A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: It's time to vote for your favorite swapped project! Smiley  Vote now through Sunday, August 30th!
Total Members: 302,666
Currently Running With Scissors:
436 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fairy Garden Swap Gallery  (Read 4449 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Feywalker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: May 26, 2009 07:16:17 AM »

Welcome to the Fairy Garden Swap Gallery!
I know we are no where near needing this, but I would rather be ready early than not ready in time - and who knows when an early sender may sneak up on me!

We have wonderful items sent and recieved!  Post them here when you get them so we can ooh and ahh

original thread is found here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=302676.0

SENDOUTS:
send outs expected no later than 1 June!

Remember we will be crafting a Package for our partner that has a large, a medium and two smalls items; or you can increase the amount sent if both partners are willing to do more (or if you just want to spoil your partner!) AND you can still send on time.

Feedback will be updated here in the gallery, this is the feedback key, and here you will find your partner's listed:

Sent
Received
Sent and Received
feedback given
late, with communication
Contact organizer immediately
late, with extenuating circumstances and permission

SWAP PARTNERS:

PARTNER LIST:
poyupop <--> imsewsilly
ozarkcat<--> woodland_faerie
Ffrog526 -->Kerallyn
Kerallyn --> Feywalker
Feywalker --> Ffrog526

Remember:

check in on the original thread every week - this WILL count on your feedback as a comment about communications!

if you are in the USA shipping to a USA partner, get a Delivery Confirmation Number (hereafter called a DC#) and if you are shipping within your own country other than USA please provide a tracking number or it's equivalent. If you are shipping to a country other than your own, please provide a custom's number if possible or a copy of the posting receipt.

When you send you must send a PM to both your organizer and your partner with Fairy Garden Swap in the subject line, and when you receive you must send a PM to both your organizer and your partner, and post photographs or at the minimum a description of items received in this gallery! If you can't take photos, please ask your partner to take them before sending!

if you have a question, ask!
there are no such things as stupid questions!
[/color]

« Last Edit: June 08, 2009 09:39:46 AM by Feywalker » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can make that...
woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

Sewing feral faerie creature TEXTURE YUM

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009 06:54:26 AM »

i got a really awesome greenman plaque made out of salt dough, a salt dough faerie bowl with a faerie welcome in runes, some awesome flowering edible plants, a salt dough toad home, and a pentacle dream catcher i loved it all! OOO and a beautiful hand made palm oil candle! AND I met a really cool friend and her daughter was my sons age and they all had a blast! I am so happy i did this swap! Cheesy I made us a yummy faerie garden feast to go with it and the picture of the stump is the measly faerie garden i have right now but hopefully the new handmade gifts will please the fae and want to enchant it more well i must fly now
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Watch out for toadstool rings!
www.wists.com/woodland_faerie
I love personal swaps we can do one with faerie clothing just ask! I've got a vintage fabric for trade
Im Sew Silly
If you're crafty and ya know it, clap your hands....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009 07:28:45 AM »

Your goodies and meeting sound wonderful Woodland! but I cant see your pic as its showing up as a red 'X' thingy.
Yay ~ I am tickled the gallery has now begun! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Exodus 35:35 (NIV)~ He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple, and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers - all of them skilled workers and designers

Current Swaps:
Poppet vs Amigurumi
woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009 07:52:29 AM »

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps we can do one with faerie clothing just ask! I've got a vintage fabric for trade
woodland_faerie
craftie Woodland faerie

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009 07:53:01 AM »

there we go

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Im Sew Silly

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009 08:37:44 AM »

Woodland~ wonderful goodies and yummy looking tasty treats too! I have to say though...I love that mushroom tea/coffee pot set you have there.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Exodus 35:35 (NIV)~ He has filled them with skill to do all kinds of work as engravers, designers, embroiderers in blue, purple, and scarlet yarn and fine linen, and weavers - all of them skilled workers and designers

Current Swaps:
Poppet vs Amigurumi
Feywalker

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2009 09:46:39 AM »

What wonderful stuff.  I love your fairy garden and I want that tea set!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can make that...
Ffrogg526
Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2009 05:41:28 PM »

That  stuff looks fantastic!  I'm rather envious of the green man.  He's pretty awesome.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ffrogg526

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009 04:57:55 PM »

I get home and open the box to discover this!  Huzzah!

The whole kitten kaboodle!

I think this bench is just adorable.  If I were a fairy I would definitely sit here!

Fairy House to hide from the rain in.

The candles in action and below than, not in action.  The jars are painted purple even though they look more pink.

Flower bulbs!  I believe that they are iris or day lilies but I'm not sure - we'll see what they are when they grow and bloom!

A fantastic fairy door that opens into another world!  I want to shrink down and be able to walk through it!

