A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,176
Currently Running With Scissors:
584 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Finished Hard Shell Camera Case  (Read 1518 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hammer79
« on: April 18, 2010 07:22:59 AM »

I finished my camera gear case.  In general, I'm pleased.  Samsonite even sent me keys that would work on the case.

I used roughly 3 yards of fabric, give or take a smidge.  I will need to review my receipts to guestimate about how much I spent fixing up my own case.

It was fun.  I'm working on the second case that's a bit larger than this one.  I can't fit all of my gear into one case.  Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lunamadre
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010 08:23:36 AM »

Wow, that looks great..... is this an old vintage suitcase?  What's the image on the top of the suitcase, and how did you put it on?  Is it a stencil?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lunamadre
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010 08:27:12 AM »

lol, ah I see you posted the in progress pics below in a different thread.... can't wait to see the other ones finished too!  I just picked up a hard shell vintage makeup train case, and I am planning on revamping it too.  There were blue suitcases exactly like the one you used...now I want to go back and buy them too!  So many uses....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hammer79
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010 10:12:54 AM »

The image is the logo that I made for my photography business.  I used tape to mask it off.  That worked pretty well.

If yours are from Samsonite, you can contact them to order keys for it.  It only cost me 4.50 to get like 6 keys, they just charge shipping.

I had found a little hard shell makeup case also by samsonite in pretty good condition at the local second hand store.  But, it was fourteen dollars and I'd feel bad to spend that on something I'm going to paint over.  It had keys with it too.  I maybe should've gotten it, just for fun.  I could redo it and use it for batteries and the small bits that I need to have handy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Will Bunch Reveals Where He Would Like to Be
Crystal Renn Talks About Hungry
Debbie Macomber Talks About One Simple Act
Richard Belzer Talks About I Am Not a Psychic
Davy Rothbart Reveals Where He Would Like to Be
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...