009 11:23:14 AM »

Good, I'm glad you have the option.  I stopped taking the Naproxin after a root canal and I woke up the next day looking like the baby Buzz Lightyear and Jay Leno would have.  It was crazy.  When the dentist heard what I'd done, he lectured me and said I should have known that any time Naproxin is prescribed, it needs to taken for at least 7 days.  He was probably just covering up for something he did wrong that caused all that ridiculous swelling. 

As for the weight loss, it's nice when dark clouds really do have silver linings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldsheepbowl
« Reply #136 on: June 23, 2009 03:13:10 PM »

*still anxiously waiting for her package too*

Mel! The monster pouch is really awesome, and the cameos are so pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mcbenno
Pronounced mc.ben.no, not mc.bean.o ;)

It's a guineasaurus rex!

« Reply #137 on: June 23, 2009 07:33:48 PM »

When the dentist heard what I'd done, he lectured me and said I should have known that any time Naproxin is prescribed, it needs to taken for at least 7 days. 

You "should have known"?!? Did anyone TELL YOU THAT?? Were you given printed aftercare instructions? It DEFINITELY sounds like he's covering something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itchyfingers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: June 25, 2009 01:26:59 PM »

In the middle of one of the worst weeks I've had for a LONG time, FadingHippie's package arrived.  Seriously, I'm in pain and my stomach won't settle down, I have a perpetual headache and my sister-in-law had to have an emergency c-section on Tuesday and her baby is being fed with a feeding tube and is incredibly tiny (4 lb 11 oz and only two weeks early!) - the stress from that situation is not helping with my head or stomach!  I was literally just praying for something good to happen to make me feel better and there it was.  Thanks, FadingHippie!  And thanks to the silly postal system that got it to me late - but exactly when I needed it.

I got some very cool stuff and DID NOT feel gypped, as she was worried about.  So - pictures!

Group shot:

Retro/vintage: vintage bell bottoms and a charm necklace with a peace charm from Woodstock - this makes it officially one of the coolest things I own. Smiley

Something for the child in you: vintage lingerie that looks a bit childish - I agree - the light pink colour and trim at the bottom are a bit lolita. Wink There's also a vintage slip which I think is SO pretty!

Something sweet: funnel cake kit - she said that she thought my kids might like it, and I'm sure they will, but this is seriously one of those things I've wanted for ages and never bought for myself - yay!! I love funnel cakes!

Seasons: a warm, fuzzy crocheted scarf - I love this colour! Our winters here are long and hard, so this is a really great thing to have.

Photograph: lacy frame - very pretty! And Hair accessory: poppy hairpins from my wist in my favourite colour! Also some extras - a very pretty butterfly journal, pop rocks, cute buttons and egg and duck erasers.

Origami: Paper crane t-shirt for my kiddos.  Its a bit big still on my oldest, but actually perfect for a nightshirt for her now.  Heres one of her modeling it for me (please ignore ridiculous mess surrounding her)

Something soft: fat quarters and cut squares for quilting.  Ive just been collecting some squares recently and am determined to make a quilt in the next year when my health is better.  Its great to add to my stash!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, FadingHippie!  It was such a fun swap!  I cant wait for my package to get to you - I really hope it isnt lost.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009 01:30:17 PM by itchyfingers » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
goldsheepbowl
« Reply #139 on: June 26, 2009 03:59:42 AM »

Oh wow! The slip and nightgown are cute!
And your daughter and the tee are adorable! Grin

What is funnel cake?

Oh and thanks Becca for the canned surprise tuts! just bought myself a special tin opener and i'm sure that all my friends and family will now be getting everything in cans Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Tricks to Growing Long, Beautiful Hair
Zac Posen Proves That Crimped Hair Can Be Glamorous at NYFW Fall 2013
How to Create the Blair Waldorf Hairstyle from "Gossip Girl"
DIY Hair Detox For Fuller Hair
Wig-Over With Sherri Shepherd
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...