A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 300,948
Currently Running With Scissors:
556 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Scavenger Hunt Gallery  (Read 17121 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: June 21, 2009 10:27:21 AM »

I absolutely must have a notebook like that for my oldest daughter.  If you don't mind my asking, where did you get the photo's ?  I'm assuming you goggled each author and printed them off the internet but maybe not. 

Love the apron too.  It's actually one of my favorite aprons that I've seen on Craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kayrun
« Reply #111 on: June 21, 2009 12:10:04 PM »

CAN!!!  *throws crushed drink can into ceiling fan and watches everyone duck*
Oh wait. Nevermind.

OPEN THE CAN!   OPEN THE CAN!  OPEN THE CAN!

LOL
This is what I love about this community!  The silliness  Smiley
Ok,
y'all convinced me to go ahead & open the can, and.....
it is the cutest lil polyclay (?) bunny and yes,
he is EATING stew!  teeheee

I was afraid something was gonna pop out of the can like
the old gag of opening a peanut can & a snake pops out?
Anyway, this was MUCH better!
Thanks again for a super pkg, Becca!
(oh, and I had a good chuckle too when I realized we both sent
the same type of notebooks!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #112 on: June 21, 2009 12:17:49 PM »

It is with pleasure I cannot even describe to tell you that my stepdaugther to be has made huge improvements this week.  As a matter of fact, she is right now wearing a little pink blouse, a short skirt, and a tiny pink Taylormade golf cap and riding in a golf cart with her dad and grandpa.  When they get to the green on each hole, she has a little putter and a ball, and she plays.  Mind you, this will totally wear her out and she'll be in bed the instant she gets home (she sleeps SO much since she got hurt), but I can't tell you how ecstatic I am that she has recovered enough to enjoy a Father's Day golf outting with her dad and grandpa.

Beloved will be here next Saturday.  We load the moving truck on Monday and make the move on Tuesday.  I'm not sure what day we'll go to the courthouse and get married (since the wedding got knocked so wonky).  Just everyone please keep praying that nothing else goes wrong.  The latest thing I've been sobbing about is UPS lost my ring.

ITCHY:  How are you doing today?

ETA:  That rabbit is cute, but it's the clever packaging that takes this to new levels! Smiley
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009 12:48:58 PM by Aikibookworm » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
kayrun
« Reply #113 on: June 21, 2009 12:29:39 PM »

That is SUCH great news, Aikibookworm!
So happy to hear she's doing so well....
well wishes coming your way, for sure!
(oh MY on the lost ring.....surely they will be able to track it down?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #114 on: June 21, 2009 12:47:12 PM »

No.  My guess is someone evil saw how much the packet was insured for and stole it to pawn figuring the company could just take a loss.  Luckily, he did insure it, so he'll get a very large check from UPS in a week or two.

It is irreplaceable, though.  *sigh*  He had designed it expressly to fit my tastes and needs, and a jeweler friend of his had custom made it for me.  One of a kind.  The most romantic gesture anyone has ever made for me.  Gone forever.

OK, back to crying.  *sigh*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
gamemom42

« Reply #115 on: June 21, 2009 02:19:23 PM »

I had an insured package go missing for 3 months once and then it turned up out of the blue!  I had mailed by daughters camera and ipod to her (she forget them when she came home for a visit) and they simply disappeared.  The post office was hemming and hawing and had not paid the $800 yet, and the package just showed up in her box at school one day with no explanation.  I don't want to throw false hope your way, but it does happen like that sometimes.

I am thrilled to hear about your step-daughter to be. What a wonderful father's day for your fiance and for all of you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beccas_song
is the craziest song you've ever heard!

Stew anyone?

« Reply #116 on: June 21, 2009 06:12:47 PM »

Aikibookworm- I am SO very happy that things are getting better for you and your family. It will all come together! Still praying for you all.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. The notebook was really easy, but a bit time consuming. Yes, I googled the authors and put all the photos in Publisher (I ADORE Publisher and use it all the time). I decided to make them all B&W and adjusted the color ones. I guessed at how many I'd need, aaaaalmost had enough for both sides. I put a poem about books on the back cover and surrounded it with photos. (And left a space for "your photo here" to give Karen inspiration!) I used modge podge to put them all down. Important note- I put a piece of freezer paper under the front and back covers when gluing the photos. That way I didn't have to worry about glue on the pages. When it all dried, I used scissors to trim the edges and remove the freezer paper.

