A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
466 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Geek Chic gallery  (Read 18540 times)
Tags for this thread: geek  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2009 01:20:03 PM »

I just checked and your package went through the Richmond CA facility today, so you should get your package today or tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
butofcourse
she's crafty!

Knit fast, die warm

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2009 05:24:44 PM »

yay!  I received from tinkerbella2005 the other day.  and I Loooooove my package!!  Get jealous you guys.  Let's take a look!

awesome embroidered things!  Mario and Peach cameos and a rebel alliance wall hanging!

a (paper mario type) mario dishcloth!

some excellent charms

some very nerdy magnets

bangles that are just my style

star wars throw!!

I love all my nerdy things SOOO much!!  thank you tinkerbella!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cigarettesandvalentines
Red ships of Spain!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2009 06:44:15 PM »

awesome packages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Someone has to go back and get a shitload of dimes."

Personal Swaps? Love 'em! Drop me a PM

etsy! http://www.etsy.com/shop/historystuffed

http://hamiltonsstupidhat.blogspot.com/
Salo
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2009 06:44:59 PM »

I checked the mail for the first time at my new apartment today and was rewarded with my package. Everything is so wonderful. I'm ridiculously happy with all of it.

First, a Zelda Triforce illusion dishcloth. I've never seen this type of thing before. I think it's really cool.

These are the plush microbes I was hoping for done in amigurumi. There's the common cold on the left and beer yeast on the right. The common cold is made from some really soft yarn. I'm in love with them both.

I was so excited about the DNA earrings, that I put them on right away. The grocery check out lady thinks they are awesome too.

And a close up of my sweet Doctor Who Gallifrey Tube Station T-shirt.

Thanks oddacity! I love it all!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2009 07:10:58 PM »

Great packages. I love the mario and peach. Such a great idea and the microbes are adorable. Of course, both wash clothes are way cool too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
crazyda79

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2009 10:08:28 PM »

WOW what awesome packages!! I love all the wash cloths!  The embroidery is awesome too!  COmmon cold plushie, how fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
119/50 swaps
93/50 friends/family
212/50 total
millik
Cap'm of the Nerd Brigade

« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2009 10:13:41 PM »

Great stuff everyone! I am really loving all the cool NES stuff in this swap. Those dishcloths are amazing!

I got my uber-fantabulous package from titaniumhip today. I'll post pictures soon...  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

millik
Cap'm of the Nerd Brigade

« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2009 10:56:11 PM »

Okay everyone... here is my package from titaniumhip. First, here is a group shot of almost everything.

One of the items was on the other side of the table getting dusted out by my girlfriend. You will be able to see it later Smiley A couple of things in the package that I didn't get close-ups of... the mushroom door hanger, that is now hanging on the door to our bedroom; some star candies in an awesome tin that hints at invincibility; and, a bag of Scrabble tournament tiles! AAAHHHH!!!! I just read a book about tournament Scrabble so this is incredibly exciting for me. Apparently, her friend is an international tournament player... what's their ranking, eh? This is so freaking cool, seriously.

Ok, first up for closeups is a giant pillow with the theme for Wonderfalls stitched on. The back is a really soft and comfortable flannel. We chatted alot about Wonderfalls and Pushing Daisies during the swap. Smiley

Next up is a hand painted robot pillow that may potentially live at my work in the near future. He has the Drupal logo on him--the CMS that I use at work for all of our websites!

She had mentioned that even her fiance got in on the craftiness... I knew they were both great artists, but I didn't really know what to expect... well, here it is, his first ever print! It was a little dusty from the trip, but my girlfriend fixed it up a bit and it is now ready to go up in our living room...

Freaking Particle Man, people!! Along with his friends Triangle Man, Person Man, and Size of the Entire Universe Man. Is there anything geekier than They Might Be Giants art? Doubtful Tongue My girlfriend just noted that Person Man looks a little like a Nac Mac Feegle. I think it is the red hair.

Another Wonderfalls related item was this vintage Viewmaster that she got off the ebays. It came with a whole mess of really old reels, like this nifty Dracula one.

All of the slides have sort of developed a sort of red tint, making the Dracula reel especially creepy in a delightful sort of way:

Ok, we are coming up on the home stretch here. Everything I got was fantastic! Well made, super geeky... seriously, I was squeeing about everything in the post office parking lot... everything is totally me and totally rad. I absolutely adore everything, but if I had to pick just one thing that was my favorite, it might be this:

An international Scrabble by mail challenge! There's a hand colored board and an envelope with the letters all cut out from paper. She even included 2 US stamps to get the game started on my end. This is the best idea I've ever seen. It will probably take a year to play a whole game, but it will be totally worth it.

Thank you so much, titaniumhip, for all of the amazing goodies! You were a fantastic swap partner and I look forward to playing Scrabble with you Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazyda79

« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2009 11:05:33 PM »

OMG so super fun I love it all!!  I also forgot to mention how much I love those DNA earrings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest
50 projects in 2014 my list on page 54
119/50 swaps
93/50 friends/family
212/50 total
raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2009 04:58:32 AM »

I didn't think of joining because I didn't know what I could contribute but this gallery is AWESOME!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
After You Die Book Trailer
Ursula Le Guin Discusses Earthsea
Debating the Real Meaning of "Moby Dick"
Fan Fiction Vs Copyright
Katie Kitamura on Her Novel Gone to the Forest
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...