A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,482
Currently Running With Scissors:
420 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Friends of Craftster Raffle Swap FOCR R6 US ONLY (SIGNUPS CLOSED!! Sendout 6/27)  (Read 21022 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goldfishpollywog
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Goldfish kisses *<><

I have Never met an unimportant person. Never.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #250 on: June 23, 2009 05:51:20 PM »

I will be trying to cover every inch of skin from a mosquito attack and attempt to stay cool  Tongue while watching the city fireworks with my two men.   Grin Then we will go home and listen to the Boston Pop's concert.  Somewhere in there hot/chili dogs, lemonade, ice cream and crafts will come into play.  Then we will tuck ourselves together and talk about the soldiers in our family and why we are so thankful for everyone in the services today. Smiley

Growing up, we would go to the rodeo and dance.  I miss that, but 8 hours is a bit much to drive for one night.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pin(trest) are mightier than the sword.

LV Tumblr - possible swap spoilers
kevsbabe29
Kevsbabe

fav quote whats your point

« Reply #251 on: June 23, 2009 06:13:59 PM »

we are talking about having a cookout with panda,koalascout and family.  I hope it happens. It changes every year for us
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

« Reply #252 on: June 23, 2009 06:21:37 PM »

ok - background - when hubby's dad passed away he had a military burial, and that meant a flag - his mom was already passed away and so his eldest brother should have gotten it but the fools gave it to his sister at the grave instead (she looks older) - and so ensued a huge battle for custody of the flag.

solution: everyone gets together on the 4th of July (the last big family thing they did with their dad) and they hold a "passing of the flag" ceremony - handing it from eldest to youngest and then back to the start (there are eight siblings, and each has it for a year).

so we will be driving 180 miles to be there doing that and then they will all have their traditional recurring Irish wake in memory of all the people that aren't there to join them for "a touch of the good stuff" and I will watch them for a while (laughing as they are quite amusing once they get past maudlin and get to the singing) - then I will go join the kids for the real party, LOL!

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
kevsbabe29
Kevsbabe

« Reply #253 on: June 23, 2009 06:24:24 PM »

ok - background - when hubby's dad passed away he had a military burial, and that meant a flag - his mom was already passed away and so his eldest brother should have gotten it but the fools gave it to his sister at the grave instead (she looks older) - and so ensued a huge battle for custody of the flag.

solution: everyone gets together on the 4th of July (the last big family thing they did with their dad) and they hold a "passing of the flag" ceremony - handing it from eldest to youngest and then back to the start (there are eight siblings, and each has it for a year).

so we will be driving 180 miles to be there doing that and then they will all have their traditional recurring Irish wake in memory of all the people that aren't there to join them for "a touch of the good stuff" and I will watch them for a while (laughing as they are quite amusing once they get past maudlin and get to the singing) - then I will go join the kids for the real party, LOL!

Ronda
Blessings!

Awl thats awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RondaS

« Reply #254 on: June 23, 2009 06:30:24 PM »

Awl thats awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I actually think so too - except for us, his whole family lives within 10 miles of each other (few cousins live as far as 50 miles out) - I am glad to see them but frustrated that we always do the traveling, though I understand why.

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Brightest Blessings!
kevsbabe29
Kevsbabe

« Reply #255 on: June 23, 2009 07:12:23 PM »

I know its not cheaper for you but since there is alot of them it's cheaper.  That also means you don't get to see them often and so it's perfect.  I got to see me neice and nephew last week havn't seen them in about two years and I hated to say goodbye I will miss them very much and i cried Cry I don't cry. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RondaS

« Reply #256 on: June 23, 2009 09:31:36 PM »

I know its not cheaper for you but since there is alot of them it's cheaper.  That also means you don't get to see them often and so it's perfect.  I got to see me neice and nephew last week havn't seen them in about two years and I hated to say goodbye I will miss them very much and i cried Cry I don't cry. 

I am sorry you don't get to see them often - I used to live much farther away and didn't see my mother for two years - I was quite sad...

and I know it is better for us to go there than for all of them to come here so I don't gripe - plus I also get away with bringing KFC or something to the potluck so no cooking for the cook out...  Roll Eyes

Ronda
Blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brightest Blessings!
Jeane
« Reply #257 on: June 23, 2009 10:37:45 PM »

and I re-cooped by laying on the couch watching a scary 3D movie last night and did nuttin'  Grin

OMG Did I Laugh at this!! I just watched Dark Knight and it freaked me out a little which is really hard to do! (I'm creeped out just thinking about it now!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to get together with others in the area and have a day of crafting while emptying that "extra" (is there such a thing?) supplies! If interested PM me!!
TheSapphireMoon
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #258 on: June 24, 2009 07:06:29 AM »

OK, folks, I am in the process or organizing items for the drawing and then will do it!  I usually do it in the evening, so this is the closest I could get to doing an early drawing for us Smiley  Be back soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #259 on: June 24, 2009 07:16:43 AM »

The 4th for us is different every year as well. This year I think we will be going camping. Which means taking our dog and watching him go crazy in the window of the camper while the fire works are shot off.  Roll Eyes A lake, some beverages, and friends and family.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cute and Casual Holiday Outfit Tips
Hottest Holiday Party Fashions
How to Personalize Your Own Look
How to Style Your Turtleneck Sweater
How to Wear Sparkle for the Holidays
Latest Blog Articles
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3
September 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...