I like this picture because it looks like the fairy door has become the back door of my house.  I didn't plan for it to look like this but I thought it was cool after I took the picture!   Cheesy

Flower seeds to be planted in my garden!  yay!   Grin

The mermaid had a rough trip to Charlotte, NC.  She came out of it with a broken arm and a broken pond.  I think the clay work is fantastic and I'm plainning on super gluing everything back together.  It may not be able to hold water but it could hold birdseed!  Cheesy

All the pieces to the mermaid 's perch that I need to figure out how they go back together.  Some help maybe??   Grin

Thank you soooooo much!  I totally got spoiled!!  I'm hoping that Sunday I'll be able to get out in the yard and start creating a fairy garden space.  I wish I could saturday but I've committed myself to the insanity of taking my chorus students to the local amusement park for music festival for the day!   Shocked  whoo hoo!  Wish me luck!!!    Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Im Sew Silly

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009 05:53:40 PM »

Ffrogg~ what a great package!
All of it looks wonderful and the fairy door is amazing. i love the pic where its like you are looking thru its glass!
they bulbs look like possibly iris? you will have to let us know when they bloom! Smiley

ah..looking at all the goodies is making me want to bring out my labyrinth dvd....i may have to go find it..... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
Poppet vs Amigurumi
Feywalker

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2009 06:12:06 AM »

Bulbs are iris.  Sorry, forgot to tell you. 

On the mermaid, the clear piece goes centered on the bottom as a stand.  The little blue wooden piece is a bowl for fairy food, unrelated.  If you would like, I can make you a new saucer piece.

I'm glad you like everything, and I'm so sorry it got broken, I was worried it might happen and thought I used enough bubble wrap.  Drat!   Embarrassed 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can make that...
Ffrogg526

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009 10:04:41 AM »

I'm going to attempt to glue it back together and seal it again.  I would hate for you to have to make another one.   Undecided  Thanks for explaining the little blue bowl.  I was wondering about that.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aquasnow

Is taking a break from swaps for a while.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009 10:13:31 AM »

Oooo I wish I had done this swap lol  will someone pm me if theres another fairy swap?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am taking a break from swaps for a while.  I am not accepting any personal swaps at this time until around Christmas time.  Sorry for the inconvenience.
ozarkcat
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009 11:49:20 AM »

Well, finally have a couple quiet minutes to sit down - would have had these up earlier, but DH decided about the time that I got home from woodland_faerie's that the remaining sheep needed to be sheared - grump! And now that I've finally got the photo thing figured out  Grin

Had a great time in Joplin making new friends with Erin & Tripp (her son) -

Lisette & he had a great time!

I got a beautiful, big basket of goodies! The basket is soooo coming with me to Lilies War in a week or so!

There was a great fairy apron with lots of seeds - lavender, two kinds of morning glory, money plant and moonflower:

She made the sweetest little fairy chair! I've had to take it away from Lisette a couple times & explain that it IS supposed to stay out in the garden, it IS NOT for her dolls Wink

There was also some great rocks, a shell, a little frog statue and a BEAUTIFUL fairy!

Also some pressed leaves for future crafting and WONDERFUL fairy bells (which have also been taken away from the 4-year-old several times Wink ):

Thanks again, Erin - we do need to get back together again after Lilies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cathi

We do personal swaps:
Handmade soaps, candles, fiber art, and more:
http://mistymanormercers.com/
Feywalker

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009 11:56:11 AM »

That apron is lovely and I love the idea of the fairy bells.  Everything is great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can make that...
Im Sew Silly

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2009 01:42:22 PM »

what fun it looks like yall had!
Love the pics and its so great to see faces to go along with the crafty lovely people on here! the shot of the kids is priceless-hehe they looked like they rather enjoyed themselves! Cheesy
The bench is adorable! i can see why your little one is trying to make off with all of your goodies  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
Poppet vs Amigurumi
Ffrogg526

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2009 03:15:07 PM »

Everything looks fantastic!  I love the basket and the fairy.  I think the fairy is just amazing!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

poyupop

Master Craft Disaster!

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2009 11:12:27 PM »

WOW everything I have seen is absolutely wonderful. The fairy door is fantastic... and a great picture with it looking like part of the house.

I received my package from Im Sew Silly... I got it yesterday... had issues with my camera. (poor excuse) Today we have had a tornado warning. My lights flickered on and off and have been a wee bit worried about turning the computer back on. Right now I am using the DH laptop (work use only... some how the begging worked) unfortunately certain uses are not allowed. So I am left with just checking e-mail and craftster. Also with a watchful eye that I may not use it for searching the web for mature content. GAH!

All photos will be up tomorrow!

