A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 307,562
Currently Running With Scissors:
406 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Decorate my themed room swap?  (Read 1791 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Hellga
Shiny and Cool!

^ Dumbo Octopus ^

View Profile WWW
« on: May 24, 2009 03:20:28 PM »

Maybe this is a bit "out there" but I've seen swaps like this before, and they looked like alot of fun...

I, for example, have a bathroom that is ocean themed, but very specific. It's hard to find stuff to go in it. I also have a kitchen that is retro 50s red and aqua themed. I would LOVE to get some crafted stuff for them! Someone else might have a room that is all black and white, or a craft room that has a specific color scheme, etc.

Each person could make 3-5 items for their partner's room (or rooms) of choice, following the room theme. Examples: embroidered towels/dishcloths, picture frames, jewelry organizers, soap saver, decorated clock, recipe card box...The possibilities are endless!

Anyone else think a swap like this would be fun?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the unofficial craftster chat! Click Here! Alternatively, using IRC, join server irc.aniverse.com and then join the #craftster channel!
Personal Swaps: I am looking for wool yarn for crocheting and felting. Want to swap?
MandyLikesPie
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009 05:03:26 AM »

I really like this idea! My rooms have really specific color schemes and themes, and I don't usually like asking people to craft for the rooms because I feel like I'm being too picky/demanding and telling them exactly what to make. But it sounds like that would be the point of this swap!  Cheesy I'll keep an eye on this thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrAfTer21
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009 04:52:16 PM »

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A dream is a wists your heart makes
http://www.wists.com/crafter21
feelix

I love Crazy!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009 01:37:54 AM »

Dig the idea.... Who's organizing?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm back from a long break. WOOT!
Proxima
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009 01:17:39 PM »

I'd totally love to participate! *getting addicted to swapping* My room is rococco/victorian themed and getting stuff like that in middle Europe can be a real pain. On the other hand, I love also other styles so I'd love to craft something completely different for someone with another type of room Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Walking through the glass of mirror,
going to most distant star,
looking for the higher tenor,
journey leading far and far.
Hellga
Shiny and Cool!

^ Dumbo Octopus ^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009 03:53:07 PM »

Just piping back in to say that I'm glad you all like the idea...but I unfortunately can't organize a swap right now (possibly ever) because I have too much else going on. If someone else wants to offer to organize, that would be great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the unofficial craftster chat! Click Here! Alternatively, using IRC, join server irc.aniverse.com and then join the #craftster channel!
Personal Swaps: I am looking for wool yarn for crocheting and felting. Want to swap?
DragonFly4
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009 08:07:02 AM »

I would totally be in. I would even be willing to organize it depending on when we decide to do it. It would be my first time organizing. I think I will be able to after my 2 partners receive their packages I am shipping out today, then I will have 3 swaps under my belt, plus another one done in a week and a half.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
http://dragonflyflittings.blogspot.com/

my wists
http://wists.com/Dragonfly4

Interested in Personal Swaps- especially if you can quilt my quilt tops to batting an
PepsiTwist
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009 10:18:03 AM »

Ohh I like this idea!! Grin Keepin my eye out for it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edwards1
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009 02:36:27 PM »

I really like this idea. My room is red, black and white mostly with a lot of Twilight splashed in there. Im in but cant organize!  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists:http://www.wists.com/blabla

Deathly Hallows Pt. 2!

Top Wishlist (at the moment):
Bella's gloves, La Push hat, Weasley Sweater, and Eclipse hat. Also, a yarn bowl!

Going to Wizarding World soon, and in need of some swag! A bag to carry stuff that is HP while there would be AMAZING
valsped

Can you guess my real name from this?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009 07:54:43 PM »

I'd also love to join! I'm working on a forest themed living/craft room and a general natural bathroom... but black, tan, grey, and white colors (and silver fixtures).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am addicted swaps, including personal swaps!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Holiday Bingo
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Kitty Floss Holders
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: DIY Dryer Sheets

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...