A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,088
Currently Running With Scissors:
487 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Record bowls, easiest gift ever!  (Read 98774 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , bowl  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SlyGrimalkin
« Reply #300 on: September 09, 2005 09:11:09 PM »

I love the record bowls! I've even seen people make them into little purses, which were cute too. I'll have to make some and use them as goodie bags this year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Amber
« Reply #301 on: September 16, 2005 04:17:09 PM »

Hey,
  I am planning on making a few this weekend. Do you think it would be ok to paint them with acrylic paint? before, or after baking it?
Also, I would like to glue an image over the label in the middle. I think it would be much easier to do before baking, what glue could I use that wouldnt be toxic/smelly while baking?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mableheartscharlie
« Reply #302 on: September 27, 2005 09:05:45 PM »

ahhh ok so i was flippin through channels and i saw how they made like 'real' record bowls that aren't all wavy on top! it's like a machine that holds on to the record puts it into an oven then brings it out and pyramid form rises up and then all the air gets vacuumed out and it's like perfect... who says reading rainbow is for kids!? hahahha now if only you could duplicate that you'll be in business!! but i have to tell you watching it i almost cried there were like rows upon rows of lp's and you could see them sectioned of into beatles and stones etc and you know they don't care if they are scratched or not... sigh guess you have to make a living some how *goes off and cries in corner*  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm one crafty bitch.
epilepticlemur
« Reply #303 on: October 06, 2005 04:30:46 PM »

My first record bowl...woo!  I used the boiling water and hand form method.  I printed my own lable for it.  It's a jitterbug, a logo from where I go swing dancing. 

I can see how these would get addictive, and I have the ultimate source for free records...the dumpster behind this record store.  Most of them are unknown and no one would ever want to listen to or else badly scratched.  I wouldn't want to hurt any good records. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alwaysnblack
« Reply #304 on: October 10, 2005 04:30:47 PM »

I'm interested in the water method??? How?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3
Sad.
« Reply #305 on: October 10, 2005 04:42:33 PM »

I'm interested in the water method??? How?

Put it in a pan of water, let it melt for five minutes is it?  then drain and fold with oven gloves i think. or just fish it out with something if you want to keep the water in case you make a mistake.

always use oven gloves.  they get hot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kristen vs mothra
« Reply #306 on: October 18, 2005 09:39:41 AM »

do you think that the vinyl is so sensitive to heat that if you put a candle in it it would be a problem?  i don't just mean putting a votive in, i mean it as in making your own candles and pouring the wax into a record bowl (with the hole covered, of course.  has anyone had any experience with this?  i think it would make a great gift, but i don't want to end up giving someone a melty mess.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
honorhappy
« Reply #307 on: October 19, 2005 02:58:52 AM »

You know what you could do?  Melt your record over a candleholder (which as we all know could be anything...a vase, jar, etc.)  You'll find jars or vases that will work for this at your local thrift or craft section, if not in your own cupboard.  That way, from the outside, it's a record candleholder, but the inside is suffeciant for the candle to be burnt in. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kristen vs mothra
« Reply #308 on: October 19, 2005 06:42:49 AM »

so smart!  great idea, thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
girlofdashboard
kung foo kick to the FACE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #309 on: October 21, 2005 07:09:41 PM »

i just bought 8 records at two for a dollar... i kind of started experimenting with one and a candle... umm yeah i think i inhaled many toxic fumes and will proably die... but im gunna make these bowls! just as soon as my family leaves me home alone... if they see me putting records in the oven they will think ive gone crazy...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MAURA!!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Straighten Black Hair
How to Take Out a Dreadlock
How to Do Kinky Twist Braids
How to Keep Long Hair Tangle Free
How to Create Curly Hairstyles with Bouncy Curls
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...