Thank you Im Sew Silly for the ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL PERFECT package! I hope you like mine as much as I love yours!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
poyupop

Master Craft Disaster!

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2009 07:26:52 PM »

This is going to be image heavy. LOL... When the skies are clear I will be able to put in a nice photo of the garden. Smiley

I received my package from Im Sew Silly... and it is the sweetest package. I love it.

I heard that this has a little engine in it that makes it go... When i figure out how to start it... I will be chasing the dog around the house with it. LOL The details are much better in person, and it will look nice in the flower beds.

This little fairy home is super sweet! I love the bright colors and the little bird on top!

I have seen Im Sew Silly's burn work before, however in person is a different story. She did a great job, and I am very impressed! The image with the fairy is particularly beautiful... she is wearing leaves...

Inside there was herb seeds and sterling silver jump rings. (I run to the store constantly for these things... the rings that is) Also those plastic beads that melt together... I forgot what they are called. LOL

and last but not least... my favorite. DH has it sitting on his desk. Im Sew Silly's daughter helped her paint this. I adore it... and I smile when I see it.

Thank you so much Im Sew Silly... I love it all and it will be a nice addition to the garden.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Im Sew Silly

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2009 11:06:39 AM »

Poyupop I am so pleased that you like your goodies!
the wheelbarrow doesnt officially have a motor, but for some reason when my kiddo pushed it around it had one! hehe
those plastic beaded thingies are 'fairy stepping stones' made from perler beads. Smiley

Did the glass fairy candle/seed chime make it okay? I hope it didnt break during the trip? (lol, I knew i would eventually find a use for that extra easter grass! makes great packing material!)
I think i got a snapshot of it incase its needed.

I am so happy you like it all and kiddo had a blast helping me make the fairy things for you. This has been such fun!!!

and I RECEIVED MINE TODAY FROM YOU AND  ~~~~~WOWZA!!! I am tickled pink!!!!~~~~ thank you sooo much!
Pics will be in here by tonight! hehe- I am having to chase kiddo down to try to get some pics cause she saw certain items and ran with them! haha Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
Poppet vs Amigurumi
poyupop

Master Craft Disaster!

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2009 04:53:22 PM »

OMG... I knew that I forgot something. Unfortunately I am out of town, but first thing when I get into town, I will post it. Smiley

I am so happy you like the package... I have been worried!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Im Sew Silly

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2009 08:10:21 PM »

i received today!!! and here they are~ all the wonderful goodies Poyupop sent to myself and my little kiddo.
first i will start with she sent me an awsome embroidered fairy shirt! i love the design and its going to fit nicely too!

she knew i loved some material she had shown me before, so she sent me some! i am going to have to think long and hard before i cut it! arent the snails too cute!?

next she crochet me a cute little gnome fella to hang up! lol, she said he looks like an angry santa, but i dont think so!

she made/hand painted the cutest little play set peg fairies and kitchen set! kiddo and i both loooove these! so creative ~! we have been playing with them already..they were checking out the area and seeing how thier furniture would fit hehe

and last but CERTAINLY not least, she made my kiddo the sweetest doll to play with where ever, outside, inside...totally washable...and that was an awsome thing!
my kiddo has named her ' Paige' and upon seeing her in the box she grabbed her up squeezing her and has been toting her around ever since! she took her to slide, swing, tried to give her pizza, drink, and even tried to let Paige drink from the water hose! lol, and when it came to wading pool time, you guessed it,,,paige went in too......haha
this picture was taken while they were taking turns on the slide...kiddo was letting Paige go first and was saying as this was being taken "you ready?" lol

Poyupop thank you SOOOO MUCH, we adore it all and are having great fun too! you nailed our likes to a T! and i know the fairies will love that we have such fun playing in thier garden Smiley  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
Poppet vs Amigurumi
Kerallyn

Shiny. Let's be bad guys.

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2009 07:40:40 AM »

Wow, I can't believe it took me so long to find the gallery :p  I received my package from Ffrog, and it's lovely, but it'll probably be another day before I can get pics posted...

Poyupop, that snail fabric is amazingly cute!  do you have any more of it?  If so, would you be willing to do a personal swap for it?  My daughter would die for something made out of that!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009 07:41:10 AM by Kerallyn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Kerallyn
I dare to love forever

I need to destash a ton of yarn and fabric.  Send me a PM if you'd like to do a personal swap for some.

I really want the (empty) glass skull bottle that Crystal Head vodka comes in, so PM me if you're willing to swap me one!
poyupop

Master Craft Disaster!

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2009 10:33:11 PM »

Wow, I can't believe it took me so long to find the gallery :p  I received my package from Ffrog, and it's lovely, but it'll probably be another day before I can get pics posted...

