A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
509 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lets See Pics of Tattoos You Designed!  (Read 114013 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Iokken
« Reply #140 on: May 25, 2010 08:35:30 AM »

I designed my tattoo and had an amazing tattoo artist change as he liked. I do not have the original drawing, because I forgot to ask for it back. Originally I had drawn musical notes around the dragonfly, but the pro thought it would look a mess, so he did something else : ) it was a pleasure to have, but a pain to get I cried xD do not get tattoos on your back, at least not the first! My neck was sore for like a month...

just for size...

...even though I chose something not provocative my mum still thinks I did this to piss her off... no pain this great is worth going through just to piss someone off!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: May 25, 2010 10:13:17 AM »

Love that Rainbow Bright! I too was a huge fan. I might still have a sprite somewhere.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Le Mieux
« Reply #142 on: May 25, 2010 10:17:35 AM »

...even though I chose something not provocative my mum still thinks I did this to piss her off... no pain this great is worth going through just to piss someone off!

lol, i had the same from my mum after all my piercings and tattoos (i got kicked out the house after getting a lip piercing!) but after a while she calmed down and now 'loves' hearing what i'm planning next (she still gets in the odd complaint but now realises i do it for me, not just to piss her off) and even shops for jewellery with me  Smiley

beaut tattoo! i love the placing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people

http://www.wists.com/harbles
http://miss-chlo.blogspot.com

UK Swap - sent!
Bellazeus

Crochet pattern illiterate.

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 25, 2010 04:03:06 PM »

Awesome tat... but there seems to be some serious bruising around your neck and back? or is that just ink rubbed off?
im hoping its ink!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seriously in awe of the craft stashes that are on this forum.
I bow down to your awesomeness.
RainbowStars
« Reply #144 on: May 26, 2010 02:26:04 AM »

my mum was the same with the first tattoo i got, by the third (rainbow brite) she'd warmed to them Grin, even took here to a tattoo comp! i won some prizes too.
the cost and pain are too much to just get them to piss someone off, and a little bit too permanent. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: May 26, 2010 12:56:43 PM »

Seems the consensus is that after the initial shock, moms warm up to the fact that the tattoos are just a way to express ourselves.  My mother didn't speak to me for 2 weeks after getting this.  (Sorry for my extremely geeky white behind.)

She came around and even loves the idea and sentiment of my recent tats.

Ya'll make me want more ink! I really like the dragonfly Iokken. I've been thinking about getting a medium sized tattoo on the middle of my upper back... I've had 5 so I might be able to power through the pain. Maybe take some ibuprofen before?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Iokken
« Reply #146 on: May 27, 2010 05:55:31 AM »

Awesome tat... but there seems to be some serious bruising around your neck and back? or is that just ink rubbed off?
im hoping its ink!!

this picture is taking by my tatto artist right  after he finished and right before he put the "bandage" on, so yes, its just ink Smiley

v3nu5: Iburofen would make me fall a sleep xD but maybe that would have been an advantege Tongue

thanks for all the flattery ^_^ I love my tatt
THIS ROCKS   Logged
holandricon

Crafty Bristolian

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 04, 2010 02:38:34 AM »

Hi there, I have three tattoos, my makers mark on my back and a knit/purl ambigram on my forearm but my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE are my antlers! I have always wanted antlers and they have great significance for me that would tkae pages to write, but lets just say I feel complete now that I have them. I designed them myself, spent a good year getting them right and deciding what colour to have. THe lovely people at Holey Skin in Bristol made my antler dream come true! Its not the best photo but I can't get hold of my camera right now. SOrry aobout the stupid face  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mmh5
« Reply #148 on: June 04, 2010 02:26:21 PM »

I got this tattoo almost a year ago. Its a bass clef and treble clef note that form a heart. Music is one of my other passions.

http://tinypic.com/r/2150bxi/6
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #149 on: June 08, 2010 04:48:54 AM »

Well, to faint after that small ink is hilarious. I'm laughing with you. Now... are you ready for another? I know I am. My first was at 54 this past Halloween and I'm thinking one a year.

I have to laugh everytime I tell it to someone. Well, first I tell it, then do the reveal, and it goes from there. Another? Physically, yeah, but I'm not really sure what I would want. Definitely not one a year, I couldn't come up with enough tattoos (unless i go sooner than average).

Yeah, I was reading your story and all the while thinking, " man, how big is her tattoo" then when I seen the picture my mind went blank for a bit and I was like "fainted?  After that?"  Well, everyone handles pain/tattoos differently.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-I give up on making TOL pendants.  If anyone would like to have my stone chips, wire and ect.  I would gladly trade it all for some knitting/crochet stuff.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Play Beer Checkers
How to Play Snap
How to Use the Ouija Board
How to Prepare for a Scavenger Hunt
How to Appreciate the Value of Novelty Gadgets as Gift
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...