A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,555
Currently Running With Scissors:
754 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lets See Pics of Tattoos You Designed!  (Read 110642 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lovesclutter
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Nothing is safe in its native form.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: March 31, 2010 09:41:01 AM »

That is a very good rendition of young Elvis, and I LOVE that ankle tattoo. HOW CRAFTY.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010 09:41:30 AM by lovesclutter - Reason: typo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
whoami7891
« Reply #121 on: April 04, 2010 08:33:21 PM »

I had wanted ink for a long time. (Once, three years prior to this one, I went in with the intention of getting a tat, but did not because i was in a lifeguarding class for a university PE credit and would have to be in the pool before the two-week period was over. Ultimately I'm glad that happened, cause I wouldn't have liked it after getting it.) My senior year of college, I had a dream that I was getting this tattoo done on my inner left bicep and thought, "that story is just random enough, and it would be small enough to cover while working at camp for the upcoming summer. Perfect." So I rounded up three friends and used my tax refund to get ink.

I took out my journal and drew it out at the shop and handed it to the guy at the desk. He laughed when he saw it and showed it around the shop. He copied it and I went into the room. Sanitized my arm, and four-ish minutes of the most excruciating pain I've experienced later, I was done. I walked across the lobby, put my right arm on the door frame and blinked. When I opened my eyes, I felt like I had just taken the most restful nap of my life and there were people over me, ice on my forehead, asking if I was ok. Apparently, I said "I don't feel too good" and fell forward. my friends thought I was joking until my head hit the couch and then the ground (I guess my theatre major paid off somehow, haha) I took a breather and we left. I spent the rest of the day feeling sick to my stomach, but it was worth it. Plus, I like the story and events that unfolded, so it was a plus in the end.

Enough story time, right?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovesclutter

« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2010 07:44:57 PM »

Well, to faint after that small ink is hilarious. I'm laughing with you. Now... are you ready for another? I know I am. My first was at 54 this past Halloween and I'm thinking one a year.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a split personality, because you guys crack me up.  AND The best day I ever had was TODAY!
Lo{ve}
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2010 07:49:50 PM »

My first was at 54 this past Halloween and I'm thinking one a year.

excellent idea  Cheesy i got two while i was 18, 1 at 19, now i'm starting my sleeve so a lot at 20  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whoami7891
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2010 04:22:27 PM »

Well, to faint after that small ink is hilarious. I'm laughing with you. Now... are you ready for another? I know I am. My first was at 54 this past Halloween and I'm thinking one a year.

I have to laugh everytime I tell it to someone. Well, first I tell it, then do the reveal, and it goes from there. Another? Physically, yeah, but I'm not really sure what I would want. Definitely not one a year, I couldn't come up with enough tattoos (unless i go sooner than average).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chattyKathi
« Reply #125 on: April 10, 2010 10:18:05 AM »

here's mine. I designed it, my tattoo artist tweaked it so it is AWESOME. I love it.

if you can't read it , it says Love Laugh Create on the top on the bottom it has my kids name and in the middle is the sign for Libra, which I am.
I really wanted it to mean something  to me and it really took me a long time to come up with it. but once I did I knew I would never regret it! I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

love laugh create!
kismitj
« Reply #126 on: April 12, 2010 01:03:39 PM »

i designed this 13 years before i got it.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010 08:03:30 PM by MareMare - Reason: to reveal images for new member » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jericho
« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2010 07:00:34 PM »

Oh my gosh!!! This is awesome! I <3 Elvis!

This is my Elvis tattoo
[http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/98345_30Mar10_420.JPG
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010 08:02:56 PM by MareMare - Reason: to remove image tags. please don't quote pics. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's your mom!
Cinnapaste
« Reply #128 on: April 22, 2010 10:12:55 AM »

I've wanted the same tattoo since before my 16th birthday (I'll be 20 august 1st), but i've always wanted to either draw it myself or have a close friend do it for me. Well I finally drew it up the way I wanted and i'm going to take it to the shop I decide on and have one of their artists re draw it because I am by no means an artist.
The pic is my drawing and once I go in and have the artist draw it and I actually get it done i'll post another picture.

It's a claddagh. "The Claddagh's distinctive design features two hands clasping a heart, and usually surmounted by a crown. The elements of this symbol are often said to correspond to the qualities of love (the heart), friendship (the hands), and loyalty (the crown)." -from the wiki page for those who don't know what it is.
My mom has one on the top of her foot and i've always loved hers and the idea of having one, it just took me a few years to decide the details and where I wanted to put it.

I want it on my side, across my ribs.
The next pic is so you can see what i'm talking about. I want mine to be a little smaller if possible, but i'll leave it up to the artist because I don't want them to lose detail because i wanted it smaller.
(this one may be considered nsfw? It shows some side boob because of the positioning, so if that could be offensive to you then please don't click the link.)
(Credit:Trevor Collis of Iron Age tattoo in St. Louis, Mo.)
http://tinypic.com/r/hwjtkl/5

I want it to be all in the grayscale/shaded style like the placement pic or like this (when the link opens if you click the previous button there is another view of the same tattoo)
http://www.allstartat2.com/portfolio/alan41.html
(Credit:Alan at All Star Tattoo in St.Louis, Mo.)
Although i've played with the idea of the lone four leaf clover (all but one will just be 3 leafed) being in color. I think it might be cool to have just the one spot of color on it, but then I also thought it might be cool to leave it like the rest because then it would be like looking for the four leaf clover instead of it being pointed out to you.

Questions? Comments?

Thanks =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.- Winston Churchill

http://www.wists.com/Amandagator
lovesclutter

« Reply #129 on: April 22, 2010 11:00:21 AM »

Rib tattoos hurt. Ask Lo{ve}.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Willie Robertson on The Duck Commander Family
The Story Behind American Phoenix by Sarah S. Kilborne
How to Turn a Collection of Ideas Into a Book
How an Editor Improves the Book Writing Process
How to Self Publish a Book
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...