Poyupop, that snail fabric is amazingly cute!  do you have any more of it?  If so, would you be willing to do a personal swap for it?  My daughter would die for something made out of that!

Im Sew Silly, I am happy you loved the package and the dolly was named so quickly. I will have to send you the pattern for more clothes.

Kerallyn,
Unfortunately I took the last of what they had. I gave Im Sew Silly half of the yard that I was able to nab. It is Michael Miller Fabrics, By Amy Schimler. The name of the fabric is Creature Critters.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Feywalker

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2009 06:08:53 AM »

I recieved my awesome package from Kerallyn.  At the moment my camera is still AWOL.  Grrr, I think Squishy had it so there's no telling where I'll eventually find it.  I did spend Sunday getting everything  up in the Fairy Garden and doing a bit of weeding (the weeds are past the point of taken over, they're mostly what the garden is currently made of.)  Kera - my daughter ran around all day sunday with the necklace on looking for Fairies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can make that...
Kerallyn

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2009 07:28:32 AM »

Fey, I made one for my daughter too, and she does the same thing Smiley  I'm glad you both like everything and I'll post pictures for you later today when after I take pictures of everything Ffrog sent me Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Kerallyn
I dare to love forever

I need to destash a ton of yarn and fabric.  Send me a PM if you'd like to do a personal swap for some.

I really want the (empty) glass skull bottle that Crystal Head vodka comes in, so PM me if you're willing to swap me one!
ozarkcat
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2009 09:02:06 AM »

Awww, the embroidered fairy's so cute - I'd love to steal the design for something for DD Wink The play kitchen's pretty imaginative, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cathi

We do personal swaps:
Handmade soaps, candles, fiber art, and more:
http://mistymanormercers.com/
Feywalker

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2009 09:49:08 AM »

Organizational Note

I will start posting feedback on those that have posted pictures hopefully this afternoon.  If you need your feedback ASAP so that you can join another swap, please let me know.

- Back to our regularly scheduled Fairy Garden awesomeness
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can make that...
Feywalker

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2009 12:16:47 PM »

Alright - If you've posted pics already you should have your feedback listed. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can make that...
Kerallyn

« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2009 02:58:56 AM »

Ok, here are the things that Ffrogg526 sent to me:

fairy gazebo/birdhouse:

moss-cushioned fairy chair:

adorable fairy door:

Some things for inside:

river rocks, some some beautifully colored:

seeds for the garden:

card made from seeded paper

Thank you Ffrogg526!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Kerallyn
I dare to love forever

Kerallyn

« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2009 03:12:19 AM »

And because Feywalker's camera is AWOL, here are my pictures of the things I sent her:

A bird/fairy house:
Front:

Back:

One side:

The other side:

A poly-clay fanciful toadstool ring:

A shrinky dink garden sign:

An "enchanted" stone to look through to see fairies:

wire-wrapped shinies for the garden:

Some extras; fairy note cards, a couple pewter fairy figures, and some glass stars to make fairy stepping stones:

I'm so glad you guys like everything Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Kerallyn
I dare to love forever

Feywalker

« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2009 06:59:25 AM »

Kera, I'm so sorry I didn't post my thoughts to go with the pictures sooner!  We've had vehicle issues at my house and I haven't been near a computer (except my phone) in days.  so here goes.

First, the fairy house - Isn't it beautiful (even better in person) It's now in my tree. 

The mushrooms!  Aren't they great.  Squishy caried them around for two days before we got a chance to put them into the fairy garden and she had to put them in, I wasn't allowed to do more than help. 

My favorite is the sign, which is hanging with my planters on the shepherds's hook.  And the metal wrapped glass is hanging on the fence, I love the way they catch the light (as well as the star glass fairy stepping stones).  the little metal fairies are too cute, we got a shelf and Squish is painting it so we can put them out into the garden on the fence.

Everything is so wonderful, thank you so much Kera, Squish and I were so excited.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can make that...
Kerallyn

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2009 07:35:12 AM »

that's wonderful, Feywalker, I'm you guys are enjoying everything Cheesy 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Kerallyn
I dare to love forever

Im Sew Silly

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2009 07:45:27 AM »

Ah what wonderful things! its quite hard to pick favorites from everyones packages as we all got such awsome goodies!
this has been a fun swap!! thanks feywalker for organizing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
Poppet vs Amigurumi
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
VF NEWS: Antonio Marras - Fall 2015 - Milan Fashion Week - Runway & Interviews
The Easiest Fishtail Braid Tutorial Ever
10 Hair Masks Under $10
VF NEWS: Taoray Wang - Fall 2015 - NYFW - Backstage, Runway & Interviews
How to Clean Your Makeup Brushes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Paint Cans
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Flannel Hoodie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...