A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,799
Currently Running With Scissors:
743 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lets See Pics of Tattoos You Designed!  (Read 111145 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suereal
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Im not crazy about reality, but its still the only place to get a decent meal-Groucho Marks

Only the curious have something to find.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #160 on: July 20, 2010 08:13:50 PM »

I designed this for my husband after a shirt I had done for him. He got it tatted about 8 or 10 years ago (it needs re-inking).  It was done by Art at Funhouse Tattoo.
http://funhousetattoo.ca/history.html

It's a Happy Face Brain Skully tatt
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To all past swap partners....If something I made you fell apart in some way, it would be helpful to me if you PMed me and told me about it.  Sometimes, I try new things, and if they fail, it helps me to know
TBickimer
« Reply #161 on: July 20, 2010 09:12:19 PM »

This is my newest tattoo designed by me.

It is a tree of life... but it is me.
If you look at it - the trunk of the tree is in the shape of a woman's body.
Below that in the white, is my husband's name AL (alan)
The roots actually form the letters of my children's names - Kelsey and Jordan.

In the tree, there are flowers, cat, bat (because I love halloween) a spoon (because I cook like crazy), a cross (like a 'red cross' cross - because I'm a nurse), a keith urban monkey (Nabru - because my daughter and i go on Keith Urban Road trips) - a Kokopelli (because he is my 'protector' and i have 4 other tattoos of him), an anatomical heart (my daughter has had 4 open heart surgeries) ummm.. what am i missing??  Sort of like the old "search and finds' from the Highlights magazines?

Nonetheless, this is a tattoo of my life or who I am, my strength and roots come from my family and the leaves are supported by them..

I hope that makes sense.. and I love it. It's only a week old and looks a little 'dry' but it will heal up just fine.

Tammy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftydebs

Just too busy being fabulous!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #162 on: July 21, 2010 04:11:12 AM »

This is so beautiful.  I am so sorry for your loss and hope that one day you have lots and lots of babies.

After my fourth miscarriage 2 years ago, I came up with an idea for a new tattoo.  I asked my sister to draw it up for me and she never did, so fast forward a year and a half later at my 6th miscarriage a friend at work made up my tattoo for me.  Well, 6 months later my best friend had a friend come to my house to finally give me that tattoo, for free, turns out my original simple design is what I went with instead of the detailed one my co-worker designed.

Ribbon is for pregnancy/infant loss awareness and butterflies are the symbols of lost children, hence my 6 butterflies!  I love this so much, perfect!

You can see in the first picture part of the tattoo on my shoulder.  My best friend and I have matching tats, they are the Claddagh with a celtic knot band on either side.  We designed this ourselves during a tattoo expo in Pomona, CA about three years ago.  Here is a picture of it after the three year old (best friend was pregnant at the time of the tattoo) drew on my arm with markers, you can see the tattoo through the markers.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2010 06:16:13 AM by kittykill - Reason: Quoted image » THIS ROCKS   Logged

May you be in heaven for thirty minutes before the devil even knows you are dead.- Old Irish Toast

http://wists.com/craftydebs
Aislynn
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 21, 2010 05:55:34 AM »

That tree is amazing.  The body and the name are clear, yet at the same time, very subtle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewers are for ninja turtles--seamstresses are for sewing Wink

My wist!  http://www.wists.com/aislynn
Feast Your Eyes
People are entitled to their hobbies, and I'm entitled to think those people are creepy. - Raylan Givens, Justified

Serial Craft Dabbler

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #164 on: July 21, 2010 06:31:53 AM »

Tammy, that is exactly the type of tattoo I love- the ones that have layers upon layers of symbol and meaning. Great job! Plus it's beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Honored to be a J&T Featured Member

Vintage sewing patterns and unique jewelry at
Sinners' Feast
slaurentea
« Reply #165 on: July 21, 2010 10:31:56 AM »

Everyone's tattoo on here are so beautiful! i've been lurking for a very long time here looking at all the amazing things you guys do and thought i would add my own.

i've done a couple of drawings that i turned into tattoos, two on me and one on my kindaexgirlfriendwe'reonabreak person. Undecided

This was the first one i got that i really invested time into designing. It has my senior quote and Rilo Kiley Lyric "All of your Failures Are Training Grounds" my artist Dan Sanrio added some of his own flair.He kept my drawing so i don't have a pic of the original, but it's pretty close to what i had drawn. It's a wrought iron dress form with two birds that i drew directly from still's from Snow white. this arm will eventually be turned into a fairytale/music sleeve

This is my other big-ish one. I promise the words are much more legible in person, that pic was when it was still new and sticky. It say's "You are What You Love, Not What Love's You Back" another Jenny Lewis lyric.

This is what i drew upon the request of my girlfriend at the time, It's a lyric from Tegan and Sara's "Nineteen" and the music notes are a section from a Missy Higgins song "The Special Two"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: July 26, 2010 04:01:30 PM »

Hey everyone, just a reminder about the quoting pictures rule, since it seems to come up a lot on this thread since there are so many awesome pics here. If you quote a post that contains a picture, please be sure to remove the tags that say [img ] and [/img ] so the picture does not show up, only the link remains. Thanks so much!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010 04:01:57 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 5/21

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
mustachio
Sardonic Oxymoronic Lady (now with vegetables!)

I was riding shotgun in imaginary cars.

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 30, 2010 10:10:21 AM »

THIS ROCKS   Logged
gamemom42

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #168 on: July 30, 2010 10:14:22 AM »

I love your tats!  I rarely love a tattoo enough to comment on it, but I adore these.   I wish I had thought of that while I still had pretty knees.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*katiequince*
« Reply #169 on: August 04, 2010 06:21:12 PM »

I've always been fasicnated with head tattoos, and while talking to my tattoo artist at a bar he told me he would love to do it for me on the cheap! It turned out awesome. Here it is:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Paper Mache Ganesh
The Moveable Type Installation at the New York Times Lobby
How to Make Clay Murals with Joe Brenman
Meet Ice Sculptor Takeo Okamoto
How to Make an Ice Sculpture
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...