A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
520 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Airbrushing... yes it's an addiction!!!!!  (Read 3988 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GrindHouseHussy19
Guess Im at the right spot!! lol Here to craft an' chat!! woohoo!!!

Member of CAA- Crafting Addicts Anonymous

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: May 22, 2009 10:21:40 PM »

Cheesy Hi all!!

Now that my partner from the t shirt swap has received I can post these!! yay!!!

I wanted to try something new and different to me so I went out and got myself a little airbrushing kit!! Man I'm sooooo glad I did!!!!  Grin It's soooo much fun and yes I really do mean an addiction!!! hahahahaha I see a blank shirt and I want to paint it up!!!! Honestly I do!!! hahahaha Anyhoo... on with the shirts.........

This is the one I did for the swap!!! And it's the first attempt at it too!!!

I did the Dallas Cowboys' star for a friend of mine and the moon and kitty one is mine!!!  Tongue

The BF and I were not too sure what to do for mothers day.... so what else were we to do....but make shirts lol!!!!!!!!!!!
The MIL shirt...

and for my mum....

Most of the stencils I found online and I even think some of them were for pumpkin carving!!!! hahahahaha Hey it worked!!  Wink  I traced them onto dollar store shelf paper that had a sticky back cut them out and went to town airbrushing!!!! I even went out and bought a small hobby air compressor.... works soooo much better then that can o' crap propellant!!!

Thanks for looking! Cheesy
C&C welcomed!!!
-GH xo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JadedJenn

Valar morghulis.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009 10:55:49 PM »

Those are really nice! I love the dragon one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Also, I can kill you with my brain."
My Wists
MissJessica
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009 07:32:23 AM »

I love the unicorn!! Where did you get your airbrush kit? Is it difficult to do?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GrindHouseHussy19

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009 08:02:04 AM »

I got my kit at a Michaels. (love their 50% off coupons lol Cheesy ) The solid blocks of a colour is quite easy. The unicorn was the first of applying with more than one colour. I was only using one stencil, so I used a piece of paper to cover over what I didn't want to be sprayed. (ex. I covered the unicorns' hind leg which is white to spray the red and orange on the tail) It's quite fun actually. I find myself rooting thru the net to find easy stencils to trace and cut out to make into shirts ALL THE TIME NOW!!!! hahahahahahha I really just played with it. So to sum all that up... yes it can be quite easy. Play around with it that's all I did. Also I looked up airbrushing on youtube to see if that would help too!!! I'm not good at explaining things so I really hope I didn't confuse you  Tongue and that it helped a little. ha!!

-GH xo

ps I have a really cool stencil with a lions head that says leo on the bottom,  I'm gonna do that one up soon!!! will post when that one is done!!  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissJessica
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009 09:30:27 AM »

Thanks for the tip. I may have to swing by Michael's this weekend! Yes, definitely post the lion!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GrindHouseHussy19

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009 11:53:47 AM »

The kit I bought was the $129.99 (canadian) Badger Model 350-6 Complete Airbrush Craft Kit!!! Just incase you do swing by that Michaels store!! lol
-GH
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lentil
Round and slightly nutty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009 02:57:49 AM »

Gorgeous! They look really professional ... you could make good money selling those Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shallbe
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009 06:56:37 PM »

Those look fantastic!! I've been thinking about doing this on shirts because my dad has a little airbrush for painting lures..  but for a tshirt do you use certain paint or just watered down fabric paint? thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GrindHouseHussy19

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009 09:00:00 PM »

ty everyone!! i'm really glad u like the shirts!!! i LOVE doing 'em!!!  Grin (lion head soon to be posted it's done just gotta get the pics on the puter!!)

shallbe : i use the airbrush paint from Michaels. but i don't see y not trying fabric paint watered down?! but it needs to be a very thin thin consistency. if u have a Michaels by u...shake the bottle to see just how thinned out the paint really is and then give'r a shot!! lol hey if u do let me know lol cuz i thought of doing that myself but just haven't gotten around to tryin it yet!!! lol  Wink
-GH  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

percyrosemont
Albatross to myself alone

Albatross ... DUCK!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009 11:07:20 AM »

how well does the paint hold up on the shirt? I assume since it's thin layers it doesn't crack or peel but how is it in the wash?

Great job you've inspired me as well I think I just might start this up too! so many ideas are swirling in my head all of a sudden!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beyonce Debuts Her New Bob on Stage
Nasty Gal Designs Shoe Cult Collection
Marchesa Debuts Affordable Daywear Line
Temperley London - Designer Bio - Videofashion
Fall Maternity Fashion from Hatch
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...