A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,509
Currently Running With Scissors:
559 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little House on the Prairie/Pioneer Swap Gallery  (Read 11199 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yardenxanthe
« Reply #90 on: July 10, 2009 07:57:33 PM »

Great package!! I love the stationery!

Woo, great swap everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ohsweetie
« Reply #91 on: July 11, 2009 01:48:28 PM »

Hi! I just got off an airplane and came home to a glistening swap box and WOW!! Camelama you are my hero! I'm happy I could make you happy and sorry that there's no photos in this post: I'm not sure where my camera is but I'll quickly describe everything (I love all of it!!) and Camelama has photos, I think, if she beats me.

1. food! a yummy Pearson's salted nut roll, snacks from the good ol' days: and farmer's popcorn cob: i'm a sucker for kitschy popcorn.

2. Sweet colonial/monarchy postcards and a card of a painting of horses (these are great and so cute, btw!!)

3. two tote bags that have oregon trail print outs on them that say, 'ohsweetie has died' or 'ohsweetie has measles' LOVE THEM!

4. an indian princess muffler, i'd definitely say my favourite.

5. a cute wagon charm bracelette.

and 6. a cowboy tote bag with a wagon lining.

I WAS SPOILED!! hands down. Thank you so much camelama! I love the whole kit and caboodle and i loved this swap (despite me taking forever, oi!!)

xoxox diandra.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

in the words of richard brautigan,
"i'll love you and be your catfish friend!"

oooh, i do personal swaps too!

http://d-funk.blogspot.com
camelama
« Reply #92 on: July 11, 2009 04:13:28 PM »

YAY!  Ohsweetie and I went kind of "inspired by" the swap theme rather than strictly wagon train only, which was fine with both of us. (Great partner matching by the organizer!!)

Here's a few pics of the stuff I sent to her...

The postcards, she likes Royals so I made the royals saying things like: "Let's emigrate to BC!""Wagons Ho!"; "Do wagon trains need Queens?"; "Go West Young Woman", etc

I made her a muff, using this embroidered fabric and some brown fun fur fabric and with a tied strap (to use with or without the strap), to match the "Indian Princess" theme she mentioned.  One Christmas the Ingalls got a box from back east of hand-me-downs, and Laura got a muff from that box and was so happy.

Then I found these adorable little wagon train charms, and harmonica charms, so I made a charm bracelet for her for her love of things "kitschy".  Smiley The wheels on the wagons actually move! 

Then I made her a messenger-bag, with a cowboy exterior and a wagon train interior.  Smiley

The cat just HAD to get into the shot again:

And again...

And the bags with the Oregon Trail game screen shots, with horrible things happening to 'ohsweetie':

And I sent her some postcards with the screenshots.  Hee. 

Which reminds me, ohsweetie, I can email you those screen shots for your own use, too!  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009 04:32:57 PM by camelama » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
ohsweetie
« Reply #93 on: July 11, 2009 07:05:55 PM »

i can't even contain my excitement about how much i love all the crafted things i got. the muffler, even after re going through everything and showing it off to my mans, is my favourite. We both tried to play the harmonica charms, too!! haha.

love!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

in the words of richard brautigan,
"i'll love you and be your catfish friend!"

oooh, i do personal swaps too!

http://d-funk.blogspot.com
beccas_song
is the craziest song you've ever heard!

Stew anyone?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #94 on: July 11, 2009 09:05:35 PM »

Oh my goodness, what a great package! I love love love the charms! Where did you get them?? Are they vintage/one of a kind, or is there a source you might be willing to share? Also love the screenshots bags! I'm gonna sound really lame, but I have no idea how to take a screenshot, much less print it off onto an iron on! I suppose if I asked my hubby... What a lovely box. Yay for modern pioneers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Well-behaved women rarely make history. -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
camelama
« Reply #95 on: July 11, 2009 09:32:35 PM »

Sure I'll share my source!  I found them on etsy, quite a few people have them, and I saw them on ebay and other sites too. Just search on etsy, in supplies, for covered wagon charm.

As for the bags, at fabric stores and craft stores you can find paper made specifically for this kind of thing!  You print out the image (the kind I used said you could even just draw right on it with markers, too) right on this special paper in your inkjet printer, remove the backing, iron it onto the fabric! It's that easy!  You can get actual fabric to print on, too, and I think you can also "DIY" with freezer paper (but I haven't done that method yet, as I had this stuff on hand anyway). If you'd like I can dig out the brand name of the stuff I used.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving!" - Auntie Mame

How are things in Glocca Morra?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Create a Headband Braid in 5 Easy Steps
How to Create an Undone Updo
How to Create Grunge Inspired Hairstyles
How to Create a Braided Bun
Blondes Vs. Brunettes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...