A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,871
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Scavenger Hunt Gallery  (Read 17076 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: June 20, 2009 02:35:33 PM »

Wisdom teeth are successfully out..but I'm starting to get nervous because I can't feel my lower lip and chin yet and it's been more than five hours since surgery...which may mean I have a bit of nerve damage...yikes!  I'm also getting nosebleeds...grrrr.  Good thing I have nine days before the tonsils come out.
FicklePegasus - nice action shots - that gaming nightshirt is brilliant!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
kayrun
« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2009 02:55:23 PM »

Good luck, itchy
& try not to worry yet.....I had a filling put in yesterday,
and they told me it would be numb for an hour or 2, and it took
like 4 hours for the numbness to wear off!
Hopefully yours will wear off soon.....

and on a happy note - -
MY PACKAGE CAME!!!!!
Will post pics here in a few minutes....my partner is just fab!!!!

She sent a really detailed letter explaining all of the items - - I feel like I got to know her much better just from reading it!

I have to show you the wonderfully wrapped BOX, as this is something I am just not good at, and am amazed at the creativity involved in making the pkg look good!  Thanks, Becca!

Now, on to the goodies!
First, for Vintage, a wonderful apron that she made herself!  Such nice stitching....I'm impressed!  (sorry for the pitiful bathroom shot)

Next, for Sweet, she made shortbread bites (my favorite cookie!)
and for Seasons, she made a little felt Christmas tree for my collection!  (so darling!)

For the Child in You, she made Canned Rabbit Stew, which I'm almost scared to open, LOL.
And for Origami, she made a neat box w/heart & filled it with neat heart bookmarks!  Love these!

For Photograph, she did the neatest thing!
She covered a composition book with photos of tons of authors, and included a list of them for me to find!  Kind of like I Spy for an adult  Smiley
Isn't it cool?

Then we have Soft, which means yarn (and it is really soft!)
her little 2 yo dd included an adorable tiny card (she wanted to help her mommy!)

Here's the picture of the cute Hair Accessoriesand bunches of extras she sent!

I am really blown away by this pkg, Becca!
Thanks a million!
What a great partner   Grin
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009 03:56:16 PM by kayrun » THIS ROCKS   Logged
beccas_song
is the craziest song you've ever heard!

Stew anyone?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2009 08:09:41 PM »

I received my package too! But before I post pics- I'm so happy you liked everything Karen! I had lots of fun putting it together. I'll add a few notes about the things I sent, cause I'm super proud of it! Lol, the "wrapping" was vinatage contact paper I got at an auction. I have about 8 rolls, and have been wrapping everything in it. I can't believe I picked your favorite cookie. I'm good. Smiley You HAVE to open the can! And post a pic- I forgot to take one!! It's cute, I promise. And look reeeeally close at the label- it's a rabbit (eating) stew! Maybe that will make you less leary about opening it. And finally, I had so much fun making the notebook, I'm making another one for myself! I love the inspiration it gave me, and it made me want to reread all the authors I chose. Some of authors wrote books I didn't particulary even liked (The Scarlet Letter, Invisible Man- high school reading), but I did learn from them. I also laughed when I opened your box and saw we had both sent each other the same kind of notebook! So without further ado, here's the lovely things I got from Karen!

A shot of everything-

Something soft- a bath mitt- perfect for bathing a squirmy wey baby; and a soft headband- I love it! I've worn it two days now and want a bunch more! Most headbands give me headaches if I wear them too long, but this one is so soft and comfortable. It's probably my favorite thing! And also something for the child in you- a silly pink elephant (as she describes it!) that my daughter has claimed as her own. I love handmade toys for my kids.

Photograph- two black and white photos of lily pads that will be framed for my bedroom and some super cute pea napkins. I can't wait to use them for a summer party!

Something sweet- yummy candy- including chocolate popping candy?!?! It's really weird in your mouth, lol. And seasons- some amazing spring leaf pasta that I will be using for a special occasion. I love different types of pasta and have to go through my cookbooks to find a good sauce to go with it.

And finally we have origami and retro. The notebook is so cute! Like I said, I laughed when I saw we had each sent the other one the same kind of notebook! The origami came in a Chinese takeout box Smiley and there is a star, two tiny cranes, and a cute doll.

She also included a strawberry grow kit! I think that's everything! Thanks so much Karen! I had alot of fun with this swap. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well-behaved women rarely make history. -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
itchyfingers

Baby is here - at long last!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: June 20, 2009 08:29:08 PM »

Wow - great packages!  I love the author-notebook idea and the vintage apron (I'm jealous, even though I just got two very cute Pier One aprons from my sister).
Around Easter, we had mini Cadbury eggs that had pop rocks or something in the chocolate - they were really weird!  I wonder if it's the same kind of thing.

I have feeling in my chin and lower lip now!  Yay!  I was worried because the surgeon's office told my husband that if it was freezing, it would take six hours and if it took longer than that to wear off, it was nerve damage.  I don't feel totally normal yet (and definitely have pain that I'm working on managing...hard to really numb it when you can't take most things because of breastfeeding...), but I think even if my lip stayed like it is for a few days, I could handle it..it's just a bit tingly now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Baby number four is here and he's a boy!!  Time to start using all the great stuff I got from a bunch of Craftster friends:
Baby Shower in a Box

Wists
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #104 on: June 20, 2009 08:30:02 PM »

That author's notebook!!!  Oh, I am soooo stealing that idea! LOL

ETA:  Oh, Itchy!  I'm soooo glad you are headed back toward normal.  And, I am very, very, very proud of you for enduring what you must in such a way so as not to compromise breastfeeding.  That is a wonderful, generous act of mothering!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009 08:32:13 PM by Aikibookworm » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
SAHMama
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2009 09:22:34 PM »

I love the notebooks & the apron! So cute  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2009 10:19:10 PM »

Awesome packages. Oh and totally open the can. I want to see what's inside. It looks so intriguing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
mokba43
« Reply #107 on: June 21, 2009 04:36:28 AM »

Wonderful stuff!!!
Open the can! My paw is up for the "open the can" vote!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FicklePegasus

Evil, but in a good way

« Reply #108 on: June 21, 2009 04:58:42 AM »

*starts chanting* OPEN THE CAN! OPEN THE CAN! Grin

I'm glad you're feeling better, Itchy.  I'm sure you're little one will thank you for your dedication Wink

Chocolate flavored pop rocks scare hubby and I, but we LOVE chocolate that has pop rocks in it.  We're weird like that Roll Eyes

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/FicklePegasus

My Baby Cuthulu Blanket was featured on http://geekcrafts.com/
Aikibookworm
Dangerously clever and resourceful.

« Reply #109 on: June 21, 2009 05:28:38 AM »

CAN!!!  *throws crushed drink can into ceiling fan and watches everyone duck*
Oh wait. Nevermind.

OPEN THE CAN!   OPEN THE CAN!  OPEN THE CAN!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Let's hear it for the hippies and the yippies!"
- John Lennon in the song Give Peace a Chance

my wist:  http://www.wists.com/Aikibookworm
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Dramatic Reads: Ryan North
Dramatic Reads: Thomas Zahler
Dramatic Reads: Mark Waid
The Origins of Conan The Barbarian
The Origins of Betty Boop
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...