A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,053
Currently Running With Scissors:
812 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lets See Pics of Tattoos You Designed!  (Read 105998 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

scarlet_nights
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a f@$&ing squirel

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #200 on: December 21, 2010 08:04:57 PM »

I have four tattoos. Two of them are combined so I guess technically I only have 3 but Ive been tattooed four times so to me that's 4.

This is on my left leg. The little butterfly in the middle was my very first tattoo. I got it years ago when I was about 19 or 20. I was mad that day and decided I needed a tattoo. I had the chair in a death grip before he started because I was terrified! After he did the first line I laughed and said, "that's it? that doesn't hurt"  This year I decided that it was a bit dull and needed jazzed up. I'm 27 so it had been awhile since Id gotten tattooed. The hedgehogs are for my two dogs, the grey one for Laylay and the brown one for Hercules who died when my house burned down. The tattoo artist actually laughed out loud when I brought in my dog's toy hedgehog. (I talk with my hands alot and everytime I put my hands down it would squeak) I'm thinking of adding flowers to it but cant decide if it will look good.

This is my newest one,its on my left forearm. A UT design but I drew the bead myself and was ridiculously proud because I cant draw. My tattoo artist always likes when I come in because according to him I have "kickass ideas" My mother utterly hates this one but its one of my favorites.

This one I dont like so much, its on my right leg halfway between my ankle and knee(please ignore the glaringly white leg). I call it my genie bottle. It was a "eh why not" tattoo and those are never a good idea. I want to do something with it but have no clue what. Any suggestions would be awesome.

I am completely in love with tattoos and have to get at least one more, my right forearm, I feel off balance with one on my left arm and none on my right. I have no idea what to get though. I keep thinking a word in Theban maybe or a pentacle or a fairy or vampire or...... well you get the idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Merry Bobbins
making it look easy

I wear safety glasses while sewing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2011 07:19:28 AM »

I have three tattoos.  I designed all of them and drew one of them onto my skin and then had it tattooed.

they are all about 20 years old now. 

this one was my first:  I designed it from two separate knots I combined.  the middle part came from a  "celtic coloring book" it was the corners of a stained glass window in the book, and the outer part was based off a celtic knot flash piece I had seen....

this tattoo is a phoenix.  i had designed it, then my artist did this tat freehand off of my design.
yes the phoenix is going into the flame.  now I am thinking about having it finally rise from the ashes instead of going down into flames, due to life now....

I drew this one directly onto my foot and my friend tattoed it, I have never gotten it colored in because I could never decide what i wanted at first and then i found out i really like doing things like henna or markers and such and switching it up.  it is like my own little coloring book i suppose...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2011 09:36:13 AM »

Wow that freehand phoenix is cool, but those Celtic knots are awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CandyMoon
« Reply #203 on: April 07, 2011 03:28:10 PM »

scarlet_nights-

I think it would be really cool if you expand on the damask feel all around your leg!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
v3nu5
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." -Albert Einstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: April 07, 2011 10:00:54 PM »

I finally got mine done about 2 months ago. My design, & I got to pick my main colors and my tattooist coordinated the shading and other little extras he threw in. He actually thanked me at the end of my 5 hour session for allowing him to have some artistic control. That was almost unheard of with all the previous tattoos I have gotten. I plan to go back for more, but what exactly I am including is up in the air. Grin I'm sure I will draw inspiration from this board.

1st picture is my second draft of my ink. I had originally had more leaves but decided less was more and the 4 signifies my 2 sisters, my brother and my self. Cheesy
Then there is my tattoo nicely healed after about a month in natural light at sundown. I still love it every time I see it.

This is a look at the fresh ink. The ink is very vivid only because my blood really brings out the color.  Tongue

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Farnsworth
« Reply #205 on: April 11, 2011 10:04:44 PM »

I have used the idea of tribal wings in many of my projects, but my first use of this exact design was in 2008, on a shirt. I ended up re-using my design enough times that I decided to get them inked.

So, this summer, I finally got it done! I am so happy with my wings Cheesy

This picture cracks me up, my friend (left) and husband (far right) went with me as I got my tattoo done, and my tattoo artist was nice enough to pose with us.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have joined the world of foodblogging! Check it out: http://freethoseradicals.blogspot.com/
amourlily
« Reply #206 on: April 23, 2011 08:49:31 PM »

I drew this tattoo myself and carried it around in my purse for like a month. I had like three pieces of paper taped together lol i still need to get color but my poorness makes it impossible right now. the outline took three hours...and pardon the bagel bites box in the first pic...what can i say..i like pizza anytime Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
scarlet_nights
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

You laugh because Im different, I laugh because your all the same.

Eh what, no Im a f@$&ing squirel

« Reply #207 on: May 11, 2011 02:26:11 PM »

scarlet_nights-

I think it would be really cool if you expand on the damask feel all around your leg!

lol I never noticed before, but it dose look like a piece of a damask design. A friend of my mind thinks it would look really neat as a crown for a fairy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cassiecate57
« Reply #208 on: May 14, 2011 08:11:30 AM »

my timshel tattoo. picked out the font from dafont.com (leaf1), the word is from a steinbeck novel. i love gradients.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
&blog
˙˙˙ǝɹǝɥ pɐɯ ןןɐ ǝɹ,ǝʍ

timshel
eternallyeve
Tutorial Contributor

Live - Love - Create

« Reply #209 on: May 19, 2011 01:48:10 AM »

Ok, here is my fresh piece. Inner wrist to inner elbow, black only.

This is a piece I very laboured over for weeks after contemplating my design for years. I freehanded the design on paper and then re-made it in Illustrator, it turned out lovely and clear so the tattooist used the design just as it was, no alterations.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come visit me Smiley
Website - Gallery - Blog - Tutorials - Store

Our collaborative craft blog!
Hand Made-n's
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 New Ways To Wear A Little Black Dress
Eva Longoria Shares Her Styling Tip To Look Slim
#CandidlyNicole Deleted Scene: The World Is Watching
Your New Summer Tee: Think Prints!
Closet Essentials Every Woman Needs
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...