A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,698
Currently Running With Scissors:
515 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lets See Pics of Tattoos You Designed!  (Read 111419 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

modified

http://dontdollfacefotos.blogspot.com/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #230 on: December 29, 2011 04:14:22 PM »

Thought I'd throw mine up here.. (:

Back before I got the owl and my knuckles

Very old photo. Ignore the eye on my arm. It'll be covered with grandpa from the munsters soon!

And these are fresh as a daisy, done today.

I also have a chest piece. But that is AWFUL and will be covered (;
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KearaQuinn
« Reply #231 on: February 11, 2012 11:54:36 PM »

LOVING this thread =]] Its so good to see people seeing tattoos as another form of art.

So my first tattoo, came about three months after I turned 18. I came up with the idea and my very artistically inclined boyfriend drew it up for me.
Here's the design drawing:

And here's the picture after I got it done, sorry for the crappy quality, cell phone pictures =/

The word is my last name in Gaelic and the big symbol means strength. The three little symbols came from my love of the saying Live, Laugh, Love; and they're all an integral of my strength.

My second tattoo was drawn and tattoo'd on me by a wonderful friend of mine. I've always had a fascination with dream catchers and this tattoo came after I had some trouble dealing with my parents' divorce. It really helped me realize that everything gets better eventually.

Here it is:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You know you are in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -- Dr. Seuss
Lobaii
« Reply #232 on: February 19, 2012 05:37:55 AM »

Here is mine...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #233 on: March 18, 2012 08:42:07 AM »

didn't design her so much as my tattooist and I modified her. I love her. So much.

Do you know what goes well with a mermaid? a sleeve of mermaids. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

My Wists! www.wists.com/Myrdda
My Pinterest! www.pinterest.com/Myrdda
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: March 21, 2012 02:45:34 PM »

Gorgeous mermaid. When do you get more? Will they be the same design, colors, artist? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Myrdda
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying. - Oscar Wilde

« Reply #235 on: March 21, 2012 04:22:28 PM »

same artist, same body/tail shape, different colors, I think. Hah, I've not yet finished healing from this one, and I need to save my pennies for the next ones. Maybe in August.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

Guacamole
« Reply #236 on: March 26, 2012 07:18:16 AM »

I designed this one with the exception of the sunset in the dream catcher, my artist added that and I love it!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
monnie31
« Reply #237 on: March 26, 2012 12:53:49 PM »

I am in the process of designing a new one. a Celtic tree of life with some stars and butterflies
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Myrdda

« Reply #238 on: March 27, 2012 08:20:47 AM »

very pretty, Guacamole. I like the colors in the feathers - subtle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SWAPS:
Geeky Swap - sent

xmissmayhemx
« Reply #239 on: March 27, 2012 11:26:53 PM »

These are all the ones I designed/collaborated on. Two of mine are flash (I was young!) and one other one is an old old drawing of mine, and no pix Sad

I just got this is in February! I drew the skull, and my tattoo artist cleaned it up a tad and added a few details like the shading, the yellow in the web, and I loved this font so much I had to have it! Latin for "Remember your Mortality" I get asked about this one a lot when I wear short sleeves to work. I'm a nurse (HAHA!) and have yet to have someone react weirdly to my tats! Most people (even old people) like them!  

Nevermore. Yes, I'm a huge Poe fan...haha. I get asked about it all the time! One of two questions usually, "Does that say November?!" or "Nevermore? Are you a Poe fan?!" lol.

Lucky 13....Yes, 13 is my lucky number! However, this has a dual meaning..My dog Lucky passed away in 2009, and I wanted a way to memorialize him...He used to have a cool black "13" bandana that he loved, so this also represents him. Sorry about the blood! It was fresh! My husband has a matching one on his right calf.  

^^These are all on my right arm. Eventually, it will be my "DEATH" sleeve. A reminder that life is so damned short, you should never waste it doing something you hate!

Stars! I got this from a really cool guy before he passed away, and I originally got them as a kind of luck symbol...But it's kind of become this reminder that you should never take your life for granted!

« Last Edit: March 27, 2012 11:28:51 PM by xmissmayhemx » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr photos!
Stars and Sparrows
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...