ok here is goes....it's kinda complicated to explain, so i took a lot of pictures. if you don't understand just ask and i'll try and explain it better. thanks!!
1. cut out 2 pieces of outside, 2 lining, and 2 for batting if you want it for extra support. i used 16" x 13" dimensions for this one, but you can do whatever you want
2. put the 2 lining pieces together with RIGHT SIDES FACING each other and sew down the sides, leaving the top and bottom open
3. now put your 2 outside pieces together with RIGHT SIDES FACING each other and then put the batting on the outside of each and sew the 2 sides and bottom, leaving the top open
(this is the top side, it should be open)
4. now take your outside pieces that you just finished, and at the bottom corners, match up the side and bottom seams to make a little triangle and sew across
5. now, flip the outside pieces you have been working so that they are right side out and put it inside the lining pieces(the right side of the lining should be facing the right side of the outside. looking at it, you will see the wrong side of the lining material
6. next, get whatever handles you will be using and put them in between the outside and the lining. i usually place them 3.5" - 4" from the side seems. make sure you can't see the handles, that they are underneath the lining!!
(this is what it should look like if you lift up the lining material)
7. now, sew around the top of the bag. (i would recommend going over the handles a couple time for reinfocement)
8. okay now flip your lining right side out to make sure everything looks okay
9. if everything is okay, then flip it back inside out and sew the bottom of the lining living a hole about 3 inches long to pull everything through later
10. now, match up the side and bottom seams of the lining again and make the little triangle like you did for the outside
11. now pull everything through the hole so it's right side out
12. this is what it should look like now
13. to close up the hole you pulled everything through, just sew it like normal at the edge
14. now push the lining into the bag and it should look like this:
15. now just sew around the top to make everything secure and pretty
VOILA!! now you have made your purse!
let me know if any of it is confusing, b/c it took me awhile to get it and these pictures aren't the best. thanks!!