The apron embroidery pattern is from Aimee Ray's "Doodle Stiching". I love this book!

The rabbit eating stew came from the really weird part of my brain. I was inspired by a post on a blog for using pop top fruit or tuna cans for party favors. Can't find the post to link to it. Sad Was also inspired by the canned stuffed animals you can buy. The canned ham is super cute! Basically, you remove the bottom of the can instead of the top- preferably using the newer kind of can opener that unseals the edge, not cuts into the metal. (I didn't have that kind!). Also, when buying tins to use, check that the bottom isn't rounded on the edges. The rounded ones won't cut from the bottom. So clean out the can, eat the yummy stuff inside, and refill with whatever you want. Then hot glue or tape the bottom back on and make a fun label. That's it! I'm going to be making more for gifts from now on. I'm brainstorming to see what other things I can stuff into cans! Oh, and if the bunny (fimo) seems a little "overdone" it's cause I'm using a new (to me) oven and the temps are off. Grr...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well-behaved women rarely make history. -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
SAHMama
« Reply #117 on: June 21, 2009 07:52:52 PM »

Aikibookworm - so glad to hear things are looking good!

I adore the rabbit (eating) stew can - love the idea! I was really curious so I googled "fruit tuna cans party favors" & found this tutorial: http://craftsonawhim.com/node/82
Not sure if it's the same one you were talking about, but it looks cool & I'm definitely going to have to try it myself! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2009 08:19:44 PM »

Well, today I have a very sick stomach and a sore face.  No bleeding or nosebleeds today, but a nice blue bruise on my right cheek.  I went to church this morning feeling a bit conspicuous...but I don't think anyone noticed my puffy, bruised cheeks unless I mentioned it.  Smiley  I'm now wondering if the sick stomach is from the anaesthetic or the pain meds...so I'm going to stop taking the naproxin and see if that helps.

I love the can!  Such a cute idea - I'll have to look at that tutorial.

Aikibookworm - I'm so glad to hear that your fiance's little girl is doing better!  If you do get married in a courthouse, do something nice afterward so you'll remember it. Smiley  My friends got married in a courthouse and then went out with their families afterward..I know they felt later that the wished they had waited and had a wedding, but they were glad to have some form of post wedding celebration. Smiley   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2009 09:34:12 PM »

My partner Malbert recieved a while ago, but has been super busy so she is having me post picts. So without further ado here are the items I sent to her.

Origami:

I painted this little box pink and gold to match some of the colors in the origami paper that I had modge podged on top. That didn't seem like enough origami to me so I also included two pairs of origami earrings that I made and then covered with modge podge to make a little more sturdy.

Butterflies

Cranes

For the Child in You:

A monster clutch inspired by one on her wists in one of her favorite color combinations.

Something Soft:
Now a little disclaimer. I just barely taught myself how to crochet a few days ago. So these were not made by me, but purchased off of etsy (so they were still handmade  Cheesy).

Penguins and Koala's are two of her favorite animals.

Something Sweet:

A little cupcake pouch and two cupcake hair clips. Inside the pouch were also a few individual packets of swedish fish.

Photograph:

A decorated picture frame in one of her favorite colors.

Hair Accessory:

Head bands from her wist.

Seasons:

Bottlecap magnents. The pink is spring, green is summer, orange is fall, and blue is winter.

Retro/Vintage:

I bought this jewelry holder from Hobby Lobby because I thought the dress and style looked vintage.

Then I made this necklace and bracelet to go with it. Cameos were really big in the early 1900s so I thought that made them very vintage inspired.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Check Out The Healthiest Hotel Food
Weight Watchers Swap and Drop on Turkey Day
Holiday Home Cooking With Paula Deen
Turkey Sloppy Joe Recipe with a Twist
Grub Street Chicago: Table, Donkey and Stick Picks a Chef
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...