A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,950
Currently Running With Scissors:
740 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Geek Chic gallery  (Read 19457 times)
Tags for this thread: geek  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rhymewithorange

chemists do it with models

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: July 14, 2009 05:35:36 PM »

Oh man dukemanistan...I love everything!!!   Cheesy It all looks so awesome! I'm so so sorry about this whole address mix up thing, but I am beyond excited to actually have these things in my possession! The Good Eats bag is awesome, and it's for grocery shopping, huzzah! And I love love love the wow mug. My boyfriend will be envious of that in a major way! And the shirts are awesome and hilarious.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!
 Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dukemanistan
« Reply #121 on: July 14, 2009 06:12:50 PM »

Oh man dukemanistan...I love everything!!!   Cheesy It all looks so awesome! I'm so so sorry about this whole address mix up thing, but I am beyond excited to actually have these things in my possession! The Good Eats bag is awesome, and it's for grocery shopping, huzzah! And I love love love the wow mug. My boyfriend will be envious of that in a major way! And the shirts are awesome and hilarious.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!
 Grin

Glad to hear everything looks good.   I came up with the Hemotologists one Almost as soon as I read your profile, but I wasn't sure what to put on the yellow shirt and then I recalled the Inigo shirt you did and another famous catchphrase from that movie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When it comes to textile crafts, I am only sew sew.
TheCraftyCat

The truth is out there... anybody got the URL?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: July 14, 2009 09:06:09 PM »

Pictures from my package! Woohoo!
First, the loot I sent to TheCraftyCat. I haven't seen her post pictures of it yet, so I figure this is okay?

I owe you a huge apology.  Undecided  Life has been crazy busy lately.  I'll see if I can't get some action shots posted in the next couple of days.  Thank you again - and I'm glad you like what I sent you!

OMG, I love the shirt with the kitty saying ""!! I took AP Stat this past year and often found myself doodling ing kitties during class...Tongue

I cracked up when I saw the shirt.  Then I had to explain it to my husband, who isn't very familiar with the Greek alphabet.  Hee hee, back when I took AP calculus, I doodled more than one picture of Snoopy on top of his doghouse, snoring out an ∫dZ Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dorkariffic
Kind of a hippy.

Hufflepuff Seeker - Dork Extrordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2009 10:56:31 AM »

So, my partner went MIA, but I know she received, so I'm going to post the pictures I have of what I made. I wish I had taken more.

Space Invaders coasters. These were a lot of fun to make. All the colored beads in the coasters are glow-in-the-dark.

A Zelda Triforce DS Lite case. It's lined with the same yellow satin that I used for the triforce.
I was really proud of this - I'd never installed a zipper before, I'd never done a lining before, and I didn't know how big a DS Lite was, hahaha. (I found out before I made it.) The ONLY problem I had with it is that darn triforce is crooked!

I also made a Mario coin block coin bank inspired by this one: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=cat1_gallery_19&listing_id=17530471
But I forgot to take pictures of it. Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LOOKING FOR A PERSONAL SWAP: I'm hoping for dinosaur-themed Xmas crackers, or other dinosaur Xmas items. I can make a Jayne Cobb hat, or many other things!

"Before we begin, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you."

Wists & LJ links in pro
Nostrum
Australian made and owned.

Don't dream it, be it.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2009 08:33:38 PM »

Aw, it sucks that your partner went AWOL, because she got an awesome package!! Those coasters are fantastic. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Keep smiling - It makes people wonder what you're up to.

Looking for Australian personal swaps! [For now. I'll branch overseas when I can afford it!]
crazyda79
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2009 08:52:49 PM »

That is a great package!! I love the coasters and the Mario bank, so fun!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
131/50 swaps
97/50 friends/family
228/50 total
millik
Cap'm of the Nerd Brigade

« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2009 02:49:18 PM »

Awesome job on the pouch! I have never done a zipper before either... I have afraid.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dorkariffic
Kind of a hippy.

Hufflepuff Seeker - Dork Extrordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: August 05, 2009 04:13:09 PM »

I received from my fabulous angel, themuppet!

Action shot of the first two items out of the box: a tetris-block necklace, and a fab black t-shirt that says "i grok." Heinlein FTW! (I'm not crazy about this picture of me, but I kept interrupting my fiance's reading to show him the next thing I'd pulled out of the box, and then he took this pic for me, so I didn't want to make him take another.)

I asked themuppet if she would make a folder to hold my checkbook, register, and possibly also my little pocket calendar, and she said she'd do her best. And boy, did she! I totally love the old-school Mario theme.

I put the three items in immediately, and they fit beautifully! I had been keeping them in an old paycheck envelope, which was disintegrating inside my purse. This is a BIG  step up, haha! The front flap has 1-Up mushrooms over where the velcro is on the inside, and the back has Toad (my tied-with-Luigi-for-favorite character) and the words "Our princess is in another castle". Did I even tell you how often I make jokes with that line? The inside has a fun splotchy pattern, and stars on the other side of the velcro patches.

And last, but CERTAINLY not least:

This little piece of framed artwork has already found a home on my bookshelf/headboard. The picture doesn't do it justice. The colors are so vibrant, and it's speckled all over with silver, and it just looks totally amazing. I am seriously tempted to just carry this around with me, hahaha! I am definitely taking it to my next D&D session, to show it off and make my friends jealous.

Thank you SO MUCH THEMUPPET!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LOOKING FOR A PERSONAL SWAP: I'm hoping for dinosaur-themed Xmas crackers, or other dinosaur Xmas items. I can make a Jayne Cobb hat, or many other things!

"Before we begin, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you."

Wists & LJ links in pro
crazyda79
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #128 on: August 06, 2009 01:27:45 AM »

I received from my partner, MegLW2008, today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
131/50 swaps
97/50 friends/family
228/50 total
themuppet
Wants your tasty brainmeats.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #129 on: August 06, 2009 09:37:50 PM »

Yay, you're most welcome!  That was fun, I can't wait until I'm allowed to join swaps.. haha!

I've always loved the "our princess is in another castle" line - I always thought it was a Toad conspiracy to drive Mario over the brink.  Wink  My kids are crazy for Mario and thought I was the coolest mom ever while I was drawing Toad and the little mushrooms/stars/etc.  Of course now they just think I'm weird again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair Straightening Tips
Basic Tips for Curly Hair
Ethnic Hair Straightening Tips
Ethnic Hair Natural Styling Tips
Tips for a Formal Short Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...